Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

All do respect Panther6834, but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with regard to your most recent follow up. There were some broad leaps and assumptions you made earlier in this thread when others within this discussion cited their own views on the current state of affairs surrounding the Coronavirus. Because these views didn't happen to coincide with your own, you immediately lashed out at what you believe to be other's political affiliations / ideologies.

"You sound like Trump, or a Trump-supporter. Quit believing what that ignorant piece of crap is shoveling, and use your own brain."

I am all for open discussion, debate and even some back n forth zingers, but when you go down the path of shutting someone down solely because of WHAT YOU ASSUME are their political beliefs, or for who you ASSUME they support as POTUS, you've lost ALL credibility in my book.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Apparently China quarantined a province and Italy has shut down their country because of... election year in America.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:20 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Apparently China quarantined a province and Italy has shut down their country because of... election year in America.
Not saying it doesn't exist, but the mass hysteria is a bit ridiculous for something that only old people with pre existing conditions have to worry about.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
All do respect Panther6834, but I think you're being a bit disingenuous with regard to your most recent follow up. There were some broad leaps and assumptions you made earlier in this thread when others within this discussion cited their own views on the current state of affairs surrounding the Coronavirus. Because these views didn't happen to coincide with your own, you immediately lashed out at what you believe to be other's political affiliations / ideologies.

"You sound like Trump, or a Trump-supporter. Quit believing what that ignorant piece of crap is shoveling, and use your own brain."

I am all for open discussion, debate and even some back n forth zingers, but when you go down the path of shutting someone down solely because of WHAT YOU ASSUME are their political beliefs, or for who you ASSUME they support as POTUS, you've lost ALL credibility in my book.
My thoughts exactly. Well said.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj View Post
According to a paper published on the NEJM website, the size ranges from .060 microns (with no spikes) to .140 microns.

Here is the link to the article: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001017

Construction grade N95 respirators are tested with particles that are .300 microns in diameter.
Thank you.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Good one. Sometimes I feel American media does not show the truth to its people.
Infected people in china were purposely killed to stop and contain the spread.

People don't realize how terrible the situation in wuhan or any other place with high number of infected is. This virus spreads exponentially and we don't have a cure yet.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #47

I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but it is crazy that the US media is literally fabricating a panic and killing the economy here when everything was going so well...and it's just before the election. It does make me go "hmm".

Causing a panic is illegal, but the media gets away with it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I am a Trump supporter.

So what?

What the media is doing right now is inexcusable!

They are openly advocating for the public to panic and hoping for people to die and economic harm to befoul our Nation.

Sickening!

How many of these pandemics have we seen the last 20 years?

The flu is far more dangerous and has killed far more every year.

Where is the “media’s” concern over this? Oh that’s right, it’s not something those partisan hacks can use to bludgeon the President with.

Turn that shhhhhh... off.

Use common sense. Wash your hands regularly. Avoid large crowds. Avoid physical contact with other. Make a conscious effort to not touch your eyes or nose.

But don’t panic. Don’t run out and buy a 1000 rolls of TP or 60 gallons of hand sanitizer. That’s idiocy.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:33 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I am a Trump supporter.

So what?

What the media is doing right now is inexcusable!

They are openly advocating for the public to panic and hoping for people to die and economic harm to befoul our Nation.

Sickening!

How many of these pandemics have we seen the last 20 years?

The flu is far more dangerous and has killed far more every year.

Where is the “media’s” concern over this? Oh that’s right, it’s not something those partisan hacks can use to bludgeon the President with.

Turn that shhhhhh... off.

Use common sense. Wash your hands regularly. Avoid large crowds. Avoid physical contact with other. Make a conscious effort to not touch your eyes or nose.

But don’t panic. Don’t run out and buy a 1000 rolls of TP or 60 gallons of hand sanitizer. That’s idiocy.
OMG you like a President that gave us an awesome economy? You, sir, are a bad man! Complete sarcasm on that last sentence. People that blindly hate Trump and won't give him credit for the great economy are too dense for their own good.

See the image I posted on the last page to see all of the "pandemics" we survived.

I don't get the TP thing. It can cause the shits, but it's more likely to cause a runny nose, right? Are people wiping their noses with ass paper?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I don’t get the TP, hand sanitizer, or mask thing?

I guess that’s what the media told them they needed?

Again, common sense.

Instead of TP, buy ammo.

That way you can get all the TP you’ll need after the apocalypse hits.🤣
Old 03-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Agree 100% buy more ammo. The media is trying to freak everyone out. Some have even said they would love to see the economy tank cause they know that’s the only chance to beat Trump. They would love to see total hysteria and our country tank if that’s what it takes to beat Trump. Just listen to the demorats presidential candidates only thing they are campaigning on is that they have a better chance to beat Trump. This virus will pass soon just like all the others. No fear hear!!!
MAGA
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Agree 100% buy more ammo. The media is trying to freak everyone out. Some have even said they would love to see the economy tank cause they know that’s the only chance to beat Trump. They would love to see total hysteria and our country tank if that’s what it takes to beat Trump. Just listen to the demorats presidential candidates only thing they are campaigning on is that they have a better chance to beat Trump. This virus will pass soon just like all the others. No fear hear!!!
MAGA
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the media is complicit in inciting panic as a means to an end to smear a DULY elected President. Hell, you've got Bill Maher on record saying he hopes the economy will collapse, because it will be the only way to out Trump. When asked about all the people that would lose their jobs, their houses, their ability to provide for the families, he replied in typical elitist fashion that "it would be worth it".

I think most of us know which party the alphabet soup networks "carry water for", it's been like that for a long time. But it has become so obscenely blatant in this past 3 years that it would be laughable were it not so pathetic. We no longer get news reported, we get editorialized, agendized, spoon-fed snippets of reality designed and intended to sway the weak minded and thus public opinion.

I really hate the fact that this thread went in to the realm of the political. This should be a place for all of us to share our common interests, de-stress and simply enjoy tiny trucks. The fact that it did go political sucks, but like anyone, I'd be remiss to not speak my mind.

We're literally seeing a whole generation brainwashed en mass, and at a certain point enough is enough. We need look no further than our K-12 Public School Systems (paid for with tax dollars) as well as our supposed "Higher Learning" institutions - Colleges, Universities. They've become little more than indoctrination camps where the only right answer to issues like "Climate Change" are the ones they provide. The whole idea of higher education is supposed to be about exposing the student body to different schools of thought, broader ideas, and general expanding of the mind. Now days, people like Condoleza Rice, an African American female, a concert level pianist, fluent in like 5 languages, the first African American female Secretary of State, are turned away from speaking at Universities because the student body is "offended" and needs a "safe space" and some crayons to put their feelings on paper. Boy, are these kids going to be in for rude freak'n awakening when party time is over and they've gotta do the 9-5 grind.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Amen
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Then, the same could be said about those who falsely ASSUMED I was following the "media hype", which I, most certainly, was not doing. The information I was presenting (affecting other business sectors, potentially leading to companies going out of business, etc) was based on fact, as well as experience. Additionally, what might have originally been an 'assumption' turns out to have been 109% current...he admitted to being a Trump supporter...thus, said 'assumption' becomes fact. It doesn't matter whether we're talking about some virus, or a terrorist attack.

In either matter, the "repercussions" have the potential to be the same - people become scared, they panic, they stop traveling, and every aspect of 'travel' (airlines, hotels, transportation businesses (such as limo companies), luggage businesses, etc) starts suffering. As I mentioned in an earlier post, due to conferences begging cancelled, my company has already lost a few hundred thousand dollars in business...that's fact, not "media hype" (tho, media hype caused it).

Again, not to politicize this, but, interestingly enough, politics did play a hand in the media frenzy being experienced. As it turns out, the CDC wanted to issue information much earlier than actually took place, so as to help prevent this type of panic. However, the Trump Administration blocked the CDC from releasing said info. That, in all likelihood, led to the media "grabbing" info from foreign (mostly Asian) sources. Once the ball started rolling, it was too late to stop it. Had the Trump Administration not prevented the CDC from releasing the info (not to mention several other things Trump has blocked related to the coronavirus), a number of the US cases might have been preventable...and, even if they couldn't have been, other cases having since occurred could have been prevented. Trump had even gone all day as to prevent the CDC from releasing treating kits to states that oppose Trump. His (faulty) philosophy appears to be, if testing can't be done, then that helps to keep the number of confirmed cases down.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 03-10-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

LOL I mentioned the ammo thing at work the other day. A bunch of them were asking if you went and got water, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. I said no, but I bought a case of ammo though. They asked what for, and I said because if the shit does get real I'm just gonna come take your supplies since you were kind enough to stock up. Tim nailed it, most people that get it won't ever even know. It amazes me at how little it takes to get people to panic these days.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Not saying it doesn't exist, but the mass hysteria is a bit ridiculous for something that only old people with pre existing conditions have to worry about.
100% incorrect this virus will hit those with breathing issues hard and can cause death. My 14yo daughter suffers from bad asthma and a bad flu can put her in the hospital. This virus affects more than just the elderly so lets show some compassion here.
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalemadness View Post
100% incorrect this virus will hit those with breathing issues hard and can cause death. My 14yo daughter suffers from bad asthma and a bad flu can put her in the hospital. This virus affects more than just the elderly so lets show some compassion here.
Exactly. Those who work in the medical industry, such as my wife, after in the "higher risk" group. It can also effect those with 'problematic' immune systems. I know someone who doesn't have a spleen, due to an "altercation with a horse" many years ago, thus his immune system isn't exactly 100%...he could also be considered at-risk.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 03-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I Ieave the house, hold my breath until I return. Then hide under my blanky
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:22 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

So what does my being a Trump supporter have to do with anything I stated?
Old 03-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
OMG you like a President that gave us an awesome economy? You, sir, are a bad man! Complete sarcasm on that last sentence. People that blindly hate Trump and won't give him credit for the great economy are too dense for their own good.

See the image I posted on the last page to see all of the "pandemics" we survived.

I don't get the TP thing. It can cause the shits, but it's more likely to cause a runny nose, right? Are people wiping their noses with ass paper?
First off, I'm not sure what hole you're pulling your information from, but the US economy hasn't actually improved over the past three years. Technically, yes, it has...by a tragic 2.1%...but that's the WORST "improvement" in the past 20 years (anything less than an annual 3% increase is considered "bad"). Our another way, anything less than a 3% 'increase' is, officially, considered a 'decrease', and that's because inflation is increasing at a higher rate than the overall economy. Financially, the US is in WORSE financial condition than it was 3 years ago. This doesn't come from anything some politician (or businessman-turned-politician) said...it comes from hard, provable facts, as reported by several non-government-affiliated reporting agencies.

I didn't want to politicize this, but here's more facts:
1) The economy under Obama increased, on an annual basis, by at least double what it's 'increased' under Trump.
2) In times of emergency, Obama pushed out funding as quickly as possible. Trump, on the other hand, (purposely) holds back finding, especially to those who oppose him.
3) Despite Trump's promise to cut governmental spending, especially presidential spending, Trump had spent more than ANY president in history. In his first 3 years in office, he's spent more than Obama did during his entire 8 years.

Trump is like the anti-Robin Hood...he takes from the poor, and gives to the rich.

Last edited by Panther6834; 03-10-2020 at 09:41 PM.