Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Banggood: buyer beware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Banggood: buyer beware

I've perused BangGood many times but never bought. I've almost pulled the trigger several times on a Bruiser clone.
Any who, my $.02 is, it's a no-brainer if it's on Amazon or Ebay and I'll likely never make a purchase from BG.
I have bought from AliExpress a few times and no issues. None of it RC though.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2023, 09:24 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

eBay has backed me up a couple times, order there often. If you look at the sellers feed back and it’s not 100% look at what kind of negative feed back they’re receiving. Give you an idea if they’re a good seller with buyers wanting stuff for free or blaming seller for shipping damage or if it’s actually the seller making mistakes/selling junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:04 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I've heard from a few guys locally about problems from AliExpress. I've pondered buying from both sites but I like my money where is my pocket and no hassles.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:45 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
I've heard from a few guys locally about problems from AliExpress. I've pondered buying from both sites but I like my money where is my pocket and no hassles.
I've never lost money on aliexpress, but they have pulled some crap.

I had one servo I ordered get shipped to an address in California (I'm in GA) and by the time they agreed to resolve the issue the price had gone up and they wouldn't send me what I had already paid for so I got a refund.

The other time, and the reason I stopped using them, I ordered a micro servo for like $30. Got a message a couple days later talking about I can get faster shipping for just $5 more. I wasn't in a hurry at the time so I declined. Day later I get a message that the price has gone up and I have to pay $5 more of they'll cancel the order. I told them to f off and after a few more days of them trying to extort more money for the order they finally canceled and refunded it.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:47 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Just want to say thanks for the input. Pulled the trigger today and went with my original gut feeling. Ordered off ebay.

I agree with what austin-92 has to say about looking at the seller feedback. The seller doesn't always have to have 100% positive feedback for me. I tend to look at sales numbers relative to % positive feedback. I generally stay away from a vendor with less than 1,000 sales no matter what the feedback % is. I try to look for long term vendors with sales numbers above 10,000 and 98% positive feedback or higher.

I also have some preferred vendors I've had no issues with and that I've used repeatedly. I'll pay a little more for an item from them than from someone new with only a few sales.

The vendor I've purchased the RC8X from is someone I haven't purchased from before and has over 21,000 ebay sales and 98.3% positive feedback. I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I will up-date when I receive the transmitter IF I have any issues with the transmitter or the seller.

Thanks again.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:17 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Just want to say thanks for the input. Pulled the trigger today and went with my original gut feeling. Ordered off ebay.

I agree with what austin-92 has to say about looking at the seller feedback. The seller doesn't always have to have 100% positive feedback for me. I tend to look at sales numbers relative to % positive feedback. I generally stay away from a vendor with less than 1,000 sales no matter what the feedback % is. I try to look for long term vendors with sales numbers above 10,000 and 98% positive feedback or higher.

I also have some preferred vendors I've had no issues with and that I've used repeatedly. I'll pay a little more for an item from them than from someone new with only a few sales.

The vendor I've purchased the RC8X from is someone I haven't purchased from before and has over 21,000 ebay sales and 98.3% positive feedback. I'm pretty comfortable with that.

I will up-date when I receive the transmitter IF I have any issues with the transmitter or the seller.

Thanks again.
So, as promised, an up-date on my purchase of the RadioLink RC8X. Everything went sideways about a week after I did the order on ebay. I couldn't figure out why, after a week or so, my order hadn't shipped. I was just about to contact the seller when I got an email saying he didn't have one to ship to me. I'm like, WTF, how can you list something you don't have? Got a credit back to my PayPal account and started looking again.

No luck finding anything at a price close to what my ebay purchase would have been. Finally lookied at places I really wasn't comfortable dealing with. 27 Feb., I sucked it up, bit the bullet, crossed all my fingers and toes, and ordered from Banggood. Price was excellent at $365 Canadian (about US $265) and included insurance and shipping. I'm not going to say one purchase and I'm a fanboy but, it was an excellent experience for me. Quick delivery (ahead of estimated delivery date), tracking number and then when it got to Canada, a new tracking number for Canada Post.

Just got it yesterday so only been playing with settings and trying to understand a bunch of things about the radio. Probably be a while before I get it hooked up with an RC and gotta say, it really is a thing of beauty.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Banggood: buyer beware - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nightfiref7efi = buyer beware shakemandril Chit Chat 5 08-04-2014 10:14 AM