Notices

Thread: Banggood: buyer beware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Banggood: buyer beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
If you're not in a rush, websites like banggood and wish.com can be fun. Its like a random gift to yourself when it arrives 4 months later and you don't remember ordering anything haha
Haha, good one. I think I'd have more of that attitude if I'd ordered some doodad like a cheap servo to try out. But as this was a build for my better half, my sense of humor about the delay expired sometime around week six (we're now at 3 months + 2 days).
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Got my money back :))

So all is well that ends well. Fortunately I used PayPal to make the purchase which gave me a venue to make a claim for reimbursement.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

So you ordered more then just the body and recieved the other stuff but not the body?
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX View Post
So you ordered more then just the body and recieved the other stuff but not the body?
Nope I had ordered some electronics but got a notice that they were back ordered so canceled that part of the order and got a refund. On the site it showed that the LC 70 body had shipped promptly and tracing it I could see that it was processed in a mail processing center in China but then it never arrived.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a pair of Fatshark goggles at Banggood on 2020.04.27 and received them yesterday (2020.06.05) in perfect order. Really took the slow boat (almost 6 weeks), but you can`t beat the price.
Stollenritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:07 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stollenritter View Post
I ordered a pair of Fatshark goggles at Banggood on 2020.04.27 and received them yesterday (2020.06.05) in perfect order. Really took the slow boat (almost 6 weeks), but you can`t beat the price.
I'm glad a Banggood purchase worked out for you, my experience was way different. Anyways, the matter's resolved as far as I'm concerned. The purpose of the post was to alert others that things can go sideways when dealing with sellers overseas.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Well, I have done the dirty deed... I ordered from Banggood…

I am putting together a custom military truck, and Banggood is the only one that had the parts I want, so we'll see how this goes. The site said the parts are in their US warehouse, and would be shipped today. I did pay with PP, so if the whole mess goes south, I should be able to get my money back.

This is kind of like buying Integy parts. If I can't find the part anywhere else, and I don't feel like making the part, or modifying an existing part I'll buy Integy and hope for the best.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:28 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I ordered a Pan Hard Relocation Mount directly from Bow House RC on July 8, it shipped the 9th, and was in Detroit on July 12th.

On July 17th, I ordered a ROC Hobby 1941 Wyllys Jeep from a Banggood seller. It shipped out the 18th, and gave an expected arrival date of Sept 18th.
Slow Boat from China. Well...
The Wyllys showed up Aug 4th, my birthday. It took 14 days to get to me. It came via Fed Ex, and shipping was free.

The Bow House Rc Pan Hard mount, after I called last week, showed up Wednesday, Aug 19th. USPS Sucks. I ve ordered 2 things from the Good Bang, the Wyllys being the 2nd order, both were so far so good. Like Ebay, much of it depends on the Sellers.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #29
Slow is the new Fast

Last thing I ordered from China took a full three months to get to me here in the middle of Canada. Every time I contacted them they told me 10 more days. It also got to the point of ridiculousness. It did eventually arrive, to my surprise. To me that amount of time seems insane in this modern era of travel, virus or no virus.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Last thing I ordered from China took a full three months to get to me here in the middle of Canada. Every time I contacted them they told me 10 more days. It also got to the point of ridiculousness. It did eventually arrive, to my surprise. To me that amount of time seems insane in this modern era of travel, virus or no virus.
the boat ride is 30 days. max, unless the boat sinks. lol

The rest of that time is all Governmental Cluster****s of Legislation for import/exports.

Government needs to be sure no one is in competition with them for Drugs and Child Trafficking and that is how they do it.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
the boat ride is 30 days. max, unless the boat sinks. lol

The rest of that time is all Governmental Cluster****s of Legislation for import/exports.

Government needs to be sure no one is in competition with them for Drugs and Child Trafficking and that is how they do it.
My wife worked for a company whose product would get shipped to their warehouse here in the states. Quality control in China was iffy, so they'd test the product out before they sent it out. Their normal schedule was to receive a loaded conex box every other week. But, normally one out of four would not arrive because their product had been removed and the conex stuffed with people.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #32
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
My wife worked for a company whose product would get shipped to their warehouse here in the states. Quality control in China was iffy, so they'd test the product out before they sent it out. Their normal schedule was to receive a loaded conex box every other week. But, normally one out of four would not arrive because their product had been removed and the conex stuffed with people.
That is bonkers, hopefully they aren’t jettisoned criminals
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

It's covid-19, took 5 months to receive my 6mm-8mm couplers.
Gula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:02 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Most of my Chinese buys (or HK) average 8 weeks. Orders from Japan average under 21 days. Customs does what they want and when they want.
Once container is in US it has to clear POE. Then tracking disappears or appears, depending on the shipper

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:23 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Wow... Surprisingly fast shipping... I ordered this a eight days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
New project time... Just got the first part to my TRX6-based M8...

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr
Another part I ordered says it won't arrive for another two weeks...
Old 09-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

The detail is amazing. I am even more amazed it arrived in great condition, it was sent in a plastic bag, with not protection at all. Not thrilled about that.

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr
Old 01-23-2023, 10:33 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Thought I would just resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

I am seriously looking at a RadioLink RC8X. From what I have been able to find, it appears Banggood, Aliexpress, and ebay are my main choices.

Aliexpress is identified by RadioLink as their "Global supplier". The "RadioLink Official Store" price on Aliexpress is the highest of any I've seen so I'm looking at other options, such as Banggood.

Having read through this thread, I'm a little apprehensive about dealing with Banggood. However, their price is better by about $50 Canadian. Any new info that might make Banggood a viable vendor now?

And then there is ebay. I've been buying off ebay for about 6-7 years now and have to say I've had very few issues and the few I've had have been resolved quickly and to my satisfaction by the vendor. At the moment I'm leaning towards ebay for this purchase. I should mention I use PayPal for all my purchases and have never had to have them step in to resolve an issue.

After all this, would ebay be my best choice? Or is there another option I'm missing? One thing you should know is, I have found a lot of companies do not ship to Canada so that may eliminate some of the companies you might recommend.

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:09 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Thought I would just resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

I am seriously looking at a RadioLink RC8X. From what I have been able to find, it appears Banggood, Aliexpress, and ebay are my main choices.

Aliexpress is identified by RadioLink as their "Global supplier". The "RadioLink Official Store" price on Aliexpress is the highest of any I've seen so I'm looking at other options, such as Banggood.

Having read through this thread, I'm a little apprehensive about dealing with Banggood. However, their price is better by about $50 Canadian. Any new info that might make Banggood a viable vendor now?

And then there is ebay. I've been buying off ebay for about 6-7 years now and have to say I've had very few issues and the few I've had have been resolved quickly and to my satisfaction by the vendor. At the moment I'm leaning towards ebay for this purchase. I should mention I use PayPal for all my purchases and have never had to have them step in to resolve an issue.

After all this, would ebay be my best choice? Or is there another option I'm missing? One thing you should know is, I have found a lot of companies do not ship to Canada so that may eliminate some of the companies you might recommend.

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.

Amazon? On US Amazon it's in stock will be delivered in 1 day and is $299 USD.

EDIT: Also my Amazon purchased RC8X came with the Lipo. I've heard others not get lipo with their purchase so not sure what's normal.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Cha...4-dc28e6d374b3
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:51 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbernatchez View Post
Amazon? On US Amazon it's in stock will be delivered in 1 day and is $299 USD.

EDIT: Also my Amazon purchased RC8X came with the Lipo. I've heard others not get lipo with their purchase so not sure what's normal.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-Cha...4-dc28e6d374b3
Thanks jamesbernatchez. I looked on Amazon.ca yesterday and there was no stock with the typical "out of stock, don't know if or when it will be back in stock". That's why I didn't mention them as a possible supplier.

The Amazon.com price is pretty close to what I saw on Banggood, Aliexpress and ebay. Unfortunately, there is another US $91 for shipping, taxes and duties to get it to Canada. That would put the cost at about $535 Canadian. As you noted, it does have a battery included. Must be something the vendor adds as I haven't seen anything on the RadioLink site indicating a battery is included.

By the way, did you purchase yours from Amazon.com?
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 07:22 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Thanks jamesbernatchez. I looked on Amazon.ca yesterday and there was no stock with the typical "out of stock, don't know if or when it will be back in stock". That's why I didn't mention them as a possible supplier.

The Amazon.com price is pretty close to what I saw on Banggood, Aliexpress and ebay. Unfortunately, there is another US $91 for shipping, taxes and duties to get it to Canada. That would put the cost at about $535 Canadian. As you noted, it does have a battery included. Must be something the vendor adds as I haven't seen anything on the RadioLink site indicating a battery is included.

By the way, did you purchase yours from Amazon.com?

Mine was purchased from Amazon in the US from Radiolink, but shipped from Amazon.
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote

Banggood: buyer beware - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nightfiref7efi = buyer beware shakemandril Chit Chat 5 08-04-2014 10:14 AM