Notices

Thread: BEST Trump video EVER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: BEST Trump video EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
You just don’t get it, an individual can make boatloads of money and pay no corporate taxes. It’s Basic business and you are totally clueless. I made great $$$$ in my business, and paid zero CORPORATE TAXES. If you make enough to play against losses, it is also a great tool ( many RealEstate Developers do this routinely)
Oh that might include Trump.

Your Bias has long ago been seen and noted, now your business sense has.

Hang up and Drive
I've got a decade of experience in Public accounting, I think I get it.

You completely ignored what I wrote, but to explain it another way, a business is not going to stop recognizing revenue because they're profitable and they have to pay taxes on it. Sure, a good accountant is going to apply those losses where it makes sense, or carry them forward, but no real business is going to stop making money just because they have to pay taxes on it. In Trumps case, he was defending paying no taxes because had losses, but that speaks less to his business acumen and more to having a decent accountant. That why your statement that 'an astute business plan doesn’t make any corporate profits' is stupid and untrue.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Well many businesses I know call the accountant about 2 month before 4/15, and then spend ALL “profits”on bonuses for all employees ( great loyalty from all) .
It then leaves no corporate tax liabilities, because they didn’t have one.... That’s in many of the business plans I’ve seen . An astute businessman plans ahead, then works that plan.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Speaking of money... and Trump....

I do not see why people are so hard up to see his tax returns, why exactly do they care?

Why do people care about a millionaire to took a significant pay cut to become a civil servant? Would it not make sense to look at the take returns of those who became civil servants, then became millionaires? ***cough*** Bernie ***cough***
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:47 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

I do not see why people are so hard up to see his tax returns, why exactly do they care?

Why do people care about a millionaire to took a significant pay cut to become a civil servant? Would it not make sense to look at the take returns of those who became civil servants, then became millionaires? ***cough*** Bernie ***cough***

Good question, - I think this probably sums it up better than I can:

Quote:
The tradition of voluntary tax return disclosure began with a scandal. In 1973 journalists discovered information suggesting that President Richard Nixon had taken large, hard-to-defend deductions on his individual tax returns. After months of media speculation (based chiefly on documents that came to light in an unrelated court case), someone at the IRS leaked information from the president’s returns confirming that he had paid just $792.81 in federal income taxes for 1970 and $878.03 for 1971 — despite having an income of more than $200,000 each year.

To help quell the ensuing uproar — which occasioned Nixon’s oft-quoted insistence that “I am not a crook” — the president decided to make a public release of his tax returns for 1969, 1970, 1971, and 1972. That tax disclosure was the first made by a sitting U.S. president. (While running for president in 1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower disclosed a few key elements of his tax history, but no complete returns.)

Ford, Nixon’s vice president, didn’t release complete tax returns after taking office in the wake of Nixon’s resignation. Ford released a nine-year summary of his tax data when running for president in 1975 and 1976. But starting with Carter, every president through Obama has made an annual disclosure of the tax return he filed during each year in which he held office.
Source: https://www.taxnotes.com/presidential-tax-returns

So to sum it up - It's all about transparency. In Trumps case, as the leader of a large multinational business his returns are likely more relevant than most other candidates besides maybe Bloomberg or going back to Ross Perot. Trump did complete a financial 'disclosure' but it generalized the nature and extent of his information to a point that was basically worthless. For instance, the disclosure stated he owed something like 5-500 Million dollars to a bank in Russia. That could either be entirely inconsequential, or something that should have been paid off prior to him being the President because it's a national security concern. I'm not saying it IS, but it's hard to know without having any information to validate anything. The IRS certainly scrutinizes tax returns and sometimes supporting evidence, but returns are under a whole other level of critique when literally anyone in the country can pick them up. It's also concerning that dispute promising to do so, the President has not divested from his business holdings, and diluted the power of various ethics committees all of which is a recipe for corruption. This is why I have such an issue with his 'drain the swamp' rhetoric. At the very least, even if he's innocent of any wrong-doing he's established a precedent and made it much easier for future leaders to be corrupt.

To answer your question about Bernie - I actually agree 100%. Bernie did release his returns as a Presidential candidate (You can see his 2018 return here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs.taxnot...nders_2018.pdf), but I would like to see more transparency in our government. Ideally I think it would be so bad that it's a serious pain in the ass for anyone to be a senator or President, to the point that the only people who do it are the folks who really want to be there.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #85

Quote:

If Trump has to show his returns, which I’m not against, make all politicians do it. They’d band together and veto that bill in a second. They have too much to hide. Loudmouth Pelosi is adamant about Trump showing his taxes, but notice she won’t show hers despite claiming she will. It’s not surprising since she’s somehow worth $120 Million.

Even with tax returns, those won’t show all of the under the table deals. How can housing developers build massive developments without ensuring the roads, schools, police, fire and ambulance, local infrastructure, etc support all of the additional people? Just pay your local politicians under the table and they’ll look the other way.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

I not really interested in seeing the taxes of a billionaires private citizen that works for free.

I want to see the taxes of ever single member of the House, Senate, Supreme Court, and every single goobermint employee making 6 figures or better.

Civil SERVANTS must be accountable and term limits must be enacted.

Our Founders never intended for these leaches to spend a lifetime in DC.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I not really interested in seeing the taxes of a billionaires private citizen that works for free.

I want to see the taxes of ever single member of the House, Senate, Supreme Court, and every single goobermint employee making 6 figures or better.

Civil SERVANTS must be accountable and term limits must be enacted.

Our Founders never intended for these leaches to spend a lifetime in DC.
I think the only people against term limits are those that benefit from not having it - career politicians. It absolutely should not be allowed. It's the perfect Petri dish to breed corruption.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I think the only people against term limits are those that benefit from not having it - career politicians. It absolutely should not be allowed. It's the perfect Petri dish to breed corruption.
Its funny to hear politicians like Pelosi bitch about what Trump has not accomplished in the three years he's been in office. That waste of tax-payer funds has been in office for over 30 years and has yet to accomplish anything other than to further the political divide. She is one of the key examples of why we need term limits.

Just for the sake of fairness, libbies and lefties, don't think I am just picking on your deity here, there are plenty of turds on the other side of the fence that have stunk up the barnyard for far too long as well.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #89

Quote:
Its funny to hear politicians like Pelosi bitch about what Trump has not accomplished in the three years he's been in office. That waste of tax-payer funds has been in office for over 30 years and has yet to accomplish anything other than to further the political divide. She is one of the key examples of why we need term limits.

Just for the sake of fairness, libbies and lefties, don't think I am just picking on your deity here, there are plenty of turds on the other side of the fence that have stunk up the barnyard for far too long as well.
Most of the US will cheer when she drops dead. But she is a miserable hag so she will probably live to 110.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:57 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Most of the US will cheer when she drops dead. But she is a miserable hag so she will probably live to 110.

You can make anything last for decades once it's pickled in bourbon.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Well I watched Kamalalalalalala speak, and it’s all Trumps fault!!
Thank god for her wisdom!

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Well I watched Kamalalalalalala speak, and it’s all Trumps fault!!
Thank god for her wisdom!

Hang up and Drive
You do understand that if Biden wins, she will be #47, right? I'd bet hard money that his brain goes completely to oatmeal before his first year in office.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:35 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You do understand that if Biden wins, she will be #47, right? I'd bet hard money that his brain goes completely to oatmeal before his first year in office.
You lose...
His brain done dripped out of that pony soldier's ear 30 plus years ago.
Facts not feelings.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
You lose...
His brain done dripped out of that pony soldier's ear 30 plus years ago.
Facts not feelings.

We all lose!

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-13-2020, 06:20 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:
WOW...what about "Keeping it contained " Moderator ??
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:22 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
But, is he wrong? Not many think so...

Last edited by Greatscott; 08-13-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:38 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
You can make anything last for decades once it's pickled in bourbon.
That's hilarious because it's true!

Quote:
Oh shut up. I'm still allowed to have an opinion in Chit Chat. And who are you to judge with all of the ignorant stuff that you say? You think you're an expert on the US and our politics and you don't even live here. That's like me trying to tell you which market in Spain is the least rat infested.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Touché!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh shut up. I'm still allowed to have an opinion in Chit Chat. And who are you to judge with all of the ignorant stuff that you say? You think you're an expert on the US and our politics and you don't even live here. That's like me trying to tell you which market in Spain is the least rat infested.
Well not so long ago (like two pages back) you dissed another US member exactly about the same nonsens you wrote ...Have "Moderators" specially rights over here ??

Last edited by themountain; 08-13-2020 at 02:24 PM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well not so long ago (like two pages back9 you dissed another US member exactly about the same nonsens you wrote ...Have "Moderators" specially rights over here ??
You're lucky Jason doesn't still hang around here. He has been known to change people's screen names who piss him off.

If it was me I would add ofBS to your screen name!

Plus this is chit chat, and yes people will dance in the streets when Pelosi drops dead. She is a prime example of the plague of our national political class. Just like John McCain.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote

BEST Trump video EVER - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump speech wings_of_fire Chit Chat 3 08-23-2017 06:17 PM
The Trump SCORE Creepy Inc. Axial Yeti 13 05-09-2016 11:26 AM
Trump 2016? RANOVRU Chit Chat 108 07-31-2015 08:48 PM
seriously about Trump tom@vp Chit Chat 27 04-02-2011 03:32 AM
Trump in Vegas? FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 5 07-14-2005 07:42 AM