Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2020, 01:03 PM   #21
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

I also want to point out that generally the penalty for looting is somewhere around 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine. Not death.

It’s not worth killing someone over an Xbox, or risking your life trying to protect it. Let’s chill on the glorifying of violence and calling for looters to be shot and protestors to be ran over. Ain’t helping no one.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

First, most of the people carrying the ARs were in solidarity with the protestors. Second, these armed people were doing nothing to prevent the protest, and, again, many were actively supporting it.

Third, YES, if you riot and loot, YOU SHOULD GET SHOT. Period.

So… why not outcry, demonstrating, or looting over this guy?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/us/da...rnd/index.html

Does his life not matter because he wasn't killed by police?

On the first point, my bad, you were a bit ambiguous about the armed attendees lining the roads. If they were there in support and solidarity, that’s a good thing.

On the next point- if you can equate murder with larceny and vandalism, then you truly are lost and there’s probably no chance that you will ever seek to understand.

On the third point- there’s no outcry? His life doesn’t matter? A global news organization just published an article on a global platform with billions of viewers. That kind of speaks for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I also want to point out that generally the penalty for looting is somewhere around 6 months in jail and a $2500 fine. Not death.

It’s not worth killing someone over an Xbox, or risking your life trying to protect it. Let’s chill on the glorifying of violence and calling for looters to be shot and protestors to be ran over. Ain’t helping no one.

Agreed

spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
**** yeah. I support the second amendment. And I don’t trust the government all that much either. But it really seems like we have a problem here that current gun laws don’t address.

People kill people. They have been doing it quite successfully LONG before even the most rudimentary firearms were a thing. Pointy sticks, rocks, baseball bats, hammers. I've always found it stupid that people are ONLY concerned with the murder weapon when a firearm is involved.

Someone was stabbed? Oh thats too bad.
Someone beaten to death? What an animal!
Someone was shot? We should ban guns!

As for shooting people for looting...That might be a bit much, but people lighting buildings, especially homes on fire or beating random people to a pulp, well thats a different story. I also don't have a problem with people running over idiots on blocking the highway.

The reality is the world was united on how unjust this murder was, but rather than use it as a learning experience for law enforcement culture or how to handle people in custody, it has been turned into something else. An excuse for antifa to pop back up and random people to cause chaos and steal stuff.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
The reality is the world was united on how unjust this murder was, but rather than use it as a learning experience for law enforcement culture or how to handle people in custody, it has been turned into something else.

One of the reasons the murder of George Floyd sparked such unrest, is because some people were not convinced law enforcement culture had learned anything from previous comparable cases.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Let’s get one thing clear. Protestors are protesting.

Riots and looting are happening during the protests.

These are not the same thing. There are opportunistic individuals taking advantage of the situation to do things that all agree are wrong. They are not the protestors. Please separate the movement from the violence as it is not the purpose and is instead a byproduct when mixed with malicious parties.
Don't forget to sprinkle in the miscellaneous fringe groups flocking to these things with the sole intent of agitating the situation. A 19 year old up here got arrested for going on social media and encouraging people to get violent at last night's protest.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

Day before BestBuy was broken into in broad daylight by looters using a construction lift to ram the building, not ok. Police caught and arrested some of them.
Yours too? Or do you live nearby Fairfiled? The one here was broken in using one of those JLG lift things
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

In STL the Circuit Attorney let everyone out, no charges. Didn't matter if you were caught torching a building or police car or looting. Ya free to do it again tonight.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
But it really seems like we have a problem here that current gun laws don’t address.
I don't care how many gun laws they put in place. Only the law abiding citizens will abide by them. The criminals could care less about any law that is written.

We keep introducing new laws on the books while failing to uphold the laws that are already in place. Take for example Massachusetts ban on flavored tobacco. We have a law that you must be 21 to purchase tobacco products and yet kids are still able to get their hands on it. Well since they cannot enforce the law on the books they put another useless law in place banning all flavored tobacco. Kids will still get their hands on it regardless.

Although not possible, imagine if every single gun was removed from the United States. You will still have mass killings taking place. Individuals either hell bent on destruction or with mental issues will still find a way to carry out their agenda. People will state they can do it easier with a gun and while true the gun is not the issue, it is the people.

People that believe we should not have certain guns or any guns always vote our right away. If those same people enjoyed alcohol and it was banned because we still have too many drunk driving fatalities they would be upset as it affects something they don't want to have taken away.

Before we start making statements of banning things in this free country we should evaluate why the current laws in place are not working and address that. We do not need additional bans or laws that have proven to be unsuccessful.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
Although not possible, imagine if every single gun was removed from the United States.

Instead of imagining; the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany have all taken measures to reduce gun homicides. Could the US learn anything from them?
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

On the running over issue, from what I have seen, the people that have been ran over have been the people attacking vehicles, and not what I would call protesters. Sorry, but if people are trying to open my doors and bash in my windows, I am assuming they are going to do me harm when they get to me. I am putting my vehicle in gear and getting out of there.

There is a video of a Fed driver dragging one of these "protesters" under his truck, these people were banging on the doors and windows trying to get into the cab before he started driving off. No doubt this driver was thinking about the LA riots where the driver was bashed in the head with a brick.

Luckily, my commute is very rural, so getting stopped by one of these protests is highly unlikely. But, if I did, I would simply get out of my truck, take off all of my clothes with exception of my underwear, shoes and socks. I would rip up my underwear so that all that was left was a shabby banana hammock, and start offering the protesters hugs. I am betting traffic would be moving in less that five minutes...

As far as the shooting of looters, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Where do you draw the line? The store in the next town, the store in your town, your house? I am not glorifying anything, but really, where do you draw the line?

Again, this violence is being orchestrated, its not random, and it is outside of the protests that are actually trying to invoke meaningful change. Why, exactly, would random pallets of bricks be delivered to these protest sites? Who is paying for these bricks?

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-03-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #32
Gold Star Baby!

Ding ding ding to your last point. There is evidence of that.

As far shooting looters, IMO there’s no line to draw. Just don’t shoot them. That’s not a commensurate penalty.

Protecting yourself when your life is in danger is a different story. But plowing through a protest like that POS in Charlottesville is inexcusable.

I saw that video of the FedEx driver. That was just awful. Multiple victims of misplaced aggression and violence, one who lost their life following others doing very stupid things.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Instead of imagining; the UK, Australia, Japan and Germany have all taken measures to reduce gun homicides. Could the US learn anything from them?
I have no desire for this country to be like an European country. Nothing wrong with European countries. I have no problem with people that do not want to own a gun or have anything to do with it.

I do have a problem with people that believe since X works for them it should work for all. Well this has never been the case and I don't see it working the same.

I grew up around guns, my father was a collector and we went shooting often. I have never owned a gun as I have not found a need for one. If I ever want one though I do not want somebody else telling me I can't.

Look at people that were opposed to guns, then had somebody break into their house and commit reprehensible crimes. Those people wished they had a gun to protect themselves and their viewpoint changed. As the saying goes in THIS country, cops are minutes away when seconds matter.

My son in law is a police officer and he even says that when it comes to crime such as breaking into a persons home, the cops really are just there to do paperwork as they are never close enough to save you.

While I do not have a gun, if I lived in an area that had me worrying about somebody breaking into my home, I would have one and I do not need anybody else telling me I cannot protect myself or my family.

I can bet that if tragedy struck your home and you lost a family member, you may look back and think, if you only had a gun to protect yourself and your family....... Yea I don't want to be in that position. If you are comfortable with it GREAT! All the best to you. As for me I'll keep the freedoms this country provides.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Weapons of the weak and fearful...

Your comment about guns being for the weak and fearful indicates you don’t understand nor do you support the Second Amendment. Among many things, guns are to defend life and liberty. Guns are also equalizers when bullies, criminals, etc. attack the weaker. Thank god we had guns during these riots or it would have been much worse and more innocent people would have been hurt or killed.

We do have a serious problem and it has NOTHING to do with guns. The US is weak on parenting and weak on punishment of crime. Example, most of the looters are low life criminals and they won’t be caught and punished.

It’s funny how this thread has brought about anti gun whining. These riots weren’t the fault of guns. Do you want to ban bricks and fire? I mean come on. Guns prevented violence in this case. Guns protected the innocent. Guns weren’t used in this police killing. Guns didn’t throw bricks. Guns didn’t start fires. But the “guns R bad” sheep are still here. Totally laughable.

Anyway, we had a very peaceful protest locally. That’s the way it should be. I respect it and applaud it. Kinda shocking since it’s a town that used to have KKK rallies not all that long ago.

Dirty cops need to be punished to the very fullest extent of the law. Bad people will always exist, but we need checks and balances in place. Cops have the union mentality where you protect the other “brothers” at all costs. It’s disgusting and I don’t know how we fix this broken system.

Rioters and looters should be removed from the gene pool. Human life is only valuable if that person values others. The rioters and looters don’t care. Therefore their lives are worthless in my opinion.

I can’t stand that, again, this is turning into a race war when it was allegedly about police brutality.

The media helped fuel all of this. It’s sickening.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:54 PM   #35
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Again, this violence is being orchestrated, its not random, and it is outside of the protests that are actually trying to invoke meaningful change. Why, exactly, would random pallets of bricks be delivered to these protest sites? Who is paying for these bricks?
To add to this, on top of there being set ups to instigate looting by leaving pallets of bricks and other items around, there’s also efforts like this going on.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/...ts/3139032001/

They arrested 3 ex military white supremacists who were heading to the Las Vegas protests after filling gas cans and making Molotov cocktails, and they’re facing firearms charges as well.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

I’m out in the country so no problems here. They know we shoot first and ask questions later plus no stores to loot and burn out here. I really have not seen much about it but it sure looks like these democratic run cities are letting the animals take over the zoo. Just one of the reasons we live where we do. It is sad seeing the pics of these cities burning and destroyed but I guess you get what you vote for. Be safe
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

White folks go out to protest stores being closed bringing Ak's and rocket launchers and Trumps Tweet was "Liberate state X" (Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia), then with this going on now his Tweet is to express that these particular protesters will be met with lethal force.

Doesnt matter what "side" you perceive yourself to be on but there is nothing remotely right about this situation.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-03-2020 at 08:29 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Those were peaceful protest. From what I have seen in Chicago and a lot of other cities they are not protesting they are rioting. No shots fired no business being torched and no looting took place at any of the rallies that protested our rights being taken away from the different governors.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #39

Default Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
To add to this, on top of there being set ups to instigate looting by leaving pallets of bricks and other items around, there’s also efforts like this going on.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/...ts/3139032001/

They arrested 3 ex military white supremacists who were heading to the Las Vegas protests after filling gas cans and making Molotov cocktails, and they’re facing firearms charges as well.
Remember in the other thread where you mentioned right wing propaganda? This is just the opposite side propaganda. You are focusing on outliers.

Conspiracy theories and talking about outliers in this thread makes no sense. Those things will ruin a thread even more than a typical political thread.

I don’t care if the bricks were staged or not. Only animals pick them up and throw them.

Also, some of the bricks have already been proven to have been there before riots and for valid reasons.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8996572756

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 06-03-2020 at 08:47 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #40
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Remember in the other thread where you mentioned right wing propaganda? This is just the opposite side propaganda. You are focusing on outliers.
But there’s nothing biased or misleading about it. It’s a factual account of events that transpired.

Propaganda would be using this instance to try and say all white ex military conservatives are bad because of these 3 lunatics. That’s not the case. I am pointing out something that I think is important for people to acknowledge is happening, especially as there is an effort to shift the focus of the protests on police brutality to ‘look how wild these “animals” are’

Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riots on the left, protests on the right CM9000 Chit Chat 12 11-15-2016 12:34 PM
A peaceful cruise at the park tuanies Videos! 0 11-10-2016 09:46 PM
Manchester Riots 2011 johnnyh66 Chit Chat 6 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM