Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #121

Default Re: Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I'm half Irish so my ancestors probably would have preferred to have been from Africa since slaves were at least considered to be 3/5 of a human which is about 2.5/5 more than the irish at the time.

You do realize that only the earliest slaves were taken from Africa right? The village chiefs were all too happy to round up and sell them to slave traders for a profit so if you want to blame someone for that blame the chiefs.

I'm not very empathetic so I don't know what it'd be like to be black nor do I care. I'm a 42 year old white guy so all anyone wants from me is my tax dollars, my opinion is irrelevant since I'm obviously evil due to my white privilege. I guess my privilege is to work and pay taxes to those that don't want to because my cracker ass is keeping them down. Not sure how that pencils out since I'm too busy working to hold anyone down...

But anyway yes, I don't think any lives matter any more or less based on color. Trash is trash no matter the pigment of the skin. I fully stand by the meme I posted since there is no mention of color in it, anyone that manages to see it as a racist meme is simply looking for a reason to be offended and not using their logical brain if they have one.

You should try to empathize. It’ll make you a better human. I’m a 43 year old white guy, blue collar my whole life. I’m not resentful of paying taxes, even though much of it goes to places and causes I don’t care about, or disagree with. I guess that stems from caring about my fellow humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
Oh I’m sorry, did the Irish come here as slaves? No. Were they treated like absolute crap, simply because of their lineage, absolutely. Can you equate that with what is happening today. No.

Well many steerage class Micks were slaves....Right up there in Sunny Boston,
So yes it does equate....Our ancestors just worked harder as no food stamps or government handouts were available then as now

Fact is the Micks, Wops, Polaks, Krauts......All were treated horrible... BECAUSE OF RACE.....History is really a great read, IF you read it ALL!
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If folks don’t like the fact that they can’t fly their pathetic flag, maybe they should find a new country. You know what that flag symbolizes to many, so please stop being so small minded.

So, what specifically, and please, be specific, lead you to beleave that the confederate flag symbolizes anything to me, or that I am one of the Nascar fans that will be lost? Please, be specific here. Or, did you just make an assumption and fill in the rest with a narrative you liked?

Simple facts...
1. Nascar, trying to be more like the NFL, has closed down their local venues in favor or large mega-tracks. The result has been a loss of fans due to no longer having a venue for grass-roots racing. This was the core of Nascar, local boys who can make it big, Nascar took that away. Ergo, they have lost fans.

2. These large mega-tracks that Nascar thought it would be selling out have only been at 25-50% capacity, no where near what they need to make money... Why, because they are loosing fans.

3. Given the the bulk of Nascar's remaining fans are from a demographic of this county what find special meaning and pride in that flag, Nascar is likely to lose a lot more fans, as stated.

4. I am not a Nascar fan, never have been. Just saw the story on CNN and felt it related to this thread.

5. To me, a born and raised Californian, the confederate flag means nothing more than what it was in the context of the history books. As far as why it symbolizes, we should not be so sensitive and not be so ready to be lead by the nose by the media. I am betting you are one of those people who get triggered when you see the "ok" symbol, just because three toothless twits in West-Pennsel-Tucky adopted it as their "pride" symbol. I am betting you go insane and horribly insulted when you see deaf people use sign language, all of those hate symbols they are flashing.

6. As far as not being "small-minded"... Why don't you stop being a leftist drone, who slings slurs at people to see what sticks. I know it is classic, tried and true libby/leftist tactic, but how about exercising just a hint of personal grown here.

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-11-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
So, what specifically, and please, be specific, lead you to beleave that the confederate flag symbolizes anything to me, or that I am one of the Nascar fans that will be lost? Please, be specific here. Or, did you just make an assumption and fill in the rest with a narrative you liked?

Simple facts...
1. Nascar, trying to be more like the NFL, has closed down their local venues in favor or large mega-tracks. The result has been a loss of fans due to no longer having a venue for grass-roots racing. This was the core of Nascar, local boys who can make it big, Nascar took that away. Ergo, they have lost fans.

2. These large mega-tracks that Nascar thought it would be selling out have only been at 25-50% capacity, no where near what they need to make money... Why, because they are loosing fans.

3. Given the the bulk of Nascar's remaining fans are from a demographic of this county what find special meaning and pride in that flag, Nascar is likely to lose a lot more fans, as stated.

4. I am not a Nascar fan, never have been. Just saw the story on CNN and felt it related to this thread.

5. To me, a born and raised Californian, the confederate flag means nothing more than what it was in the context of the history books. As far as why it symbolizes, we should not be so sensitive and not be so ready to be lead by the nose by the media. I am betting you are one of those people who get triggered when you see the "ok" symbol, just because three toothless twits in West-Pennsel-Tucky adopted it as their "pride" symbol. I am betting you go insane and horribly insulted when you see deaf people use sign language, all of those hate symbols they are flashing.

6. As far as not being "small-minded"... Why don't you stop being a leftist drone, who slings slurs at people to see what sticks. I know it is classic, tried and true libby/leftist tactic, but how about exercising just a hint of personal grown here.

Sorry, I was just getting laid. Did you say something of consequence? Thought not.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Well many steerage class Micks were slaves....Right up there in Sunny Boston,
So yes it does equate....Our ancestors just worked harder as no food stamps or government handouts were available then as now

Fact is the Micks, Wops, Polaks, Krauts......All were treated horrible... BECAUSE OF RACE.....History is really a great read, IF you read it ALL!

You should probably stop getting your history lessons from internet memes.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thought not.

No worries, we can tell.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
No worries, we can tell.

Ok Austin...

Old 06-12-2020, 03:27 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
... As far as not being "small-minded"... Why don't you stop being a leftist drone, who slings slurs at people..yadayadayada...
Well that explains a lot about your "openmindness"
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:57 AM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Well that explains a lot about your "openmindness"
"themountain"...

Not so much a user name as it is an address... as in, what trolls live under.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #130
Rock Crawler

Does the moon care when dogs bark at it??
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #131
Rock Stacker

This will all be fixed soon .

Bezos will see sales drop in these areas and amazon will take to arms . He won’t let let gates get all the credit for his virus work so he will probably privatize the police force . The amazon army it will be called and it will be beautiful. Stupid unions ruined the police not shitty cops .

I hope they riot over all the child protective services issues next . With Epstein dead I’m not sure who will fix that.

Then I hope they riot over the aspca commercials cause they make me cry . I hate crying .
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #132
Rock Stacker

Quote:
If folks don’t like the fact that they can’t fly their pathetic flag, maybe they should find a new country. You know what that flag symbolizes to many, so please stop being so small minded.

That’s a stupid bar to set. If the loudest criers can get something banned, where does that leave stuff that you like? It could be next.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
This will all be fixed soon .

Bezos will see sales drop in these areas and amazon will take to arms . He won’t let let gates get all the credit for his virus work so he will probably privatize the police force . The amazon army it will be called and it will be beautiful. Stupid unions ruined the police not shitty cops .

I hope they riot over all the child protective services issues next . With Epstein dead I’m not sure who will fix that.

Then I hope they riot over the aspca commercials cause they make me cry . I hate crying .
A scary, and all too plausible scenario there...

But, if you think about, is this really any different from the railroads having their own private police force?
Old 06-12-2020, 07:01 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
That’s a stupid bar to set. If the loudest criers can get something banned, where does that leave stuff that you like? It could be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post

Open a book. Read. Understand. Seriously- have you ever read any books by black authors discussing black history in America? It’s ok if you haven’t. Every day is fresh with no mistakes.

Relegating things like confederate flags, nazi flags, etc. to museums where we go to learn about our past has a value to us as a society. Wearing the flag on a t-shirt or whatever, is an exercise of hate speech, and only sows division. What good is that?

Old 06-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #135

Quote:
A scary, and all too plausible scenario there...

But, if you think about, is this really any different from the railroads having their own private police force?

What’s scary is your failure to discern the tongue in cheek nature of that post. I found it hilarious myself.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #136
RCC Addict

Watching some videos on the "autonomous zone" really has me laughing. The idiots have set up barricades around the place and they're checking IDs of people coming in to make sure they belong there. They are also stopping and frisking people that look out of place to see if they are armed. Rapper guy is now "the police" and is assaulting and threatening people that do not follow his orders.

These are the same folks who say walls don't work, we need open borders, ID is racist, and profiling is wrong and they are doing it all.

Quote:
Open a book. Read. Understand. Seriously- have you ever read any books by black authors discussing black history in America? It’s ok if you haven’t. Every day is fresh with no mistakes.

Relegating things like confederate flags, nazi flags, etc. to museums where we go to learn about our past has a value to us as a society. Wearing the flag on a t-shirt or whatever, is an exercise of hate speech, and only sows division. What good is that?

You probably want Paw Patrol cancelled because of the police dog.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Watching some videos on the "autonomous zone" really has me laughing. The idiots have set up barricades around the place and they're checking IDs of people coming in to make sure they belong there. They are also stopping and frisking people that look out of place to see if they are armed. Rapper guy is now "the police" and is assaulting and threatening people that do not follow his orders.

These are the same folks who say walls don't work, we need open borders, ID is racist, and profiling is wrong and they are doing it all.

You probably want Paw Patrol cancelled because of the police dog.

I celebrate the entire Paw Patrol collection, actually.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:17 AM   #138
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Why do the feelings of the offended matter more than the feelings of those who see it as a sign of pride & heritage of the South? I couldn’t care one way or the other about that flag personally, but it’s just another slice of freedom being taken. Yes, a private business can do as it pleases, but it comes back to my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post

It was quite hilarious. And then they want all this outside help...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #139
Rock Crawler

Seem like i have made a boo boo, and TBH i should have know that even if it was a quote from a movie, my knowledge of American culture are large enough that i should have know better.

But as a Dane we dont have that issue in the same severity, so it is not something that are the norm for us.
Even if it seem that Denmark are also going American on this matter, and it is also one of the American traits / customs i think we Danes do not need to adopt too.

Anyways if i have hurt someones feelings i apologize.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #140
Gold Star Baby!

In the future, some ***** can go a long way.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

Riots/Looting, peaceful protests in your area? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riots on the left, protests on the right CM9000 Chit Chat 12 11-15-2016 12:34 PM
A peaceful cruise at the park tuanies Videos! 0 11-10-2016 09:46 PM
Manchester Riots 2011 johnnyh66 Chit Chat 6 08-13-2011 10:34 AM
Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area Spiftacu1ar California 11 09-01-2010 01:30 AM
South east area crawlers?Cincy area? DrtRacr440 Ohio 16 07-12-2009 05:49 AM