RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   R.I.P. Black Mamba (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/615084-r-i-p-black-mamba.html)

Frank211 01-26-2020 01:00 PM

R.I.P. Black Mamba

WOW Kobe is dead.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8a9baa99ad.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

WHITE-TRASH 01-26-2020 01:05 PM

Re: R.I.P. Black Mamba

Meh

BJoe 01-26-2020 01:36 PM

Just saw that a little while back, only to have it confirmed while at fhe nearby 7-11.

GA Dawg 01-26-2020 03:03 PM

I thought Uma Thurman was dead for a second.

dezfan 01-26-2020 03:40 PM

He was one of the greatest to ever play the game.

He had his issues just like the rest of us.

Sad to see him pass at such a young age, and even sadder that his 13 year old daughter was with him.

Prayers to the family of all those who died in the wreck.

Tell your loved ones you love them everyday, you never know when it might be the last time. 🙁

themountain 01-26-2020 04:33 PM

What a shock ..he was one of the greatest sport personalities out there. He will be truely missed :cry:

WHITE-TRASH 01-26-2020 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol: Its already started...

Peaker 01-27-2020 06:50 AM

Always sad, but all it really did for me was remind me of SRV that left too soon the saw way.

Greatscott 01-27-2020 06:51 AM

Yeah, the news broke during the ProBowl, thought we were going to war or an asteroid was about to strike. Don't follow basket ball at all, it is just as boring as soccer is, but for the exact opposite reason.

Nope, I wasn't purposefully watching the ProBowl, they had it on at the restaurant that I was at, and I had forgotten my cell phone. I will say, it was cool seeing all of the Seahawk players there, its too bad none of the 49er players could make it.

JatoTheRipper 01-27-2020 07:41 AM

Kobe was a local guy. His Lower Merion High School is less than an hour from my home. I remember many years ago my mom telling me that her coworker refereed high school games and there was all this talk about this kid named Kobe being the next Michael Jordan. I brushed it off as one of those stories where so many kids are called the next "great" only to flounder and fail under the hype. Obviously, Kobe wasn't the next MJ, but he beat the odds and became a basketball legend in his own right. He lived a full life in 41 years. I feel bad for his wife and daughters, one of which died along with him. Sad, tragic day. For the rest of us it should be a reminder that life is short and you never know when it may end.

hpiguy 01-27-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaker (Post 5993738)
Always sad, but all it really did for me was remind me of SRW that left too soon the saw way.

That would actually be SRV, and totally different circumstances, even though both involved a helicopter.

JacktheRipper 01-27-2020 10:19 AM

Plan was flying when all other air traffic was grounded for the weather.

Who's decision would you guess made that happen?

Not thinking it was the pilot, and took 8 others down with it.

Wasted lives

pep

Peaker 01-28-2020 04:06 PM

yeah have just corrected that W,,,,, i have no idea where that came from.:oops:

As i recall Clapton was supposed to have been in the helicopter instead of Stevie Ray,,,,, that i would have been more able to live with, though i have a lot of old music where Clapton feature too.

Joshs4x4toyz 01-29-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacktheRipper (Post 5993807)
Plan was flying when all other air traffic was grounded for the weather.

Who's decision would you guess made that happen?

Not thinking it was the pilot, and took 8 others down with it.

Wasted lives

pep

But there is only one pilot. I doubt he said, "fine you fly it!". Heavily pressured due to arrogance, sure, I get what youre saying. But as a professional in what you do, you have got to know better. Like bus drivers crossing flood water and swept away with kids. There is an operator to blame unless they have a gun to their head. A shame indeed though.

JatoTheRipper 01-29-2020 10:21 AM

The pilot is a professional and, more importantly, an adult. He could have said he wasn't flying due to the weather conditions if he felt that way. He obviously, didn't. You can't assume he was pressured and put the blame on anybody else. Flying is the pilot's job and it's his responsibility to asses the conditions and determine if flying is safe. I'm not sure anybody in their right mind would put their job before their own life.

Hell, at this point a cause hasn't even been determined. So assuming it was Kobe pressuring the pilot to fly in poor weather is just being asinine.

crunky 01-29-2020 11:00 AM

Suddenly sitting in traffic doesn't seem so bad...

Greatscott 01-30-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunky (Post 5994378)
Suddenly sitting in traffic doesn't seem so bad...

It is better to be sitting in a traffic jam than being the cause of it...

So... What happened with his sexual assault cases? There was one in 2003 where a woman said he raped her, but would not testify so the charges were dropped, and there have been a few more since. In the age of cancel-culture, how did Kobe's reputation and popularity survive this? Was he like Jimmy Kimmel and in line with the main stream media, making them ignore his passed?

I do miss The Man Show... Juggies, Girls in bikinis on trampolines, and of course ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy oi oi oi, ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy oi oi oi