RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Hows your lhs doing? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/617039-hows-your-lhs-doing.html)

Levi 04-07-2020 02:41 PM

Hows your lhs doing?

It's crazy times right now. Lots of local businesses shut down or barely open to some degree or another. My favorite lhs is open with limited people welcome in the store. They also have curb side pickup as a option. The 2nd lhs in town completely shut down and they do not know when they will open back up. The 3rd lhs has curbside pickup only or order online. It would be great for everyone to support your lhs at a time like this. But on the other hand with some of them shutting down it turns us to shop online.

How has your lhs been handling the crisis right now? They open as usual, curbside pickup only. Shut the doors till further notice, etc?

rkj__ 04-07-2020 03:02 PM

Re: Hows your lhs doing?

My LHS is shut down per government orders. I see from facebook, the owner is delivering new vehicles to customers upon request.

HumboldtEF 04-07-2020 03:04 PM

What LHS? I haven't have one for years.

I'd be ordering parts from RPP but I dont feel right ordering anything right now as that puts mail man at risk. I hear right now its busier than christmas for them which just aint right in these times.

smog 04-07-2020 03:09 PM

Mine appears to be doing really well. They have kerbside pick up when you order by phone or internet. They get heavy support from the RC community so I suspect they’re going to be fine. If I had to guess they are probably doing as well if not better than ever. Staying in=more bench time.

Greatscott 04-07-2020 03:17 PM

I am not sure how, but my LHS is still open and doing well. I haven't been in recently (about two weeks ago), but from what I here they are limiting the customers that are in the store. Hopefully they will emerge on the other side of this thing as strong as ever.

xtreme4x2 04-07-2020 03:31 PM

The lhs here is shut down. Just been ordering what I need off RPP. I haven't bought anything from that hobby shop anyway. He doesn't have too much crawler parts or accessories. Mainly Traxxas and airplane/helo stuff.

mikemcE 04-07-2020 06:15 PM

Mine is doing curbside/ delivery via ups etc.... Slooooow but they will survive. We keep them going , many are waiting head over when back open

Hang up and Drive

Joshs4x4toyz 04-07-2020 08:00 PM

Mine is doing pretty good. Hes actually taken the time to "close" and do remodel hes been planning. Hes still doing curbside pickup if hes got what you want, but no browsing.

GA Dawg 04-07-2020 09:06 PM

Non-essential.

Greatscott 04-07-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Dawg (Post 6011570)
Non-essential.

You shut your filthy mouth!!!!

Fricker08 04-07-2020 11:46 PM

The lhs in my town is small and not focused on the rc side as much as the “hobby” side so they closed. The one 25 min away is more Rc orientated and doing curbside pickup only no browsing. But that could change any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim85IROC 04-08-2020 05:58 AM

Mine closed, but now I think they're doing parking lot pickup or something. I'm not really a big shopper there because his hours are shorter than my normal work day, and even when I have been able to stop in, he almost never has the parts I need, though now that ECX parts aren't available online anymore, I've had to depend on him more, which is a pain because of his aforementioned hours. I'm usually only able to get there once every couple weeks at best.

JatoTheRipper 04-08-2020 06:43 AM

Mine got with the times years ago and they started selling online. They should be doing just fine.

$uicide $hift 04-08-2020 07:05 AM

The LHS near me is heavily into RC with indoor crawler, carpet, and dirt tacks as well as outdoor dirt SC rack, rock racer track, and large outdoor crawler track. I think they will allow you to use the outdoor tracks if you want but I have not directly asked.

Before "non essesntial" businesses were closed they had to stop all indoor racing due to 6 foot rule and only being allowed to have 25 people in shop at that time.

They will take any order via phone / e-mail for anything and you can come to pick it up. They bring it out to you.

Although they are taking a hit financially with all racing shut down they appear to be doing ok with their many loyal customers. I was told that they had a really good year last year so although it is a hit they are able to keep their employees working daily inside with all of the orders they are taking.

BUBBA069 04-08-2020 07:25 AM

Mine is still open. Curbside pickup. Do purchase online, and schedule a pick up.

svt923 04-08-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Dawg (Post 6011570)
Non-essential.

Our local shop started printing protective gear components for local hospitals and health departments, mostly to help with the cause but I'm sure the bonus of now being considered an essential business doesn't hurt.