Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Banggood: buyer beware

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Banggood: buyer beware

So, here's my tale of woe, y'all do with the info what you will. I just can't let this one go buy unannounced.

My wife's family owns a Toyota dealership in her home country and as y'all can imagine she's a huge fan of the brand. I wanted to do something nice for her so on Feb 20 ordered the Killer Body LC70 body from Banggood for her TRX4. The other places I'd checked were all out of stock, so I took the chance and ordered from an outfit I had no previous experience with.

Four weeks later, nothing's arrived, so I contact their customer service via the chat function. It's been shipped they say and indeed I can see that it was processed through a SHANGHAI,CHINA facility. Just wait they say, things are slow cause of Covid.

Another two weeks and still nothing so I contact them again and ask for a refund. Sorry, they say "can't process a refund until 60 days from order have passed".

OK, I wait till 61 days, but this time they inform that the refund policy has been extended to 70 days cause of Covid.

OK, I wait till today, day 72 since the order, and now they tell me to go look for it in the Post Office (for real, stupid me, here I thought it was THEIR job to deliver to my address). Well, I tell them that ain't an option as my wife has TWO medical conditions that place her in the at risk group and I sure as $hit ain't going out and risking bringing infection back home.

I demand a refund (again) and this time they say, "sorry we cannot process a refund till May 15".

Is it just me, or is this starting to form a pattern??? I'm clearly out the 130 bucks and properly chastised for having strayed from the reputable suppliers I normally deal with.

I imagine, plenty of folks have had different experiences, just wanted to share this so others are aware of the risks of dealing with Banggood.

Last edited by JimInMiami; 05-06-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typos
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Banggood: buyer beware

Nothing new first time you ordered from them I take it. Takes a while, never have had something not shipped that was ordered.

If the product in in a US warehouse, comes quick, if not ................. well think this if you've never heard it before. "It's a slow boat from china." so be it, now you have heard it and understand

Last edited by JacktheRipper; 05-06-2020 at 08:12 PM.
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #3

I have to say I've ordered from BangGood a bunch and I've never had a problem The world isn't normal during this pandemic.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:02 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I thought it was normal for packages from banggood to arrive in two months?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:04 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Every order I've made through them takes a bloody long time for shipping.

That's on me though, I always pick the cheapest possible way to deliver a package.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I appreciate all the feedback guys, but what has me worried is the ever-changing time for a refund. First 60 days, then 70 now May 15. It doesn't pass the smell test. Anyways, hope I'm wrong and that I eventually secure a refund or finally receive the body. I'll update this post in a couple of weeks.

On a brighter note, in the meantime I've ordered a Yota Hilux cab from Proline that I hope to pair with a Injora 1/10 cage.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the warning Jim.
Atitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Isn't bangood kinda like ebay where as there are lots of different sellers? So it's more the one seller playing games versus the site itself. I've never used bangood so I'm not sure how it works.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Lets actually look at that elephant in the room...

You are ordering from a company called "Banggood"... The name alone should temper your expectations…

With that, I have order a couple of lower dollar items from them (PP, of course), and was pleasantly surprised when I received what I order. But, it did take a while, and I had forgotten that I had order from them. To set your expectations into the right mindset, think of them as a mail-order Harbor Freight for RC stuffs...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
Isn't bangood kinda like ebay where as there are lots of different sellers? So it's more the one seller playing games versus the site itself. I've never used bangood so I'm not sure how it works.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
It was the site itself that's giving me the runaround. My dealings have been directly with Banggood's own customer service.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
Isn't bangood kinda like ebay where as there are lots of different sellers?
I don't think it is.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:33 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I will say it's not just them. I have two vendors that use Chinese suppliers. I have two POs out that are finally getting filled in the next week. They were both submitted in January. Granted, both my orders had 5 week lead times, but around the time they were supposed to be manufactured, Chinese New Year hit. Then Covid. Chinese supply chains are just finally starting to get their feet under themselves.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:06 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I will say it's not just them. I have two vendors that use Chinese suppliers. I have two POs out that are finally getting filled in the next week. They were both submitted in January. Granted, both my orders had 5 week lead times, but around the time they were supposed to be manufactured, Chinese New Year hit. Then Covid. Chinese supply chains are just finally starting to get their feet under themselves.
I hope it's just a logistical delay and will report back here in a couple of weeks.

It is worth contrasting Banggood's actions with those of Amazon, where I had a recent order delayed by ONE WEEK. Amazon itself sent an email identifying the delay and suggested I enter a cancellation request. In 24 hours it was all done and my $$$ was refunded. THAT is great customer service.

Last edited by JimInMiami; 05-08-2020 at 07:07 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
I hope it's just a logistical delay and will report back here in a couple of weeks.

It is worth contrasting Banggood's actions with those of Amazon, where I had a recent order delayed by ONE WEEK. Amazon itself sent an email identifying the delay and suggested I enter a cancellation request. In 24 hours it was all done and my $$$ was refunded. THAT is great customer service.
One thing Amazon has been doing right is being conservative on their delivery dates. Anything non-essential has been 1-2 weeks projected, but they are fulfilling a lot faster. I've always said, better to say two weeks and deliver in one than the opposite.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:36 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

It’s in shipping still. The cheapest (sometimes only) shipping is normally erratic. Once it’s been “shipped” it goes to a shipper who puts it in a container. It floats around for a bit and gets dropped off in an entry port. There it gets processed and customs inspection (Customs can hold for a couple of weeks, China wasn’t bad) and then the shipper open up container, finds yours and finally mails it. If you really sniff well, you can find the USPS number.... it’s different than the China number...

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:18 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default Banggood: buyer beware

I’ve ordered loads from BG. It has always arrived. More reliable than Ebay and Aliexpress. They do have a dedicated ‘direct shipping’ option to ZA though, for a marginal extra cost.

Out of the probably 40 orders I had one thing that was wrong. I ordered a cheap 27t motor and got a 35t. Not a biggie.

PS. If you ordered from china using budget shipping you are gonna wait loooonnnngggg now. Aliexpress gives you 3months a.t.m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:52 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
I’ve ordered loads from BG. It has always arrived. More reliable than Ebay and Aliexpress. They do have a dedicated ‘direct shipping’ option to ZA though, for a marginal extra cost.

Out of the probably 40 orders I had one thing that was wrong. I ordered a cheap 27t motor and got a 35t. Not a biggie.

PS. If you ordered from china using budget shipping you are gonna wait loooonnnngggg now. Aliexpress gives you 3months a.t.m.

Literally "the slow boat from China".
Old 05-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

As Banggood continues to stall and the body hasn't arrived, I've escalated the issue to PayPal's claims department and am awaiting their resolution, stay tuned.....
Old 05-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

If you're not in a rush, websites like banggood and wish.com can be fun. Its like a random gift to yourself when it arrives 4 months later and you don't remember ordering anything haha
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Well, I’ve got 12 parcels coming out of china. Some has been in transit for 2.5 months. 2 sitting at ZA customs. Seems like its on a boat somewhere instead of been flown. Its the ViRuS causing sipping issues.

HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote

Banggood: buyer beware - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nightfiref7efi = buyer beware shakemandril Chit Chat 5 08-04-2014 10:14 AM