Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2020, 09:52 PM   #861
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
You basically just described Cali. LA & SF pretty much screw over the rest of this state. I was quite surprised in 2016 when I looked at votes by county...and the state is really quite red.

It's the whole west coast. We have 3 counties around Seattle that are guaranteed blue while the vast majority are red as could be. Same with Oregon, around Portland down to Eugene it's blue but the rest is red. The population centers run the states.

I come to CA defense pretty often in discussions because 99.999999% of the people I met down there were great, normal people that just wanted to live like we do up here. The cities breed rats and stupidity like a machine.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2020, 11:05 AM   #862
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
this panDEMic is nothing more than a DEM Panic.

Covid is the Common Cold Virus.

Does the Common Cold Kill? Yep, if you're already ILL.
What have you been smoking? Maybe you haven't seen what it can do, but some of us have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:25 PM   #863
I wanna be Dave

How many of you have been to the doctor's lately?

I have been twice in the last two weeks, the first one was a procedure I had to get knocked out for, and the other was just to give blood for testing. The first appointment everyone wore a mask, but when the topic was brought up when they were prepping me I got a lot of eye rolls. The nurse that stabbed me in the hand for the IV said that they only wore them when patients were in the prep room. When i was giving blood only half the staff were wearing them, and the phlebotomist that stabbed me was not. That was a little funny too, because just after she got the needle in my arm she said, "SHIT! For got my mask. Do you want me to go get it?" Looking down at the metal sticking in my vein, I said that I was good with her not wearing one. For both appointments I was required to wear one before going into the building.
Greatscott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:36 AM   #864
Rock Crawler

[IMG][/IMG]
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #865
Rock Stacker

Bbrigggggg this was hysterical .

The only person that I rarely agree with, even when wrong, is my wife and that is only for temporary peace while she is emotional. All such arguments are revisited later to get her to admit that she was letting emotions get the better of her.

I bet if she wasn’t intimidated she say you were actually the over emotional one .

The whole country paid a price for nyc .. maybe a few places in California. What’s weird is if you look at nys it’s a little bit like the country ,super dense super dense super sparse . If the country met in the wishy washy and used the same criteria to shut down as they are doing with the reopening I think a lot of the personality disorders wouldn’t have gotten triggered . They basically all crapped those britches at the same time .

The face mask thing is pretty interesting. I know some can live with hiv and never have full blown aids and herpes is only a problem until both you and your partner both have it ..but they are the new condom. I crack up at all the reasons people have for not wanting to wear one . I scratch my head tho at the people who refuse to wear them . Is it really govt control issues ?

I’m sure doctors and nurses and the blood folks were always supposed to wear them . They just stopped at one point and it became a habit . Then someone realized how much money they saved along the line and stopped reminding them they were supposed to have them. Construction and ppe is pretty much the same . What we really should be doing is asking for itemized bills for all past medical exams and demanding the money back for the line item that says ppe. The little paper they spread on the table wasn’t worth the $1,425 charge .

Same with the coffee stations where you make your own but pay the same price . I don’t use sugar . I want that s@$t pro rated .
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:03 AM   #866
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
The face mask thing is pretty interesting. I know some can live with hiv and never have full blown aids and herpes is only a problem until both you and your partner both have it ..but they are the new condom. I crack up at all the reasons people have for not wanting to wear one . I scratch my head tho at the people who refuse to wear them . Is it really govt control issues ?
I’d say it’s a mixed bag. For one, it’s the all over the place guidelines they give, then come out & say something else the next week(which was understandable early on). The whole “mandatory” deal. Had they made recommendations on what to do, I think people in general would’ve been more receptive. Then there’s the picking & choosing which businesses to shut down, while they could’ve just as easily used the same requirements the open ones do. Then, we have mayors & governors breaking their own rules, going to hair & nail salons. And the protests. When it was in MI protesting the shutdown, they were called selfish & terrorists. It was said protesting wasn’t essential. And families were told they couldn’t bury their loved ones, no funerals. Unless it’s deemed worthy by some folks I guess.

Fast forward, they suddenly forgot about that because they(media & Dems) approved of that protest. It’s funny, I saw a picture from San Fran of a park with big circles drawn on the ground-designated sitting areas. Jump ahead a week or so, I see a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge packed shoulder to shoulder with people. Now that the current protests have died down a bit, it’s back to reporting how deadly the beer virus is.

That’s my take on it anyways. The picking & choosing who to get mad at & who not to where doing things is concerned.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:05 AM   #867
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
Bbrigggggg this was hysterical .

The only person that I rarely agree with, even when wrong, is my wife and that is only for temporary peace while she is emotional. All such arguments are revisited later to get her to admit that she was letting emotions get the better of her.

I bet if she wasn’t intimidated she say you were actually the over emotional one .

The whole country paid a price for nyc .. maybe a few places in California. What’s weird is if you look at nys it’s a little bit like the country ,super dense super dense super sparse . If the country met in the wishy washy and used the same criteria to shut down as they are doing with the reopening I think a lot of the personality disorders wouldn’t have gotten triggered . They basically all crapped those britches at the same time .

I’m sure doctors and nurses and the blood folks were always supposed to wear them . They just stopped at one point and it became a habit . Then someone realized how much money they saved along the line and stopped reminding them they were supposed to have them. Construction and ppe is pretty much the same . What we really should be doing is asking for itemized bills for all past medical exams and demanding the money back for the line item that says ppe. The little paper they spread on the table wasn’t worth the $1,425 charge .

Same with the coffee stations where you make your own but pay the same price . I don’t use sugar . I want that s@$t pro rated .
Hysterical? Guess your wife knows who wears the pants in the family then.

Seriously though, when discussing things with women there is always the risk of hysteria, look up the root of the word "hysteria" and it's related to women's parts, just like hysterectomy. The ancients understood that women are wired differently to men and no amount of modern women's liberation and equality psycho-babble can change that. There's not much point using rational explanations and logic when the other party is responding with pure emotion.

If my wife makes a rational argument I am always prepared to admit that I am wrong, something that happens as often as not but when emotions prevent anybody from thinking rationally then the best thing to do is let things cool down for a while.

Incidentally that's the biggest reason that it's so difficult to argue with leftists. They always get emotional and never allow their emotions to be swayed by cold, hard facts. Their ideology sounds sooo nice and sooo fair to the shallow thinkers that, whenever it is pointed out that their way has been tried many times and has ended with disaster every single time in every single place, they just can't deal.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 07:38 AM   #868
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Incidentally that's the biggest reason that it's so difficult to argue with leftists. They always get emotional and never allow their emotions to be swayed by cold, hard facts. Their ideology sounds sooo nice and sooo fair to the shallow thinkers that, whenever it is pointed out that their way has been tried many times and has ended with disaster every single time in every single place, they just can't deal.
haha, I couldn't agree more. I have some left-ish ideas myself, but nothing to that extent. Many of them are unbelievably naive.
Same goes for very religious people. They don't need logic at all.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #869
Rock Stacker

Bb it sounds like you are softening a bit . Are you admitting you can be wrong ? Nice to see !

I let a lot of people wear the pants from time to time . I love talent and and giving up control to get the best results always leads to better outcomes .

I do agree with cold hard facts tho . Look at the poor Texas politicians trying to walk the line with masks .

The labeling and compartmentalizing of every aspect of life is dangerous imo . Just fattens up the carrots for the donkeys to follow .
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #870
Rock Crawler

It's almost funny. I was reading about how successful Hong Kong has been in handling covid-19. Mostly because citizens have taken personal responsibilities, like social distancing, masks, staying at home, and shops closing voluntarily.

Why? China told them the virus was a little bit dangerous, and Hong Kongers concluded: 'The Communist Party is always hiding something, don't believe them - this must be EXTREMELY dangerous.'
So they tackled the problem quickly.

In the western world it's quite different.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:53 PM   #871
I wanna be Dave

OK, help me out here...

I don't understand the resistance to the masks, someone please explain this to me as if I were a 4y/o child.

The county I live in up here in North 'ho has mandated masks in all public places/establishments. Our numbers are have really ballooned in the last couple of weeks and they are seeing a big influx of COVID patients into the local hospitals. So, naturally, they are trying to stem the tide. A lot of people around here are freaking the-F out, as if the LGBTG just took over the county seat, and has ordered everyone to fly a pride flag in front of their house... and on their cars.

The biggy... "It violates my Constitutional Rights!!!!"
I am far from being a constitutional scholar, but between high school and college, it was covered fairly well. I do not remember reading anything close to "don't tread on me, don't mask on me".

Now, I will say that I feel a little goofy wearing one. But, trying to be the coolest kid in the store, I wear the same Snoopy dust mask I wear when I am riding my ATV.

I have seen a number of people post up interviews from early on in this whole deal saying that masks were not recommended. This was purposeful misinformation. At this stage masks were starting to become hard to get, and they didn't want the general public buying up and hording masks that the medical community needed. A lot has changed.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #872
Rock Stacker

https://images.wsj.net/im-213156?width=620&size=1.5

You mean this guy?? Funny how he can enjoy a game and not wear a mask but not us peasants. Not to mention the lack of social distancing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited by Mopar man; 07-25-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #873
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
https://images.wsj.net/im-213156?width=620&size=1.5

You mean this guy?? Funny how he can enjoy a game and not wear a mask but not us peasants. Hypocrisy at its finest.
No, I do not mean 'that guy', not even in the ball park of what I am asking.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:02 PM   #874
Rock Crawler

Everybody needs to just accept that covid-19 doesn't give a damn about constitutional rights. And if it gets you hard, also long term effects, damage on lungs, death, etc., don't give a damn about constitutional rights either.

So, better safe than sorry.

Some people are like 'natural selection, if I die, so be it..'. That's easy to SAY, but less convenient when you or someone in the family choke out in a hospital bed.

I know someone who got seriously ill, but recovered after 4 days in hospital (by recover they mean you're ready to go home, not that you'll feel well in the near future). Needless to say, she did not recommend getting this virus.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:28 AM   #875
Rock Crawler

Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #876
RCC Addict

I got my new shirt to go with the mask mandate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:09 PM   #877
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I got my new shirt to go with the mask mandate

10 years from now you'll find this shirt at the bottom of your closet and wonder what the hell "COVID" was...
Old 07-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #878
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
That's just retarded if you believe that would do anything other than plunge the world economy into a depression.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #879
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
That's just retarded if you believe that would do anything other than plunge the world economy into a depression.
Not like we aren’t already well on the way to one anyway.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #880
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
10 years from now you'll find this shirt at the bottom of your closet and wonder what the hell "COVID" was...

I sure as hell hope in 10 years that’s the case. I don’t think 2020 will be listed in any history books in the future haha

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote