Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #381
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
How about something different... I am thinking "Captain Trips"...
This is more like reverse Captain Trips considering the survival rate is in the extreme high 90's.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 07:58 AM   #382
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Seems like we haven't had a new name for this virus in a while...

There was:
The coronavirus
The Novel coronavirus
Covid-19
and ... C-19

If this doesn't make any sense, there are a couple of things going on here...
1. You are not well read
2. Its late, and you're tired
3. The Sailor Jerry's bottle on my kitchen counter has misplaced three shots...
An appropriate name would be either of 'china virus' or 'CCP virus'
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #383
RCC Addict

Quote:

I like this. Been a while since I read The Stand. As soon as I saw Captain Trips, it brought me back. I'm going to start calling this virus Captain Trips, although I'm pretty confident that it won't wipe out 99.4% of the human population.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:30 AM   #384
Rock Crawler

Watching the graph over cases in the US, i am sorry to say but it seem like NASA are running the show, and they are trying a new kind of launch procedure where the rocket almost don't go downrange.

I worry for my American internet buddies.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #385
I wanna be Dave

I've read the Stand about 20 times..I've worn out 3 paperbacks over the years. Such a great book!

Day whatever of the lockdown. We've devolved as a family. Kids sleeping until noon. Sweatpants are the new normal. Puzzles or board games are the days hardest decision. Truck keys have started collecting dust. Coffee, meat and beer supplies holding out well. Many RC projects to work on, though keeping the kids busy and wife happy takes priority.

Glad to hear the President talking about getting us back to normal, or at least setting a goal in that direction. That was most welcome news. People need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and a plan in place....whatever it turns out to be. We've been basically locked in now for nearly 2 weeks. Going much longer is not going to be good.

Just my 2c.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #386
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
IPeople need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and a plan in place....whatever it turns out to be. We've been basically locked in now for nearly 2 weeks. Going much longer is not going to be good.

Just my 2c.

Like a shrink said, population control! Me what i thought after he said that,and i was surprised that i heard that from him.
A test in/of humanity!
Anxiety.
Adults being told what to do.
Who's good, who's bad???
Who will follow the rules who won't.
Some (A LOT) "collateral damage" and that's a whole lotta damage!

That's my 2 sense(lol).
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #387
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Glad to hear the President talking about getting us back to normal, or at least setting a goal in that direction. That was most welcome news. People need to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and a plan in place....whatever it turns out to be. We've been basically locked in now for nearly 2 weeks. Going much longer is not going to be good.

Just my 2c.
Nope, he’s a money hungry monster who only cares about money, not people. That’s what the smart folks in the media tell me.

How dare he give a sense of hope & an “end” date to look to...I’m with you, it’s been great hearing him be so hopeful in the midst of this. Leaving the medical jargon to the experts standing next to him, while he cheers on this country & her people.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:27 PM   #388
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
An appropriate name would be either of 'china virus' or 'CCP virus'
How about China Syndrome!
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:13 AM   #389
Rock Crawler

I hear temporary morgues are being set up in side streets to NYC hospitals by the national guard.
The capitol of Finland will soon be barricaded as it like NYC have a large stake in the number of infected / dead people, so no one out - no one in.

I have Snake Plissken on speed dial.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:26 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
How about China Syndrome!
Kung-Flu is still my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
I hear temporary morgues are being set up in side streets to NYC hospitals by the national guard.
The capitol of Finland will soon be barricaded as it like NYC have a large stake in the number of infected / dead people, so no one out - no one in.

Living on top of each other is bad. Maybe NYC will see this now. Will anything change? Nope. After life is back to normal and we are passed this disease people will quickly forget and resume normal behavior.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #391
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Living on top of each other is bad.
I would never live in a city, and this just helps bolster that feeling.

Also, my circle of friends are all calling it Kung Flu as well.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #392
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Kung-Flu is still my favorite!

Living on top of each other is bad. Maybe NYC will see this now. Will anything change? Nope. After life is back to normal and we are passed this disease people will quickly forget and resume normal behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I would never live in a city, and this just helps bolster that feeling.

Also, my circle of friends are all calling it Kung Flu as well.
IDK... Maybe I am looking at this all wrong. But, it seems like a city like NY is ripe for the spread of a bug like this, and it seems like they should have been better prepared.

Anyhoo…

They have officially closed the state of Idaho, which is a good indicator that the sh!t has hit the fan. People are freaking out up here because, for some reason, they thought we were immune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post

From what I could find, the C-19 death toll in NYC is around 200, so I don't see why they would have temporary morgues set up for any other reason than for shock value, and to play up their plight. Honestly, with everything locked down, this is likely less deaths they see doing normal operations from routine crime and ODs. Sounds like they are actually in the "win" column on this one.

Last edited by Greatscott; 03-26-2020 at 07:25 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #393

In NYC, people are still dying from natural causes, and morgues are near capacity. They’re planning ahead for the inevitable.

The death toll there is closer to 400 and rising. Your suggesting that they’re trying to overplay their plight is a pretty callous thing to say when people are dying.

And coastal regions are more densely populated for a lot of reasons, but primarily because that’s where the best economic and educational opportunities are located. And when we have a better educated population, everyone benefits, even ignorant hayseeds in the heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:22 AM   #394

Speaking of education...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...uine-phosphate

Old 03-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #395
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
Speaking of education...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...uine-phosphate

I would blame their doctor on this one if this drug did indeed kill this man. They're trying to blame President Trump for this, and the president is just reiterating what Doctors close to him said that this drug could possibly treat the Coronavirus. I don't think I would be a guinea pig for any possible drug that wasn't tested thoroughly ahead of time

Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #396
Quarry Creeper

My biggest issue with all this, is those people in nyc fleeing the city and coming here where i live. I live in the berkshires of Massachusetts, there are maybe 1000 people in my town. There are alot of seasonal cottages on all the little ponds that people rent in the summer. Now they are full of people from NYC, Boston and other larger cities, and they brought the virus here with them. Even got one of our ambulance workers sick. One entire family came up here who all had been confirmed with it. And these people dont just stay in thier newly rented cottages, i see more out of state plates everywhere. Now, not saying they are all bad, if you know you aren't infected or contagious, then by all means, flee the cities. But being knowingly infected and then acting like its a vacation driving around everywhere you can, thats just f'ing stupid. If everyone stayed where they were told to, there would be no sign of the virus here, and many other places, but you know, some people are just to "smart" to follow directions from the experts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #397
Quarry Creeper

I'll never understand people leaving to the country-side for such a situation ... if you're infected, you're just flying away of medical care.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #398
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
In NYC, people are still dying from natural causes, and morgues are near capacity. They’re planning ahead for the inevitable.

The death toll there is closer to 400 and rising. Your suggesting that they’re trying to overplay their plight is a pretty callous thing to say when people are dying.

And coastal regions are more densely populated for a lot of reasons, but primarily because that’s where the best economic and educational opportunities are located. And when we have a better educated population, everyone benefits, even ignorant hayseeds in the heartland.

Having lived in that area a couple times (as well as other coastal cities on the west coast), "callous" does not even begin to capture my attitude towards that area and the "people" that live there.

"Better educated"... You mean all of those "smart" people who borrowed $200k for a degree that lands a $30k/yr job?

And, without those "ignorant hayseeds in the heartland", you "better educated" people stop eating. I be you have some pretty good whimsical pronouns for those ignorant truck drivers that supply those "better educated" cities with food and other necessities as well...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:29 AM   #399

As long as we’re making broad generalizations.... you keep eating your fried mayonnaise balls at the state fair, and we’ll keep producing doctors and scientists that can develop medications to ensure that you’re healthy enough to deliver us our necessities.

and if you get covid-19, please don’t take your fish’s medicine.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #400
RCC Addict

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida , and I just found out yesterday that people are flying in from NYC and New Jersey to get away from there. WTF! Great! Thanks for bringing the virus here. To make matters worse, there's a cruise ship out in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere with 42 people on board that are infected and they want to dock in Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Double WTF! Hell no! I'M PISSED!
If these dumb ass people from up North would just stay in their house and ride it out for a couple of weeks like we and everybody else are doing, it would alleviate the problem. IDIOTS! Did I mention that I'm pissed?!