Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #401
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
As long as we’re making broad generalizations.... you keep eating your fried mayonnaise balls at the state fair, and we’ll keep producing doctors and scientists that can develop medications to ensure that you’re healthy enough to deliver us our necessities.

and if you get covid-19, please don’t take your fish’s medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"broad generalizations...."
Seems like this is your wheelhouse...

Why do you think I am from the Midwest?

You seem to also think I am not educated, and that I work in the farming industry. I have two degrees and working on my third; and I work in R&D.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #402
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
"broad generalizations...."
Seems like this is your wheelhouse...

Why do you think I am from the Midwest?

You seem to also think I am not educated, and that I work in the farming industry. I have two degrees and working on my third; and I work in R&D.
Guarantee jackasses like this don't have the balls to speak to people face to face like this.

Regular keyboard gangster here. I love the east and west coast elitism, it knows no bounds.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #403
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida , and I just found out yesterday that people are flying in from NYC and New Jersey to get away from there.
To be fair, people have been fleeing NY/NJ for FL for like the past 60 years.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #404

Try to refrain from name calling guys. Remember, we're on a forum about tiny trucks which are supposed to be FUN. It's easy to get worked up about politics, but take a deep breath and step back before responding.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #405
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post

Mods, does this really need to be on here, may not be to all but it is offensive to me! Just saying?
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-26-2020 at 12:08 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Guarantee jackasses like this don't have the balls to speak to people face to face like this.

Regular keyboard gangster here. I love the east and west coast elitism, it knows no bounds.

Whatever makes you feel better pal. I’m actually a blue collar guy- spent the last almost 20 years as a tree climber/arborist, wife’s an epidemiologist.

And I wouldn’t say anything here that I wouldn’t also tell you to your face. Only reason I have time for this nonsense now is because I’m home taking care of family.

spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Mods, does this really need to be on here, may not be to all but it is offensive to me! Just saying?
Ernie
That's not how this site rolls. "Offensive" stuff isn't removed just because one person deems it so. If you don't like it I'd suggest not looking at it and definitely not quoting it! This is Chit Chat where, historically, almost anything goes. If you stick around in this section you're almost guaranteed to see more "offensive" stuff. That's not my rule. That's the way it's always been.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #408
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Try to refrain from name calling guys. Remember, we're on a forum about tiny trucks which are supposed to be FUN. It's easy to get worked up about politics, but take a deep breath and step back before responding.
Thank you Tim!!!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:37 PM   #409
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's not how this site rolls. "Offensive" stuff isn't removed just because one person deems it so. If you don't like it I'd suggest not looking at it and definitely not quoting it! This is Chit Chat where, historically, almost anything goes. If you stick around in this section you're almost guaranteed to see more "offensive" stuff. That's not my rule. That's the way it's always been.
Thanks for the response Tim< I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not just one person who it bothers, but maybe just one who it bothers enough to speak up. Just because that is the way we've always done business doesn't mean that we can't adjust our thinking a little bit. Do you think that just maybe there are just a few kids that look at this site (especially now with all the schools closed) and what message it is sending to them about what we think is ok? I've been around since 2010 and I know how this thread can get carried away! Still doesn't make it right.
Thanks for listening and once again just my 2 cents worth.
Ernie
Old 03-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #410
RCC Addict

Quote:
My bad. I will calm down the next time before I post something

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #411
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ernie
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #412

Quote:
Thanks for the response Tim< I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not just one person who it bothers, but maybe just one who it bothers enough to speak up. Just because that is the way we've always done business doesn't mean that we can't adjust our thinking a little bit. Do you think that just maybe there are just a few kids that look at this site (especially now with all the schools closed) and what message it is sending to them about what we think is ok? I've been around since 2010 and I know how this thread can get carried away! Still doesn't make it right.
Thanks for listening and once again just my 2 cents worth.
Ernie
It's just somebody washing their hands at a sink!

I, for one, hope this site never moves farther towards political correctness. The site was cleaned up years ago when Google Adsense or something like that was activated and I think it's as PG-13 as it needs to be. It's not my site and there are tons of other mods though. My opinion doesn't rule here. I'm just helping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
My bad. I will calm down the next time before I post something
Thanks!

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-26-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #413
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
How about China Syndrome!
When corona virus had started in china, The Italian government wanted to close their borders completely way before things got out of their hand. But 1 white knight warrior lacking china syndrome opposed this. 1 chinese stood on an italian road with a sign saying 'I am corona negative, why am I distanced?' The white knight warrior went and hugged this chinese man and started a storm called 'hug china'.
There are around 1 lac chinese working in Italy and in January they go back to china to celebrate new years. When these chinese returned, the Italian liberals gladly hugged and kissed these chinese people on their arrival at the airport, thanks to the 'hug china' storm which was started by that one italian white knight liberal warrior. Well from what followed it has taken that country down a self destruction road.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:49 AM   #414
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I expected so little and on a daily basis you seem to be living up to it. I would think that someone who is trying to “ help out “ the site would recognize certain issues. Funny how you just roll with it cause “historically” that’s what it has been but soon as you get called out on an issue you change your opinion on the matter.
This is one of the main reasons I am done with the shit show that goes on here and have stopped posting up. I know I am going to get bashed for my thoughts but could careless

carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #415
Gold Star Baby!

If there’s a post that’s making anyone uncomfortable please report it and we’ll discuss as a mod group on how to handle it as needed. That doesn’t mean we’re guaranteed to act on it, but it will be considered. This would be more productive than putting it up for debate in a chit chat thread as A) the debate is inconsequential and B) no one around here will ever agree on anything except that tiny trucks are cool.

These times suck for a lot of us right now and the country as a whole is hurting, let’s keep that in mind and remember that it’s a community here and an escape from the day to day shenanigans and trials and tribulations of life. We’re all just user names on a computer screen around here so don’t let anything ruin your day in real life.

Charge a pack, smash some triggers, and smile at these toys we make.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:21 AM   #416

Thanks for the good advice man. It’s funny to actually read that yes, this is a site for people who share a love of tiny trucks. Puts things in perspective

spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #417
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
I expected so little and on a daily basis you seem to be living up to it. I would think that someone who is trying to “ help out “ the site would recognize certain issues. Funny how you just roll with it cause “historically” that’s what it has been but soon as you get called out on an issue you change your opinion on the matter.
This is one of the main reasons I am done with the shit show that goes on here and have stopped posting up. I know I am going to get bashed for my thoughts but could careless

Hey Mark, just because a small few think post like that are ok doesn't mean that it should be a norm for all. As I see it we have followers and leaders on here and it is very easy to pick out who is a leader!!! And who are the followers. This is a great site and I would hate to see just a few followers chase you away from sharing some of the cool stuff you do with you're trucks with the rest of us! Just my 2 cents bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
If there’s a post that’s making anyone uncomfortable please report it and we’ll discuss as a mod group on how to handle it as needed. That doesn’t mean we’re guaranteed to act on it, but it will be considered. This would be more productive than putting it up for debate in a chit chat thread as A) the debate is inconsequential and B) no one around here will ever agree on anything except that tiny trucks are cool.

These times suck for a lot of us right now and the country as a whole is hurting, let’s keep that in mind and remember that it’s a community here and an escape from the day to day shenanigans and trials and tribulations of life. We’re all just user names on a computer screen around here so don’t let anything ruin your day in real life.

Charge a pack, smash some triggers, and smile at these toys we make.
Very nicely said young man, if I would have receive that direction after my first post I would have gone that route!
It seems very hard as a group to step out of our boxes. As you guys have seen from some of my builds and post, is not hard for me. So, just because that is the way we have "rolled" in the past doesn't mean we have to continue rolling that way in the future! I'm not pointing any fingers, just stating my opinion.
All of you mods are really helping keep this site afloat and we applaud all of you! Keep up the great work.
And "roll on tiny trucks, roll on"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
Thanks for the good advice man. It’s funny to actually read that yes, this is a site for people who share a love of tiny trucks. Puts things in perspective

Yes it was great advice!
Ernie
Old 03-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
What are you even talking about? I mentioned the history on this site and I said I stuck behind it. I didn't change my tune.

Do you really think we should delete a photo just because one or two people are offended by it? Shouldn't the masses rule? This is a forum and the Chit Chat section no less. You have to come here, voluntarily, and view it. Also, overlooking something versus being offended is a CHOICE.

If you're done, then why are you still posting?
Old 03-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #419
Rock Stacker

If it offends you don’t keep coming back. No reason to change something cause it makes one or a few not the majority’s butt hurt. It’s chit chat buck up ❄️
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #420

I reached out to 1BadJeepBruiser and he agrees that the image should stay. Carry on now.