Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is 2020 gonna be a big year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #21

Default Re: Is 2020 gonna be a big year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I figured it was looooong gone but a checker came out and told me to look in the corral and not just the front where I'd left it. Sure as shiat there it was in the middle of the parking lot.

After being on Samsung for so long it is taking a bit to get used to. My first Droid was an HTC and they do Droid like Google does it and not like Samsung with all the bloatware and proprietary keyboard etc.

It's fast as fawk compared to my S8+ that's for damned sure. My only grip is the lack of LED light to tell you about texts, emails etc without having to wake up the screen. Other than that she's a keeper.

A big part of the reason I gave up on Android this time is because of Samsung. Their phones work fine when new, but they quickly go to shit with their bloated interface. Their OS "updates" make it worse. And then never update to new versions of Android. They expect you to buy a new phone for an upgrade. I want a pure Android phone. I don't know if HTC even makes high-end phone's anymore, but they used to be the best Android phones. Maybe I'll try a Pixel when the 5 comes out.

The notification LED is awesome. I'm not sure why Android never took that an ran with it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
A big part of the reason I gave up on Android this time is because of Samsung. Their phones work fine when new, but they quickly go to shit with their bloated interface. Their OS "updates" make it worse. And then never update to new versions of Android. They expect you to buy a new phone for an upgrade. I want a pure Android phone. I don't know if HTC even makes high-end phone's anymore, but they used to be the best Android phones. Maybe I'll try a Pixel when the 5 comes out.

The notification LED is awesome. I'm not sure why Android never took that an ran with it.

I've ran my last few Samsung phones for 2-3 years each and other than battery life going down due to abuse they were still the same at the end. I just wanted to try something different this time and so far I'm glad I did.

Had a family friend meet my brothers and my parents at their place to discuss investments and my parents new place doesn't have internet yet. They used my phone as a hotspot to get business handled. Apparently our family friend was impressed that this phone could process that much data so quickly so he text me last night at midnight asking about it some more. He's ordering a pair of 4 XLs for him and the wife and a couple 3a XLs for the kids. .
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:51 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Sounds like the issues I was having with my S5 for the last year or so and is why when I went with the 512gb for the 11 Pro Max I just got and discovered I accidentally bought an Unlocked model instead of Verizon specific, which is fine with me, less phone company bloatware I can't removed to deal with Originally, I only made the switch so I was on the same plug with the rest of my family, especially before Mom passed and would be in the hospital from time to time, I would need to bring my own charging stuff.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:01 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Originally, I only made the switch so I was on the same plug with the rest of my family
That's a very under-rated reason to switch. I didn't consider that when I switched from my iPhone to an Android a few years back. I always have to keep a USB C cable on me because very few people have one laying around. Lighting cables on the other hand are everywhere.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
That's a very under-rated reason to switch. I didn't consider that when I switched from my iPhone to an Android a few years back. I always have to keep a USB C cable on me because very few people have one laying around. Lighting cables on the other hand are everywhere.

It's your phone so why not be responsible for your own charging?

I have USB-c cables all over the house and in my truck plugged in and ready to go. I have a lightening cable on the guest side of my bed and in my pickup for the girls in my life since they never remember these things. I can forgive their forgetfulness in that area due to their other uhhh attributes though...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:33 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Yup, that was my main reason for changing brands when the time finally came, the frustration of the other issues just pushed me even further along. Now Dad’s iPhone 6 (the “long” version), is also aging out and doesn’t have the battery life it used to, so he’s been looking at mine and reeeaaly wants the new 12 once that drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
It's your phone so why not be responsible for your own charging?

I have USB-c cables all over the house and in my truck plugged in and ready to go. I have a lightening cable on the guest side of my bed and in my pickup for the girls in my life since they never remember these things. I can forgive their forgetfulness in that area due to their other uhhh attributes though...
I have a couple USB cables between my bed and night stand as well as one on the kitchen table, plus a battery back up with it’s own as well, but when you need one any everything else is a Lightening Plug, being different in this case is a PITA. Another advantage is that if I could have used the plugs and chargers Dad already had there, like my Sister could, it was one less thing I would need to pack in and out of where ever Mom was at that time and wouldn’t have to worry about forgetting in in the 200 (which could be a hike with our local hospitals!) let alone at home, 30+ miles from one place she had been for a couple extended stays
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Is 2020 gonna be a big year? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It’s that time of year again! New Years hangover 2020 stevem50 Maryland 0 11-30-2019 06:44 PM
It's Gonna B Big mwscooters Axial SCX-10 60 06-15-2014 09:05 PM
Fishermen, Any Big Fish This Year ? twisted Chit Chat 66 09-10-2010 08:13 AM
If you're gonna go big, you may as well make if work for you.... shambrick Chit Chat 10 05-20-2010 12:47 PM