Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Typical leftist response!! Nothing but name calling and using the race card. Go figure
Dude, this guy has been on the site a year, and only has 12 technical posts. He is a troll, and sadly we are feeding him, so he will return. Just like most leftist, he throws out insults and slurs like hes throwing sh*t on a wall, just to see what sticks.

... and yes spraytruckdolby, I did assume your gender. Triggered yet?

Anyhoo...

Some facts about AOC...

• She cannot do basic math. (Plenty of videos proving this)
• She had no idea how government worked, and no idea what she was elected to do when she was elected. She actually thought she'd be the one signing bills into law. (again, there are videos)
• She purposefully tanked a 27 billion dollar deal with Amazon. Bezos was willing to restructure the deal, but AOC would have none of it, no progress and prosperity for her district.
• She actually thought the 4 billion in tax incentives for the Amazon deal was money in the pocket, and was looking for ways to spend it. (and again, on video)
• Does not understand how taxes work. (you know its bad when the guy interviewing her from MSNBC shakes his head is disbelief.)
• Thinks people who do not want to work should get paid (That is actually in the Green New Steel).
• Does not understand that most of the green technologies in her "New Green Deal" are actually more harmful to the environment than just burning fossil fuels. (do you know how you get rid of solar panels? Hint: They have heavy metals, only the aluminum frame can be separated, there is no way to break them down, and their peak effective life is only 10-12 years. Give up? If you guessed 'landfill', you win... or not)

My left Birkenstock is smarter than this woman. The right one has a hole in it, so we might be 50/50 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
For those that want to defund the cops:
Funny thing here. The lefties seems to have completely derailed one of their key agenda items, getting rid of 2A. You know the sh*t has gotten deep when the liberals are afraid of the left and are buying guns and ammo faster than the rednecks.

Last edited by Greatscott; 07-13-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #182
I wanna be Dave

Default Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

That was a great read until you insulted Birkenstock’s !! Trust me even a small chunk of chewed leftover is still above her.

Sad thoughts for those that really elect the AOCs of the world.....

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 07-13-2020 at 06:24 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #183
Rock Stacker

The next time anyone says the Second Amendment isn’t under attack in this country, point them to that couple in Missouri who had their guns taken by a lunatic DA for defending themselves against people who broke down their front gate. If it can happen to those nobody’s, it can happen to any of us who defend ourselves.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #184
RCC Addict

Unfortunately I live in the Portland metro.. and man am I ready to get away from this madness. 6 straight weeks of riots and protests. Our fantastic governor is shutting stuff down but will continue to let protestors protest because “that’s their right” and it’s Trumps fault that between her and the great mayor they can’t control the situation so the feds step in and have “escalated the situation”
Some people may be protesting peacefully but guess what? You’re Associated by the people you surround yourself with, and if they’re being violent then you’re labeled.. didn’t your parents teach you anything?
I’m just sick of this and COVID being the only thing we talk about anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #185
I wanna be Dave

This is a special kind of stupid right here.... Antifa protesting at Sturgis.

This is at the end of an Antifa protest when the protesters has pissed the crowd off enough that the crowd was starting to take action to their taunts. Those police who Antifa/BLM hate and want to defund were the only thing that saved these retards from getting killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0DX_-23aE

With that, I do think the people attending Sturgis are very reckless, and it should prove interesting to see what happens with the COVID numbers.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #186
Rock Crawler

Remember when bikers were the real anti-fascists...?
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:57 AM   #187
Rock Stacker

No more reckless than the rioters,protesters and looters.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
This is a special kind of stupid right here.... Antifa protesting at Sturgis.

This is at the end of an Antifa protest when the protesters has pissed the crowd off enough that the crowd was starting to take action to their taunts. Those police who Antifa/BLM hate and want to defund were the only thing that saved these retards from getting killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0DX_-23aE

With that, I do think the people attending Sturgis are very reckless, and it should prove interesting to see what happens with the COVID numbers.

Back story is no issues UNTIL the Antifa dummy touched a brother’s ride..... Luckily Sturgis PD saved the asshole

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Remember when bikers were the real anti-fascists...?
This group calling itself "AntiFa", standing for "Anti-Fascism" is an oxymoron. It is about as fascist as they come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
No more reckless than the rioters,protesters and looters.
Instead of "reckless", lets say they lack good judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Back story is no issues UNTIL the Antifa dummy touched a brother’s ride..... Luckily Sturgis PD saved the asshole

Hang up and Drive
Yeah, it was just a lot of yelling up to that point. The dipshit who touched the bike was taken down and arrested.

During all of this, the bikers where making sure the cops always had a bottle of cold water in their hands. Funny how common foes make for unlikely bedfellows.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:24 PM   #190
I wanna be Dave

Default Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
Yeah, it was just a lot of yelling up to that point. The dipshit who touched the bike was taken down and arrested.

During all of this, the bikers where making sure the cops always had a bottle of cold water in their hands. Funny how common foes make for unlikely bedfellows.

Veterans watching each other’s 20 as usual!

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #191
RCC Addict

I have no issue with accountability of civil servants but to actively rally against funding of our police departments is just moronic. Guy is lucky to be alive and owes his life to those officers. Antifa = hypocrites.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:51 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

I have questions... I am a bit confused...

Breonna Taylor...

As I understand her tragic killing...
• Her boyfriend was suspected of drug dealing/trafficking.
• The police had a no-knock warrant for her apartment.
• The police actually knocked, and announced themselves as police at least three times before they entered
• After getting no response they broke down the door.
• Breonna's boyfriend got up, and started shooting at the police
• The police returned fire
• Breonna, who was standing behind and to the side of her boyfriend was fatally struck

Those are the vitals as I have read. The protesters want some sort of justice for her death, and blame the police for returning fire and shooting her. Wouldn't 'justice' be charging her boyfriend for attempted murder and negligent homicide?

It seems like I am missing a vital part of this story. Are the protesters not upset with Breonna's boyfriend because he is black, and the fact that he shot at the police, which cause them to shoot at him moot?

Can anyone shed some additional light on this?
Old 10-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

So here I'm sitting in my "office" garage jamming out to some System of a down at the end of the night. Spent most of the day studying Bio and a pesky fly was present the whole ................. time. So still jamming out, now to Og Metallica i opened a Spaten Oktoberfest beer and this pesky little ................. is trying to have at it. Gave that fly the 1 finger salute when i put my beer in front of a running Emerson og fan and that little shit fly is trying hard. NOPE said the fan and the fly swatter finally got em!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:06 PM   #194
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Breonna Taylor...

• The police actually knocked, and announced themselves as police at least three times before they entered
• Breonna, who was standing behind and to the side of her boyfriend was fatally struck

Those are the vitals as I have read. The protesters want some sort of justice for her death, and blame the police for returning fire and shooting her. Wouldn't 'justice' be charging her boyfriend for attempted murder and negligent homicide?

It seems like I am missing a vital part of this story. Are the protesters not upset with Breonna's boyfriend because he is black, and the fact that he shot at the police, which cause them to shoot at him moot?

I would have to agree with you, as the police did give them both the choice. Get down, what either of could have done. This would lessen the possibility of them being fired upon entry of the police. Or what they did. IMHO

Wasn't there a "rule" on this forum ?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:36 PM   #195
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Breonna Taylor...

Yeah, I’m puzzled by it as well. Something to add, is there’s little questions about her involvement, if any. These “justice” folks like to try to shield her by using her EMT job, like that makes her a good person, no question. It is funny that the calls for justice don’t involve charging the boyfriend...which is the sole reason why Breonna was shot in the first place.

There is dispute from some neighbors that the police didn’t identify themselves as cops. I’m inclined to believe the cops did identify themselves based on the fact that despite having a no knock warrant, they did knock(which the boyfriend confirms).
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:05 AM   #196
Rock Crawler

It was her ex boyfriend they were looking for, but I believe her name was on the warrant. This warrant was executed after midnight..I question why they do that over petty drug stuff. They did knock, and said they announced. From inside they heard a knock, but did not hear an announce, the new boyfriend, who was licensed to carry, fired one shot after the door was breached. He did ask who was there, and the door came in. Nothing was found either.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:03 AM   #197
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
It was her ex boyfriend they were looking for, but I believe her name was on the warrant. This warrant was executed after midnight..I question why they do that over petty drug stuff. They did knock, and said they announced. From inside they heard a knock, but did not hear an announce, the new boyfriend, who was licensed to carry, fired one shot after the door was breached. He did ask who was there, and the door came in. Nothing was found either.
Dunno...
Maybe its just the 25+ years of formal weapons training I have had, but the #1 basic rule of using deadly force is to identify your target, this guy did not do that before he fired.

That argument, of course, can be made for the police as well. But when you are the one fired at, a lot of those rules go out the window.

As far as the timing and no-knocks go, the intent is to catch them in the act, when they are the least likely to be on their guard.

Sadly, from what I have read, Ms. Taylor had a good career, and was fixing some of her mistakes in her personal life. It is tragic that her life was cut short. Even with all of this, I still don't see it being a racial issue, just a bad situation.

JMHO.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #198
Rock Stacker

This is a tiny town of 50 000 people.
Not a single death from crimes this year. Statistically we have 2 deaths every 100 000 citizens so I guess someone is going to die this year.
Some organized crime gang stole bicycles in the summer, like dozens of them.
That's it.
I'm not even sure if we have a police station, everything is online now.
I think I've seen a police car this summer, or was it in winter.

No riots or looting or whatever, I'm not even sure we even know the right etiquette to do that kind of stuff.
It does sound fun, could someone give some good tips how to do it?
Egsise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:57 PM   #199
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Dunno...
Maybe its just the 25+ years of formal weapons training I have had, but the #1 basic rule of using deadly force is to identify your target, this guy did not do that before he fired.

That argument, of course, can be made for the police as well. But when you are the one fired at, a lot of those rules go out the window.

As far as the timing and no-knocks go, the intent is to catch them in the act, when they are the least likely to be on their guard.

Sadly, from what I have read, Ms. Taylor had a good career, and was fixing some of her mistakes in her personal life. It is tragic that her life was cut short. Even with all of this, I still don't see it being a racial issue, just a bad situation.

JMHO.
I agree about the racial thing, has nothing at all to do with. It's tragic though.

As for these warrants, the cost of them, is not worth the risk to the police, or the subjects, we are talking minor amounts of drugs. Tired of the drug war, its cost in $$ and lives, and yet produces nothing, no ground ever gained since day 1. They don't need to kick in a door at 1am in hopes to find an 8 ball of coke. It will be there in the morning..or as in this case, was never there.

Cheers
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #200
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Breonna Taylor...

• Her boyfriend was suspected of drug dealing/trafficking. < - True, he had a warrant out for trafficking in Georgia and Georgia was seeking extradition. Her apartment was identified because her ex boyfriend (who was the subject of the warrant) had picked up a UPS package, which to me just shows that she had really shitty taste in boyfriends
• The police had a no-knock warrant for her apartment. < - True
• The police actually knocked, and announced themselves as police at least three times before they entered < - Debated - The officers claim that they announced themselves, but of the 11 witnesses (neighbors) interviewed, none of them stated that they heard the police announce themselves. One witness turned many months later, and after three interviews and said that they did hear them announce themselves, however, the boyfriend called the police while the officers reloaded, indicating that he wasn't aware. Additionally, at least one other neighbor also called the police to report a break-in. The point of a no-knock was originally to prevent drug dealers from flushing drugs down the toilet or otherwise disposing of them, so it makes sense that they would not go out of their way to announce themselves any more than they have to
• After getting no response they broke down the door. < - True, BUT Kenneth Walker said that he believed it was Breonna's ex-boyfriend and that he was hoping he would go away
• Breonna's boyfriend got up, and started shooting at the police < - Correct, but keep in mind that this was after the policy started to bust down their door., and him thinking it was the ex boyfriend. It didn't go from knocking to shooting.
• The police returned fire < - Correct, but also keep in mind that 62 shots were fired (some of them landing in other apartments. More on that later ...
•Breonna, who was standing behind and to the side of her boyfriend was fatally struck < - Correct, my understanding was she ran into the room when she heard the commotion.

Those are the vitals as I have read. The protesters want some sort of justice for her death, and blame the police for returning fire and shooting her. Wouldn't 'justice' be charging her boyfriend for attempted murder and negligent homicide? < - They charged him initially and dropped the charges soon after.

I appreciate that you took the time think through the case and to put together a conclusion. I added some comments above in red with my understanding. My take is that the LMPD did not announce themselves, or in the very least did so a in a way that was indescernable in the chaos. Kenneth Walker shot because he thought it was a home invasion, and I think this point is firmly backed up by his call to the police while the officers were reloading.

I think the officers showed a complete disregard for human life in the way that they blindly fired into the the apartment without being able to identify their target. They had no confirmation of who was in the apartment, and did so with no caution or pause for concern. They created, and escalated a situation and then fired 62 shots in a densely population multi-family apartment complex. To me, risking the life of not only Breonna Taylor but also the other people in the apartment complex was completely irresponsible and unreasonable. Keep in mind that Kenneth walker ultimately surrendered peacefully once he understood that it was the police, not the ex-boyfriend and that in the state of KY he had a right to defend himself if he felt that he was in danger. No drugs or evidence were ever found in the apartment, so this was a completely senseless death.

I've seen video of another no-knock raid that the same officers took part in and it's absolutely terrifying (see links below), I honestly don't know how I would react to this at 1 in the morning other than just shitting myself. We'll never know what actually happened that night, because despite having body camera's they opted to not wear them. Something that would have either corroborated or invalidated their story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...2018-raid.html

https://youtu.be/XGM61RFuGwo

Also I think it's important to recognize that the LMPD has been obstinent since the beginning of this and that the KY Attorney General has not exactly inspired confidence. When people say they don't have faith in the police holding themselves accountable, this case is a prime example of why. The police report on the case was mostly blank, and indicated that Breonna had no injuries (she was shot six times), and there has been no transparancy with the community, and they've shown extreme prejudice in the way they've handled protests.

There's been a concerted effort by the LMPD to call Breonna's reputation into question. Breonna's ex was offered a plea-deal to implicate her in crimes ( https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng/3453352001/). Daniel Cameron, the KY AG spoke about the case at the RNC which was ... questionable to say the least. There's an overall sense that the system just backed up the system. By not even charging the officers so that this could be decided in the courts, the whole thing has enforced a lot folks belief that they never had any intention of considering a serious case against any of these guys from the beginning.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riots on the left, protests on the right CM9000 Chit Chat 12 11-15-2016 12:34 PM
A peaceful cruise at the park tuanies Videos! 0 11-10-2016 09:46 PM
Manchester Riots 2011 johnnyh66 Chit Chat 6 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM