Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 2021 Ford Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2021 Ford Bronco

I think the new Bronco will make a killer 1/10 lexan body. It will be interesting to see who brings one to market first.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I just noticed its not a rear leaf setup, its actually using coils and a 5 link. Pretty cool!
I was fixated on evertything else and overlooked the basics.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That looks like they copied the information straight from the C&D link I posted!

The Broncos are expensive to begin with. Any idiot that gets in a bidding war over one is an idiot. But that will happen as they First Edition has a price that's doubled by options and exclusivity alone.

From what I've been reading, the pricing is right in line with the Wranglers for the open top model, don't know if the Sport is priced to line up with the KL Cherokee, since that seems like the most likely model that would compete against.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
From what I've been reading, the pricing is right in line with the Wranglers for the open top model, don't know if the Sport is priced to line up with the KL Cherokee, since that seems like the most likely model that would compete against.

Yes, Wranglers are very expensive as well!

Looks like New Bright beat everybody to the punch on the body.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:55 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Holy cow, I guess all the years of leaks were good for something!
Old 07-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Holy cow, I guess all the years of leaks were good for something!

It says Bronco on it so I’m sure it’s licensed. My guess is they’ve been working with Ford all along to synchronize the release date.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:06 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

True I forgot they actually license things. Seems like it may be Tamiya sized

http://www.newbright.com/app/uploads...ed-980x653.jpg
Old 07-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a Ford guy either, unless it's old, ( before fuel injection & computers ), but this could make me change my mind.

Found this on another forum:
Attached Images

Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #29

Quote:

Good find.

I embedded your link here so the lazy among us, such as myself, can see it without clicking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
I'm not a Ford guy either, unless it's old, ( before fuel injection & computers ), but this could make me change my mind.

Yeah GM should take note from Ford and Dodge. Bring back the Syclone!

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 07-14-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:

http://www.newbright.com/app/uploads...ed-980x653.jpg

Oh, very interesting.

It claims to be 1/8 scale, but it’s hard to gain any useful item formation from the dimensions to the tires. I bet it’s not that far off from a fitting a 1/10 crawler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:24 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Oh, very interesting.

It claims to be 1/8 scale, but it’s hard to gain any useful item formation from the dimensions to the tires. I bet it’s not that far off from a fitting a 1/10 crawler.

Looks like the 22 3/4" measurement is the front bumper to the rear of the body or wheel (?) and the front bumper sticks out 2 1/2"-3".
Width is 12 1/4" minus maybe 1 1/2"-2" on each side for the wheels.

That should make the body about 19" long and maybe 8-9" wide.

More pictures of the New Bright body here: http://www.newbright.com/products/18...r-ford-bronco/

Thats a great size that should be easy to work with in 1/10 scale. I think I was wrong about it being Tamiya sized.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Default 2021 Ford Bronco

I’m a little late to this party, but I can attest to the GM cylinder deactivation issue.. having worked as a heavy line tech for close to 10 years and countless lifter and camshaft failures. I do everything now, because they don’t want specialty departments for the sake of moving cars through the shop “quickly”

On to the new Bronco, I think they did a pretty good job. It’s a great looking rig and I like that they’re offering 2 and 4 door. Not one or the other. The sport is eh, has some cool features but suspect maybe it will fade out the explorer? Who knows.
My fear is when they finally come out there will be a case of what’s happening with the new C8 corvette. Dealers marking them up to whatever they want... $10-40k over sticker... don’t laugh. It happens. And make it an impossible purchase for some people.

As much as I would love to get in line for one, I’m fortunate enough to own a first gen, first year 1966 U13 roadster Vin. I would much rather sink $30-40k into that than pull up next to the same one at the stop light.
Any who, good job Ford for putting in the time and R&D to build something to finally kick the Jeep market.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I’m a little late to this party, but I can attest to the GM cylinder deactivation issue.. having worked as a heavy line tech for close to 10 years and countless lifter and camshaft failures. I do everything now, because they don’t want specialty departments for the sake of moving cars through the shop “quickly”

On to the new Bronco, I think they did a pretty good job. It’s a great looking rig and I like that they’re offering 2 and 4 door. Not one or the other. The sport is eh, has some cool features but suspect maybe it will fade out the explorer? Who knows.
My fear is when they finally come out there will be a case of what’s happening with the new C8 corvette. Dealers marking them up to whatever they want... $10-40k over sticker... don’t laugh. It happens. And make it an impossible purchase for some people.

As much as I would love to get in line for one, I’m fortunate enough to own a first gen, first year 1966 U13 roadster Vin. I would much rather sink $30-40k into that than pull up next to the same one at the stop light.
Any who, good job Ford for putting in the time and R&D to build something to finally kick the Jeep market.

I work at a Ford Dealership, its going to be very difficult for the mark up to occur when the reservations are online with the MSRP being listed on the reservation. So the ones that try would run into problems from Ford as well as costumers themselves. It wont be much discount if any on the broncos.
Jeanethics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanethics View Post
I work at a Ford Dealership, its going to be very difficult for the mark up to occur when the reservations are online with the MSRP being listed on the reservation. So the ones that try would run into problems from Ford as well as costumers themselves. It wont be much discount if any on the broncos.

Yea I hope that’s the case. Unfortunately on the cars that get marked up, they’re not ones customers reserved. But ones the dealership orders to sell on the lot.
But if Ford has some regulation on that, I’m all for it. I’m a Ford guy at heart haha

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:25 AM   #35
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post

My thoughts exactly!

Yeah, what the hell was GM thinking with the new Blazer! I would have liked it better if they would not have named it the Blazer. That to me is NOT a Blazer!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

I watched the reveal trailer narrated by walter white himself. Very well done. Then I watched some breakdowns from road & track, American trucks, etc.
All that said...
I was prepared for it to be pretty good. But when I saw the dashboard button for front swaybar disconnects UNDER LOAD?!!
AMAZING!
Then trail maps and video trail spotter system? RAD!
DIG FUNCTION?!!
OMG!!!!!!
this thing is like if a trx4 and scx10.III had a 1:1 baby. LOADED with features!!! The HOSS system with bypass shocks?!
Sweet jeezus... If it could tow my 5,000 lbs travel trailer I would be standing in line at ford RIGHT NOW.
unfortunately its only rated at 3500.

So I was thinking it would be pretty good. However my expectations have been not just exceeded, but blown away with fireworks, wild horses, and epic ammounts of MURICA.

I would get a badlands 4 door for a daily to replace my f150 but its the towing that is a deal breaker.
My wife was even saying she would get it but she wants something with a 3rd row (we currently have a 4wd honda pilot)
But its just not practical enough for her.
I will say prices are VERY fair and a badlands at $45k is not bad at all considering the features!
Ford is still working on the website so you cant build your own to see what the total mark woyld be on a badlands with the sasquatch package but that woyld be my jam and might put it north of 50k.
Its all a dream for now though.
In the meantime I will now be purchasing several lotto tickets per week lol

Oh and for the v6 turbo discussion I have the 3.5 ecoboost in my f150 and it hauls my 5,000 pound travel trailer like its not even there. No problems yet almost 2 years in with daily driving and bi-monthly camping trips.

And yes I would put money on traxxas doing a 4 door version on tje trx4 and with the ammount of features it would be a good match. I would be very inclined to purchase that to hold me over until I can get a real one! Especially if I can get it in the area51 color!

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-15-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #37

the only emotions that this car evokes is to say that it is a cute car. the design is really interesting
DeanKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

I'm not a ford guy but the new bronco looks interesting. I think the best looking Broncos were the 60's. I would never get one, I'm more of a truck guy. I hope something like this will make Toyota and Jeep step their game up. After some life headaches pass by in a few years I'll back looking for a truck.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I hope something like this will make Toyota and Jeep step their game up.

Toyota does not seem to care about competition. Take a look at the Tacoma. On paper, there are hardly any categories where it is best in class. But, it is the class sales leader, by a long shot.

I doubt the team working on the next gen 4Runner cares what Ford does with the Bronco. They are going to design the Toyota the way they want to design it. As soon as they slap the badges on it, people will line up to buy it.

Last edited by rkj__; 07-16-2020 at 12:04 PM.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Paul Wraith interview.

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bronco, ford

2021 Ford Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 ford bronco - body possibilty? crawlerjunkie Paint and Body 6 05-26-2020 08:33 AM
1.9 '73 Ford Bronco Mr. Burpsalot 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-08-2009 09:39 AM
78 Ford Bronco 666 General Scale Talk 6 09-18-2008 08:40 PM
Ford Bronco zumzum5150 Videos! 1 08-28-2007 08:10 AM