Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Out of stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #1

Default Out of stock

Is it just me or is everyone seeing out of stock a lot on R/C websites, I have been into R/c since the mid 1980s , got away from the hobby about 8 years ago,, back at it now and it seems every site I go to list all kinds of parts,, go to order and OUT OF STOCK comes up! what is really irritating is when you place an order from a major site and 5 days later I get an email saying half the stuff is back ordered!! I am buying a bunch of rock racer type parts. So far I have bought 2 Yetis and 2 Rock Reys as well as 1 Red cat Camo pro (it was local) I am trying to put these together to make them as bullet proof as possible so that Myself and my Son and Son-in law can do some racing on a track we are building out behind my house. Has there been a surge in popularity in the hobby lately? Maybe the Covid issues?,,, not really sure
Attached Images

mtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2020, 07:21 AM   #2

Default Re: Out of stock

Yes, there’s a supply chain issue due to the COVID-19 shutdown in China, where most RC parts are made, and to a lesser extent the shutdown in America.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Old facts, Covid sucks.
With many not working, we played and wiped out the supply chain.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Not just R/C parts. I'm seeing the same here in Australia with PC parts.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Any type hobby, supplies are thinning. My bud runs a hobby store, can't keep stock on the shelves. Puzzles, model kits RC stuff, paint..you name it.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Amain said they had been as busy as a cyber Monday/Christmas time type of business but every day since the lockdown.

Good for the hobby and the great companies making stuff for us to play with but it is a bummer having to wait for things. I’m still trying to find a clear mst jp1 body stateside going on a couple months now.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Same here. Waiting on MST MXT-1 wheels/tires and SSD AR60 knuckles to come in stock. At least the trailrunner is set to arrive this week!
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:54 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Not R/C, but I was just in a "Dollar General' to get a hot pad for the camper kitchen. The last time I was in there was in March, the shelves are baron. Guessing their supply chain is not working as it usually does.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I have been trying to find a new bike for my son. That has been an exercise in disappointment.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

There is a stone company in Vermont who sends its stone over seas to be cut and polished. Sent over another sea to be assembled and packaged so it can be stamped made in Italy . Then sent over a whole lotta water around the world to be installed . Seems odd that it would still be cheaper then to pay some Vermonters to do it .

Most products need only be assembled in an area to say made in so the parts become a problem when supply chains fall apart . Raw materials are a big part of supply issues as well .

I do hope as well tho that the spending we are seeing now is helping a lot of these companies weather the storm over the next few years .
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Out of stock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IN STOCK NOW the NEW MIP Center Shaft Kit For Traxxas UDR In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-01-2019 10:11 AM
my hilux high lift stock... to stock mod... to... added goodies (: jmini 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 11-15-2010 01:33 AM
What all does it take to get stock high lift tires and rims to a stock tlt axle? bi_eep Newbie General 5 01-18-2007 10:54 PM