Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #41

Default Re: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
But there’s nothing biased or misleading about it. It’s a factual account of events that transpired.

Propaganda would be using this instance to try and say all white ex military conservatives are bad because of these 3 lunatics. That’s not the case. I am pointing out something that I think is important for people to acknowledge is happening, especially as there is an effort to shift the focus of the protests on police brutality to ‘look how wild these “animals” are’
Propaganda isn’t just false information. Using facts to promote a political stance or to make one side look bad or to make one side look good also falls under that definition. I may have mistaken your intentions for posting the link so sorry for that.

But not everyone sees it like you. Like it or not, there is a large portion of the population that thinks the riots were worse than the original crime. Those rioters are animals and they should be treated as such. And tons of people of all races agree. The proof is out there on social media, YouTube, etc.

Also, the focus on police brutality has already been switched for you. It’s now a racial thing despite the fact that there’s no proof this officer killed the guy because of his race - unless there’s some new information that I’m unaware of.

And this is why racism will never end. You can’t automatically blame race as being the main factor in crimes without any facts. That, in and of itself, is racist.

Nothing good came from this except a handful of dirty cops have been arrested. Otherwise an innocent man is dead. Innocent people have been killed, innocent people have been hurt, innocent people have had their livelihoods taken away and cities are destroyed by the riots. Also, race relations are bad again and the country is as divided as it has been in at least a few years.

Peaceful protests spread messages. Riots create hate. That’s why people have forgotten this all started for George Floyd.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #42

My city was ravaged, burned, destroyed by rioters and then the national guard stepped in. 7 people have been charged so far.
Grand Rapids Michigan
Joesstyreneshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:44 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Some have been out of the woodwork over here, but funny enough those that ruin protests have not come out to "play" but any other protest they will counter protest and ruin.

If you take raw numbers, most racists in my country, well they are not pasty white Danes. some places police, hell even fire departments cant go when a flat are burning down.
AND ! we pay these people to do nothing. it is a strange world we live in.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 05:56 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Those were peaceful protest. From what I have seen in Chicago and a lot of other cities they are not protesting they are rioting. No shots fired no business being torched and no looting took place at any of the rallies that protested our rights being taken away from the different governors.
The people protesting for change are peaceful, same as when people demonstrated against the extended lock downs.

The difference is when the police are protested there are groups and people that take advantage knowing the police are under extreme scrutiny. These events trigger the scumbags to come out knowing they have a much better chance of getting away with the crime as well as instigating the law enforcement. This is why this all happens at night under the cover of darkness. The peaceful contributing members of society that are protesting for change go home at the end of the day, the looters and criminals come out to take advantage of this. These looters and criminals do not care that an american citizen was killed in police custody, they only care about getting what they can for themselves. They take advantage of the situation just like they take advantage of most everything in life whether it hurts the guy next to them or not.

I also feel when this situation arises there is a need for the National Guard to be deployed to protect the cities. The police forces in these cities are not large enough to cover / protect the entire city. Every time there have been riots many businesses are lost. If after the first sign of rioting / looting the National Guard was put in place I bet we could save a lot of these businesses.

If we can crack down and protect the city at night between the local law enforcement and the National Guard these riots / looting events may be shorter and eventually not be seen at all. Right now whenever a situation like this arises in the country they know they are going to get away with it. Get boots on the ground to guard the city effectively and we may not see as much destruction or any at all eventually.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:54 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
I also feel when this situation arises there is a need for the National Guard to be deployed to protect the cities. The police forces in these cities are not large enough to cover / protect the entire city. Every time there have been riots many businesses are lost. If after the first sign of rioting / looting the National Guard was put in place I bet we could save a lot of these businesses.
... Get boots on the ground to guard the city effectively and we may not see as much destruction or any at all eventually.
Funny you say that.

So reading through my usual social media dumpster fire sites last night, I noticed a lot of people floating the hashtag #abolishthepolice, including even a few politicians. Thinking it can't be what it says, we're not really that stupid, I read a few articles and ...well, it's exactly what it says.

Just abolish the police. A racists, abusive organization, fire them all. And if the local population disagrees, just use appropriation to defund them out of existence. Zero mention of what to replace them with, or how law and order will be maintained in society. Just vague mentions of redirecting the fund to community organizations or social services.

There's a great idea. Genius level thinking in fact. Let's do it. I recommend as a trial balloon, we give all the police officers in NYC and LA a 60 day paid vacation, absolve them of all their duties for 60 days and see what happens. I'm sure that life will be so much better in these cities, racism will go away, and the looters will stand down.

In case I sound like a nut case, the Mayor of LA has already started, proposing a $250m cut to the police budget: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/86924...nces-cuts-to-l
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:06 AM   #46
Rock Stacker

If they are protesting for peace and change how come they stand by and even video the violating of laws taking place right in front of them. If the peaceful ones are the majority they should stop the bad ones right then and there.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Syracuse NY got pummeled
They tried that shit in the town I live in but it wasnt going down like that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
aiden102408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If they are protesting for peace and change how come they stand by and even video the violating of laws taking place right in front of them. If the peaceful ones are the majority they should stop the bad ones right then and there.

Because the MSM is on the story.. or gonna make a storyline

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #49
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
In case I sound like a nut case, the Mayor of LA has already started, proposing a $250m cut to the police budget: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/86924...nces-cuts-to-l
I think that’s a great start. I read it was more like 100-150million but it’s a start.

Considering their budget for the year is 1.8 billion, they’ll still keep over 90% of their budget. They’ll be fine.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Funny you say that.

So reading through my usual social media dumpster fire sites last night, I noticed a lot of people floating the hashtag #abolishthepolice, including even a few politicians. Thinking it can't be what it says, we're not really that stupid, I read a few articles and ...well, it's exactly what it says.

Just abolish the police. A racists, abusive organization, fire them all. And if the local population disagrees, just use appropriation to defund them out of existence. Zero mention of what to replace them with, or how law and order will be maintained in society. Just vague mentions of redirecting the fund to community organizations or social services.

There's a great idea. Genius level thinking in fact. Let's do it. I recommend as a trial balloon, we give all the police officers in NYC and LA a 60 day paid vacation, absolve them of all their duties for 60 days and see what happens. I'm sure that life will be so much better in these cities, racism will go away, and the looters will stand down.

You quoted me and I am not sure if what I was saying was understood.

I just want to be clear that I do not advocate removing all police. There are many very good police. I don't feel there are enough police to correctly enforce the laws and protect business in large cities alone during a riot. The National Guard should be brought into those cites to help protect the businesses.

Quote:
Actually some have. I have thought this same way. On the other hand however, those people may be putting themselves in harms way. They also could wind up in trouble with the law if they do anything to another person whether it be the Police Dept. or a citizen taking them to court.

We have freedoms in this country that allow for PEACEFUL protests. If those people want to defend the city from the criminals I have no issue with that. If they do not want to defend the city that is their right to walk away and go home. That is why we have law enforcement.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Quote:
I think that’s a great start. I read it was more like 100-150million but it’s a start.

Considering their budget for the year is 1.8 billion, they’ll still keep over 90% of their budget. They’ll be fine.
Although this may sound like a good plan it will backfire. Once people settle down from this and the news is not covering it, you'll start to see crime rates go up due to the Police being under a microscope. Police will simply back off for a while until things settle letting crime go rampant to where people are now complaining they do not do enough.

I feel the entire issue revolves around the Police really having no accountability for so long and still to this day. A judge will believe the police officer with no questions even when they are lying. When they are caught lying do you see them being brought up on charges of perjury. It is all of them, from judges to lawyers, to police officers. This is not all on the Police but the legal system has a lot to do with it as well.

Bottom line police officers need to be held accountable where as they have not in the past unless it was extremely severe and caught the attention of the media. This goes the same for judges and lawyers. Judges for not going after police that are caught lying and Lawyers that will do anything to get a conviction whether the person they have in custody is guilty or not. It is like a game to a lawyer that they don't want to lose and if an innocent man goes to jail..... Oh well.

This is much more than just the Police. It is the entire legal system that needs a lot of oversight for many injustices that happen all the time.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

One more thing that is disgusting is the superficial marriage between these two. The moment this guy got in trouble, his bride takes a flight.
Oh and she was a Mrs Minnesota America pageant winner, what a fantastic example for upcoming generations! I guess that title was given solely on exterior factors insted of evaluating her character. Monkey branching will work only until a branch snapsb***h

https://www.timesnownews.com/interna...st-name/600875
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Asking for a friend...

You ever notice how conservative-leaning protests, like he COVID-19 lock down and 2A, to name recent ones, hardly ever turn violent? Heated, yes, but no rioting or looting. Why is it that only liberal-bent protests turn into complete shit-shows? Any of you lefties/libbies want to weigh in on this? My friend would really like to know.

And, for the record, I am 100% on the side of the 2A protests. I thought the COVID protests were idiotic. But, my friend is still asking...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I have heard Where the police were all fired in what’s now a major North American city and replaced after their parts in a riot instigated by the fire departments at the time, sometimes I think this may need to happen, police union or not.....

https://youtu.be/RYUhKcJAsrQ

And yes, the title he mentions is right and the whole story is an amazing WTF as well!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:31 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Asking for a friend...

You ever notice how conservative-leaning protests, like he COVID-19 lock down and 2A, to name recent ones, hardly ever turn violent? Heated, yes, but no rioting or looting. Why is it that only liberal-bent protests turn into complete shit-shows? Any of you lefties/libbies want to weigh in on this? My friend would really like to know.

And, for the record, I am 100% on the side of the 2A protests. I thought the COVID protests were idiotic. But, my friend is still asking...
At least here in Austin the COVID-19 rally consisted of like 150-200 (I know the car protests up north were much bigger) people, whereas the rallies over the last week or so here easily several thousand (60K in Houston). Folks at BLM rallies are riled up, as there are decades of context and struggle with very little systemic change behind the BLM protests, whereas COVID-19 is a fairly recent event. People loot, destroy stuff, and cause chaos at major sporting events which are pretty trivial compared to the controversy we're going through now. Lastly, the COVID folks were yelling at Lawmakers who were physically removed from the situation, BLM is protesting the same police that are standing in front of them, so there's bound to be more conflict.

Bonus Round: When we as a society deem protests irrelevant because of looting there's a strong incentive for people who don't agree with the protests to cast them in a negative light. I don't think that's always what happens, but I think it is a factor.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:

Based on what? How do you know that number is good and it will "help"?

"Currently, the LAPD has approximately 9,000 sworn officers and 3,000 civilian employees. That is one officer for every 433 residents, giving Los Angeles one of the lowest ratios of police officers to residents of any major city in the country."

So just flat numbers that is 200,000 per year per officer at 1.8 billion. Of course that's not their salary per officer. You have all the associated administrative jobs, equipment and facility cost in that too.

The average LAPD Salary is 63,700 annually. This in one of the most expensive areas in the world to live in.

The median home cost is over 600k in LA County.

So with already some of the lowest officer to citizen ratios of any city with a pretty paltry annual salary and some of the most stringent restrictions on policing in the nation, what will this 150-250 million dollar cut accomplish? Will you cut total officers so the officer:citizen rate is lower? Will you cut salary? Will you cut support staff, facilities, equipment?

I mean really, these all sound like well thought out cuts and plans.

This from the same people arresting people for skateboarding on Venice Beach and not social distancing. So a police state is good, except when it's not. My idea of controlling others is good, but your idea of controlling others is not. My idea of limiting rights is good, but yours is not. My fantasy police state is good when they do what I want.

Fine, take away the police. But you can remove any and all gun restrictions at the same time.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:44 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I have heard Where the police were all fired in what’s now a major North American city and replaced after their parts in a riot instigated by the fire departments at the time, sometimes I think this may need to happen, police union or not.....

https://youtu.be/RYUhKcJAsrQ

And yes, the title he mentions is right and the whole story is an amazing WTF as well!
That was awesome - watched the whole thing.
Highmark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #58
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Will you cut total officers so the officer:citizen rate is lower? Will you cut salary? Will you cut support staff, facilities, equipment?
Yes, all of the above.

Quote:
Asking for a friend...

Again, I don’t support the rioting and looting but I’ll play along.

I imagine watching people that look like you get unjustly murdered by the police time and time again and often without consequence generates stronger emotions than not being able to get your haircut.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-04-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Yours too? Or do you live nearby Fairfiled? The one here was broken in using one of those JLG lift things

That's the incident I was referring to, Fairfield is just down the road.

Quote:
On the running over issue, from what I have seen, the people that have been ran over have been the people attacking vehicles, and not what I would call protesters. Sorry, but if people are trying to open my doors and bash in my windows, I am assuming they are going to do me harm when they get to me. I am putting my vehicle in gear and getting out of there.

There is a video of a Fed driver dragging one of these "protesters" under his truck, these people were banging on the doors and windows trying to get into the cab before he started driving off. No doubt this driver was thinking about the LA riots where the driver was bashed in the head with a brick.....As far as the shooting of looters, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Where do you draw the line? The store in the next town, the store in your town, your house? I am not glorifying anything, but really, where do you draw the line?

Again, this violence is being orchestrated, its not random, and it is outside of the protests that are actually trying to invoke meaningful change. Why, exactly, would random pallets of bricks be delivered to these protest sites? Who is paying for these bricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
The people protesting for change are peaceful, same as when people demonstrated against the extended lock downs.

The difference is when the police are protested there are groups and people that take advantage knowing the police are under extreme scrutiny. These events trigger the scumbags to come out knowing they have a much better chance of getting away with the crime as well as instigating the law enforcement. This is why this all happens at night under the cover of darkness. The peaceful contributing members of society that are protesting for change go home at the end of the day, the looters and criminals come out to take advantage of this. These looters and criminals do not care that an american citizen was killed in police custody, they only care about getting what they can for themselves. They take advantage of the situation just like they take advantage of most everything in life whether it hurts the guy next to them or not.

If we can crack down and protect the city at night between the local law enforcement and the National Guard these riots / looting events may be shorter and eventually not be seen at all. Right now whenever a situation like this arises in the country they know they are going to get away with it. Get boots on the ground to guard the city effectively and we may not see as much destruction or any at all eventually.

As kids we were harassed by the police, in High School even more so for our hotrods and 4x4s. However I know that without our current laws and the police to enforce them, this country would be a ****fest. Their job is not easy and many peeps don't like them, but they and our military are what keep us safe in bed at night...and throughout the day, thank God for that! I've lived in other countries and there are far worse places to live, be thankful for what we have. Can we improve, yes everything can be improved but it takes work.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #60

Quote:
I imagine watching people that look like you get unjustly murdered by the police time and time again and often without consequence generates stronger emotions than not being able to get your haircut.
Police killing innocent people happens to ALL races. Cop killings of blacks versus white are extremely close in numbers. People acting like it’s a one race issue need to stop it. The problem is that the media doesn’t show black cops killing innocent blacks, black cops killing innocent white people or white cops killing innocent white people because, for some odd reason, that doesn’t cause outrage or riots.

Most murders are committed by civilians of the same race as the victim NOT police. The numbers aren’t even close. But let’s cherry-pick what we’re outraged about just because some of those cops aren’t the same race. It’s hypocritical...so hypocritical.

And to all those wanting to cut police budgets - that is insane thinking. The population is constantly growing exponentially. Police forces are not. Cops aren’t well paid in a lot of areas to begin with. And if you want to fire bad police and rehire others that takes money.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riots on the left, protests on the right CM9000 Chit Chat 12 11-15-2016 12:34 PM
A peaceful cruise at the park tuanies Videos! 0 11-10-2016 09:46 PM
Manchester Riots 2011 johnnyh66 Chit Chat 6 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM