Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Weird iPhone question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2020, 01:47 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Weird iPhone question

Has anybody ever tried to get 2 iPhones to talk to each other via bluetooth as camera and monitor? Dad brought my 6 mo old neice over to watch for a little while while my Sister and her husband had some sort of thing to deal with last week and discovered that since she is still in a rear facing car seat, he couldn't keep an eye on her with the convex mirror in the overhead console as he brought her home in his new Caravan. What he is wanting to do now for the next time he has her in the van, but nobody else with them, he wants to somehow have his old iPhone (a 5 or 6, I think) to talk with the phone Mom had (it's newer, but I can't remember which it is) then transmit video like facetime, put his phone on the back seat somehow, then watchnit through Mom's while that is on the dash.....somehow. Kinda like the GoPro Hero 2 he had and the wifi app and his old phone, but hopefully less lag.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2020, 03:56 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Weird iPhone question

While I cant answer your tech question, I can offer an alternative idea. Heres what we use. Cheap, simple and effective.
https://www.amazon.com/Backseat-Moni...dDbGljaz10cnVl
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 View Post
While I cant answer your tech question, I can offer an alternative idea. Heres what we use. Cheap, simple and effective.
https://www.amazon.com/Backseat-Moni...dDbGljaz10cnVl
This is what we did when my son was little . Works great!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thanks guys, forwarded that link to Dad!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

My brother used an app for that for his iphoen - have to ask for the name. He left his phone in a dashmount in his van when the kids were still asleep after a drive and he and his wife wanted to go inside but not wake them up (DISCLAIMER: don't worry, we are talking about Germany here, no baby was left in a hot car unattended). So, then he was able to listen and watch them with his wife's phone. Like a baby phone. Maybe you check the app store?
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
My brother used an app for that for his iphoen - have to ask for the name. He left his phone in a dashmount in his van when the kids were still asleep after a drive and he and his wife wanted to go inside but not wake them up (DISCLAIMER: don't worry, we are talking about Germany here, no baby was left in a hot car unattended). So, then he was able to listen and watch them with his wife's phone. Like a baby phone. Maybe you check the app store?

I never even heard of that app to be honest, although that could be what he was talking about yesterday. Then again, my brain was so fried from work last night that the seat mirror like coffeeaddict linked and MaX-D seconded barely registered with me before I read those posts this morning.......and I used to work for Toy's "R" Us and would occasionally stock the baby department

Weird iPhone question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
question for the iPhone users champ198 Chit Chat 6 12-31-2013 08:44 AM
Question about weird LCC Trans behavior du4x4 Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 12-03-2012 03:19 AM
Iphone 4s upgrade question tltman12 Chit Chat 5 10-12-2011 07:18 PM
I have a weird battery question. chris w Electronics 4 01-26-2010 06:37 PM