RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Is 2020 gonna be a big year? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/614786-2020-gonna-big-year.html)

Frank211 01-16-2020 05:31 PM

Is 2020 gonna be a big year?

So when i went out the other day to do a little crawling, i ran into a little bird,he was testing out a new 12t motor esc and servo.

Is it gonna be an explosive year for the rc community?

What's your thought? Ring in y'all!

Frank211 01-16-2020 05:41 PM

Re: Is 2020 gonna be a big year?

Proline making a tow,just guess?(or a portable fishing rod)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0e7e75da39.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Greatscott 01-17-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank211 (Post 5991229)
Proline making a tow,just guess?(or a portable fishing rod)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0e7e75da39.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Nooooo….. Proline is making new dirt and new rocks, and selling both for $30/oz.

svt923 01-17-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 5991335)
Nooooo….. Proline is making new dirt and new rocks, and selling both for $30/oz.

Available for preorder now!
Aaaaaaaand its discontinued

CM9000 01-17-2020 08:44 PM

looks like basher tires and a jeep "pickup" body.

related to the thread title, I think 2020 will be a decent year for RC. TLR just released the new 22X-4 4wd 1/10 buggy. ill be picking one of those up.

seems to me that RC is getting bigger as the years pass on. new technologies coming out of the woodwork. some companies though are still set in their ways.

WHITE-TRASH 01-17-2020 11:49 PM

Big for rc? Sure.

Big for my personal life? Hellthefawkyeah! :lol:

CM9000 01-18-2020 06:30 AM

yep. go shoot some stick! lol.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

rock hard 03-06-2020 01:33 AM

I was hoping. I been gone a long time but been itching to hit rocks again.

Really thinking 2020 be the year I get back into comping. But looks like the music died.

No more state clubs hosting state finals for invites to nats.

My 2 cents

Somebody fkd up a good thing

Glad I got a piece of it while it lasted.

I’ll check in next year, maybe there be some action lined up.

Cheerio

JatoTheRipper 03-06-2020 06:19 AM

Looks like a new body and maybe new tires?

I don't think it's going to be bigger than it has been of late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5991351)
Aaaaaaaand its discontinued

Shots fired! It's the truth though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5991561)
Big for rc? Sure.

Big for my personal life? Hellthefawkyeah! :lol:

Divorce party? :lmao:

oldblue2010 04-23-2020 08:46 PM

Who knew when the OP started this thread THIS crap would be happening- FAWK

Greatscott 04-24-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldblue2010 (Post 6016717)

:lmao:

Hindsight is a biotch...

BJoe 04-24-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldblue2010 (Post 6016717)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 6016756)
:lmao:

Hindsight is a biotch...

Yup, I’m still working from home using the laptop I bought 14-15 months ago. If you had told me that starting 1 year after buying it that I would be and uncle, have Mom pass away, scrap my XJ that I bought in 2003, and this whole mess, the last one is the only one I’d think was bullshit!

crunky 04-26-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJoe (Post 6016831)
Yup, I’m still working from home using the laptop I bought 14-15 months ago. If you had told me that starting 1 year after buying it that I would be and uncle, have Mom pass away, scrap my XJ that I bought in 2003, and this whole mess, the last one is the only one I’d think was bullshit!

The only reason someone would willingly scrap an XJ is if it had Corona virus...

Sorry for your luck bud.

BJoe 04-26-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunky (Post 6017285)
The only reason someone would willingly scrap an XJ is if it had Corona virus...

Sorry for your luck bud.

Severe rust, interior mold, and the city getting on us to get rid of it in less time than the blown out brake line could be fixed correctly.

Felt like I was putting down an old loyal horse or dog:cry:

crunky 04-26-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJoe (Post 6017308)
Severe rust, interior mold, and the city getting on us to get rid of it in less time than the blown out brake line could be fixed correctly.

Felt like I was putting down an old loyal horse or dog:cry:

Dang man I feel for you.... my condolences to cherocar nation, another caravan lost it's light.

BJoe 04-27-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunky (Post 6017311)
Dang man I feel for you.... my condolences to cherocar nation, another caravan lost it's light.

Thanks, what sucked is that there wasn't even 2 months between Mom passing and then being put into a position to scrap the XJ, hit me way hard than expected.

Speaking of Caravans.....other than functioning brakes, Dad's '06 Town and Country wasn't in much better shape than my XJ was when scrapped and Dad was getting concerned it wasn't going to survive past next winter with the severe rust and funny noises coming from it's 3.8l V-6. Dad finally decided that he was going to replace it and went to the dealer the T&C, my 200, and my Sister's Challenger were all bought from and tried to get a Pacifica or Voyager, but couldn't find one in his price range, but they did get their hands on a 2020 Grand Caravan SE Plus from another dealer group that he can afford! It doesn't have the power doors and hatch like the T&C did and seems to be a bit higher off the ground, make entry more difficult for him, but it does have satellite radio with backup camera and DVD player, the current version of the 3.6l Pentastar and 62te transaxle like my 200 has (just not flex fuel, which sucks, those engines love corn liquor), solid sliders with no whistling or cold drafts up your back from rusty doors, and amazing brakes compared to what his T&C has as well as what my 200 has:shock:8) He's also discovered one issue I have been dealing with since '12 in my 200 now that the engine is starting to wear in and the computers are starting to figure him out. we were going over the the Best Buy where I got my new iPhone through to pick it up and he leaned into the throttle trying to pull away from a stop sign on damp concrete and it broke the front tires loose while getting some not so subtle wheel hop.....shocked the hell outta him when it did that too! I kinda laughed and said "Now you know what I've dealt with for the past 8 years, only I have less weight over the front tires:ror:"thumbsup"

WHITE-TRASH 04-30-2020 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6002789)

Divorce party? :lmao:

Pretty much yea. :lol:

Ex totalled her car a couple weeks ago right after her parents put tires, shocks/struts, alignment etc into it.

Last week I picked up a pixel 4 and 3 days later left it on a shopping cart. Went back and didn't see it, turns out someone used the cart and returned it in the parking lot corral with the phone still in it... Yesterday the new front tires for my pickup came in. I loaded them up to be installed in the town I was headed to. Part way there I lost a valve stem on a front wheel. 5 minutes later the spare was on and I ended up mounting them myself and the tire store balanced them for free.

Karma is a biotch to those that deserve it. Apparently I've been doing ok lately. :lol:

2mtech 04-30-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 6018337)

Ex totalled her car a couple weeks ago right after her parents put tires, shocks/struts, alignment etc into it.

Last week I picked up a pixel 4 and 3 days later left it on a shopping cart. Went back and didn't see it, turns out someone used the cart and returned it in the parking lot corral with the phone still in it... Yesterday the new front tires for my pickup came in. I loaded them up to be installed in the town I was headed to. Part way there I lost a valve stem on a front wheel. 5 minutes later the spare was on and I ended up mounting them myself and the tire store balanced them for free.

Karma is a biotch to those that deserve it. Apparently I've been doing ok lately. :lol:

Must be all that clean living! :lmao:

I hope you bought a lottery ticket.

JatoTheRipper 04-30-2020 08:01 AM

I have to say, Frank, I think you jinxed us. COVID-19 has helped created a pretty boring 2020 so far. :lmao: It could be worse though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 6018337)

:lmao: well congratulations!

I'm blown away your phone was still there. How are you liking that phone? I still kinda kick myself for getting the new iPhone instead of waiting for the Pixel 4.

WHITE-TRASH 04-30-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6018388)

:lmao: well congratulations!

I'm blown away your phone was still there. How are you liking that phone? I still kinda kick myself for getting the new iPhone instead of waiting for the Pixel 4.

I figured it was looooong gone but a checker came out and told me to look in the corral and not just the front where I'd left it. Sure as shiat there it was in the middle of the parking lot.

After being on Samsung for so long it is taking a bit to get used to. My first Droid was an HTC and they do Droid like Google does it and not like Samsung with all the bloatware and proprietary keyboard etc.

It's fast as fawk compared to my S8+ that's for damned sure. My only grip is the lack of LED light to tell you about texts, emails etc without having to wake up the screen. Other than that she's a keeper.