Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2020, 04:40 AM   #301
RCC Addict

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

As a trucker one bad thing I’m seeing is thousands of Americans using this as a vacation and travel opportunity. So many complete idiots. I’ve driven about 7hrs so far today (on break now) and counted 14 different states plates. It’s only 5:40am here.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #302
Quarry Creeper

Sad. Old people are at a great risk. Italy prefers to treat the young first and the old later if possible.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #303
I wanna be Dave

Anyone else's hypochondria pegged at 15?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #304
Quarry Creeper

With more testing taking place the mortality rates are going down and treatments that were used successfully in South Korea are well known and being used in other countries. Once the FDA finally approves these treatments the numbers will only improve.

The current lock-down will help to slow the spread but is very unlikely to eliminate it, especially considering the unknown number of symptom free transmissions and the relatively mild symptoms in the majority of cases. 100% testing is not viable nor are the tests 100% reliable.

WHO, as part of the UN, cannot be trusted to tell the whole truth. Don't forget the WHO praised China's handling of the epidemic choosing to ignore the obvious truth that China was covering up and downright lying. The WHO, like the media and the DNC, also criticized the travel bans instituted by the Trump administration. That criticism has not aged well.

The only thing that is 100% reliable is that the progressives masquerading as Democrats and their spokespeople masquerading as our mainstream media will hype the danger and glibly lie in any way possible to harm the current administration.

My children attend a school where the vast majority of students are ethnic Chinese and many of their families visited China for their new year celebration. I am still recovering from a fairly nasty flu but have not been tested for the Wuhan Corona virus as I have not been sick enough to visit a doctor, only having spent one day in bed.

As a member of the high risk group for Covid-19 living in a populous country without the benefit of advanced medical care I do not take the threat lightly, simply pragmatically.

At least the government here has imported a good supply of the medicines that have proven effective treating the Wuhan virus in other countries.

~more facts, logic and personal responsibility would make the world a far better place than all the leftist ideas could dream of.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
At least the government here has imported a good supply of the medicines that have proven effective treating the Wuhan virus in other countries.

What medicines have proven effective in treating people with covid-19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #306
Rock Crawler

"treatments that were used successfully in South Korea are well known and being used in other countries"
I still can not get in contact with anyone i know in S Korea, to me it seem more like a country falling off the map, than a country with a miracle cure for this stuff.

I fear more countries are facing a rough ride in the weeks to come.

Total global deaths are just about 15,000 today, which funny enough was how many Danes the Spanish flu took back then, so if just 30 or even 40-50,000 die that's pretty lucky and a extremely low number in this day and age.
And sure as hell not something that should make us relaxed one bit.
Overall we might just be on the cusp of this, a very dark hole might be ahead.

PS. it do seem like Chinese stranded elsewhere for the holidays are slowly returning to their place of work, that's what my sources for that part of the world tell me.
But that do not make me clap my little well washed hands.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #307

We have some of the best and brightest here in Boston, certainly no silver bullets though.

The virus is novel. Until there’s herd immunity it will be a rough ride.

China’s suppressing of the evidence, as well as Trump’s downplaying and lying about the virus early on were not helpful to the global community.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:57 PM   #308
Quarry Creeper

See the link. A Google search of "hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19" works as well giving lots of links.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...-trial-results

Note that at the end it explains that the drug has been used in treating the Wuhan virus in South Korea and China.

Meanwhile local press beats on President Trump and says that it has not been approved by the FDA for Covid-19. It would be more than remarkable if it was approved for a novel virus given the glacial pace of the FDA. The drug has already been approved by the FDA for malaria, however. If the FDA insists on the usual clinical trials for Covid-19, instead of following the lead of other countries more concerned with stemming a pandemic than conducting lengthy trials of medicines which are widely used for other conditions, a lot of people will get very sick and some will die while bureaucrats cross 't' s and dot 'i' s.

Another link showing age related information.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Last I read Italy's Coronavirus fatalities have an average age way over 70.

~more facts, logic and personal responsibility would make the world a far better place than all the leftist ideas could dream of.

Last edited by bbrigg; 03-22-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #309
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post

China’s suppressing of the evidence, as well as Trump’s downplaying and lying about the virus early on were not helpful to the global community.

What, exactly, did Trump lie about? Please provide an actual, documented quote, not just a claim from the media.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:05 AM   #310

When did trump lie? Good one. If you don’t see the con, you’re the mark.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 7: “No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

So just to reiterate- not helpful. This is not the kind of leadership I expected when I voted for this fool.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 03-23-2020 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Please do not spam posts, all of this should have been one post
Old 03-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #311
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What, exactly, did Trump lie about? Please provide an actual, documented quote, not just a claim from the media.
I'd give lots of honest truthful quotes with credible sources, however, you are asking this question so I will assume none of them will satisfy your inquiry. This is your problem to solve. The world doesn't need to inquire about it anymore and assumes it's all bullshit now. Get with the times and WAKE UP
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:26 AM   #312

Quote:
WHO, as part of the UN, cannot be trusted to tell the whole truth. Don't forget the WHO praised China's handling of the epidemic choosing to ignore the obvious truth that China was covering up and downright lying. The WHO, like the media and the DNC, also criticized the travel bans instituted by the Trump administration. That criticism has not aged well.
Amen! The WHO is a political organization.

Quote:
Politicizing a disease is as funny as it gets. Of course Trump is lying. All Presidents lie. There isn't a single President that hasn't lied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
I'd give lots of honest truthful quotes with credible sources, however, you are asking this question so I will assume none of them will satisfy your inquiry. This is your problem to solve. The world doesn't need to inquire about it anymore and assumes it's all bullshit now. Get with the times and WAKE UP
Were you saying the same when Obama was lying through his teeth and smiling at you?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #313
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So you got nothing. Thanks for verifying that for me.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #314
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
When did trump lie? Good one. If you don’t see the con, you’re the mark.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we have to look forward to. Once all of the dust settles, once the infections and deaths are over, once the hording abates, we will be in a big finger-pointing game.

This, right here, is not politics. Politics is the practice of government, the acceptance and compromise of policy and procedure for the betterment of society. What we have here is a hindrance of politics, where politicians and their constituents would rather bite each other in the ass than set good policy.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we have to look forward to. Once all of the dust settles, once the infections and deaths are over, once the hording abates, we will be in a big finger-pointing game.

This, right here, is not politics. Politics is the practice of government, the acceptance and compromise of policy and procedure for the betterment of society. What we have here is a hindrance of politics, where politicians and their constituents would rather bite each other in the ass than set good policy.
Sadly, it is modern day politics. Team Democrats versus Team Republicans in a team sport. That's what's running our government. And the brain dead citizens fall into the trap of "my team is better!" when, in reality, they both suck.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #316
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Politics is the practice of government, the acceptance and compromise of policy and procedure for the betterment of society. What we have here is a hindrance of politics, where politicians and their constituents would rather bite each other in the ass than set good policy.
Governance is the practice of government. Politics is the game that surrounds it.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:13 AM   #317
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Amen! The WHO is a political organization.

Politicizing a disease is as funny as it gets. Of course Trump is lying. All Presidents lie. There isn't a single President that hasn't lied.

Were you saying the same when Obama was lying through his teeth and smiling at you?
Yep sure was. Don't assume because I despise Trump I supported Obama. That's the biggest ****ing fallacy in America right now. EXPECT BETTER FROM ALL LEADERS.

That was a shit head response btw.

Last edited by odomandr; 03-23-2020 at 08:16 AM.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #318
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sadly, it is modern day politics. Team Democrats versus Team Republicans in a team sport. That's what's running our government. And the brain dead citizens fall into the trap of "my team is better!" when, in reality, they both suck.
This is the correct answer.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #319

Quote:
Yep sure was. Don't assume because I despise Trump I supported Obama. That's the biggest ****ing fallacy in America right now. EXPECT BETTER FROM ALL LEADERS.

That was a shit head response btw.
How is my response a "shit head" response?

It's not crazy to assume Trump haters love Obama. It's common.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:41 AM   #320
Gold Star Baby!

It amazes me that “Obama” still comes out of people’s mouths right now, considering he has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Whataboutism’s are tired and ineffective. Stay on topic.

If we do want to touch on Trump, keep in mind that a month ago him, his administration, and his mouthpiece news outlet were calling this a hoax, downplaying the severity of the virus, and lying to American people just to prop up the stock market long enough for them to cash out before it crashed, while risking the lives of millions of Americans.

“NPR published a recording of the senior Republican warning constituents on Feb. 27 that the virus behind Covid-19 was dangerous and would bring serious economic disruption. But it wasn’t a public speech—it was delivered to members of a society who pay dues starting at $500 to gain entry, some of whom were donors to his campaign. At the time, US president Donald Trump was still saying the government had the virus under control, and Burr wasn’t publicly contradicting him.”
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote