Notices

Thread: Punky Brewster RC Episode - Old School Tamiya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2020, 01:28 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Punky Brewster RC Episode - Old School Tamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
That's the same movie magic that allows one to lose 7 hubcaps from 1 car during a chase, 2 mid 70's smog strangled Pontiacs sound like a Chrysler 440 4 bbl that somehow lost 7 hubcaps and Ford 390 that was chasing it, warmed over cars to fly like trophy trucks then land and keep going, half the big cities in the US looking alot like Toronto, ect.
Because "every" city looks some section of Toronto...lol

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
No...because of the "punching puppies" comment. I've got a great sense of humor (thus, my BttF reference). But, I DON'T take kindly to cruelty to animals, be it real, insinuated, or even joking.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Punching puppies is bad, but wishing a human wasn't alive is better? That type of hypocrisy is laughable. Stop with your nonsense. What he said was obviously a joke. This site isn't Reddit. We're not a left-leaning, overly sensitive and politically correct website, especially in Chit Chat. If you are going to get offended by everything it's best to stay out of Chit Chat.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

My most humble apologies for my "punching puppies" comment, especially to the overly-sensitive liberal SJW mafia.

Given the divinity of all dogs, especially puppies, I used the comment as an illustration of how the tv program of question annoys me; and for no good reason, it just does. In no way, shape, or form do I advocate actually punching puppies. If, my any means, my comment encouraged you to punch a puppy, or if you took my comment with any seriousness, you are a frackin' idiot, please do not breed, vote, or drive...

Oh, and as a side note to this... One of the items on the top of bucket list is to get mauled by savage pack of golden retriever puppies.

Back on topic...

I did see the episode in question, my cousin loved the show, and was forced to watch it (might be why I dislike it so much), but thought the whole RC thing was cool. If memory serves, this particular episode might be what made me pester my parents for a RC car. In stead of a cool Tamiya, I think they bought me that $19.95 Sears RC, you know the one that that is a single speed forward, and to turn you hit the big button on the top, which makes the car turn while reversing. Yup, a long way off from that cool Tamiya that was on the show... I think my other cousin stole that car from me... No wonder why I hate that show so much...

Last edited by Greatscott; 05-12-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:22 AM   #24
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
My most humble apologies for my "punching puppies" comment, especially to the overly-sensitive liberal SJW mafia.

Given the divinity of all dogs, especially puppies, I used the comment as an illustration of how the tv program of question annoys me; and for no good reason, it just does. In no way, shape, or form do I advocate actually punching puppies. If, my any means, my comment encouraged you to punch a puppy, or if you took my comment with any seriousness, you are a frackin' idiot, please do not breed, vote, or drive...

Oh, and as a side note to this... One of the items on the top of bucket list is to get mauled by ravage pack of golden retriever puppies.

You don't have to apologize for another's inability to put comments in context. I love animals (likely more than people) and was not the least bit offended by your post. Your point was clear and presented with humour.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

My oldest clear memory of RC in films is from the Hong Kong movie 'Mad Mission'. Loved it.

Two minutes out in this clip:
https://youtu.be/ANRCuc7R4Ew

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:31 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Remember the 80's TV show The Wizard? Guy used all sorts of RC's and contraptions to stop bad guys, terrorists, etc? In one he used an RC car to sabotage a car. Seems like it may have been an RC10 but not sure. Edit: It's about 22:00 into this episode.

Last edited by TexasSP; 08-27-2020 at 03:33 PM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old school, punky, tamiya, vintage

Punky Brewster RC Episode - Old School Tamiya - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Crawler in Brewster meet up on sundays Brewsterblazer Massachusetts 2 03-13-2019 07:45 PM
Old School Tamiya Sick87XJ 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 08-12-2012 06:50 PM