LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2020, 01:02 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Student Debt Forgiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Until you do so STFU then
nah, ill keep speaking my mind whenever i please

Maybe you shouldn't be talking to me like that? Just a thought.

i could say the same thing to you. Your in Spain right? You don't have US taxes. You don't have a US President. Do your opinions matter??? Shocker, right? So dont come at me saying my opinions as an American dont matter, because your not even an American. oops, looks like someone didn't think before they posted.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 11-19-2020 at 01:32 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 01:42 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well said!
oh really? says the one thats always talking shit to me
Old 11-19-2020, 01:46 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Better them than me. I didn't take out those loans. Why should I be the one responsible for paying them back?

My wife and I are 44 and on pace to retire comfortably in about 12 years. We have started looking at what we can do to speed that up because we don't want to be saddled with working our asses off to pay higher taxes so that deadbeats don't have to be responsible for their decisions.
Its as simple as that. You take on the responsibility of a college loan, you pay it back.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:28 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

This thread had become a complete waste.

Super-far to one side, there are those who are so against student loan forgiveness, they are incapable of considering anything from those who have a different opinion. They refuse to accept the fact that, someone's, there ARE circumstances that can actually PREVENT someone from being able to pay back their student loans. They have no morals, to the point that they call people "deadbeats".

Far to the other side, to there are a few people (whether they've posted any comments, or are just reading the comments posted) who believe in a 'free education' system. They believe that anyone going into certain professions should have they're student loans automatically forgiven.

Finally, there are those in the middle...those who are capable of seeing the reasoning behind both sides, but who are also intelligent enough to understand that, occasionally, there's are situations that affect a person's ability to do something. Unfortunately, whole this last group should have the largest number of people, it, in fact, had the smallest, as those at the "ends" of the spectrum are incapable of seeing anything other than their own point of view.

It's sad what humankind has degraded to...people who refuse to evaluate the pros & cons of any given situation, who refuse to see how the world is NOT a "one size fits all" world. While some things, such as laws, need to be equally applied to all (which, unfortunately, is not what's happening in the world these days, as some even (falsely) believe they are 'above' the law), there ARE other things that NEED to be handled in a case-by-case basis. Student loan forgiveness Is one of those latter types. The only 'deadbeats' are those who refuse to see "multiple possibilities", those who are incapable of seeing (or refuse to see) "the other side of things"...in other words, those who falsely believe that there opinion is the only opinion that matters.

Unsubscribed

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:05 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
.....nah, ill keep speaking my mind whenever i please.. because your (are)not even an American. oops, looks like someone didn't think before they posted... says the one thats always talking shit to me...Its as simple as that. You take on the responsibility of a college loan, you pay it back.
I think its understandable when they say:
Some teenagers have a head for the sole purpose that it doesent rain in their throats.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:15 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think its understandable when they say:
Some teenagers have a head for the sole purpose that it doesent rain in their throats.
Don't have to be a dick to me just because I believe something you don't. Don't start something, then run away from it.

Not being that guy will get you a lot farther in life

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 11-19-2020 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:07 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Student Debt Forgiveness PEACE

Hey everybody i thought this was a rc crawling website forum to engage share and enjoy rc crawling hobbies and help each other out and as much as i have my opinions on things this is rccrwaler.com not a forum for everything!!!

I thought at least!

So to everybody lovers haters lets just slow down and crawl together its better!!!

Buzzzz.....

Aloha.....

Om......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:10 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Of course just noticed its chit chat so what do i know!

Just love each other and agree to disagree peacefully!

Buzzzz....
Old 11-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Hey everybody i thought this was a rc crawling website forum to engage share and enjoy rc crawling hobbies and help each other out and as much as i have my opinions on things this is rccrwaler.com not a forum for everything!!!

I thought at least!

So to everybody lovers haters lets just slow down and crawl together its better!!!

Buzzzz.....

Aloha.....

Om......
EDIT> Just saw your follow-up reply but I'll still keep my comment up...

Almost every forum has a chat-type subsection for off-topic stuff like this. I won't participate as it's completely pointless... especially at a time like this, when folks are so divided and volatile. But yeah... This is a pretty normal thing on most any forum out there. IMO just steer clear... That's what works for me lol.

Have a great day, sir and I agree... let's keep crawling and enjoying the good things that we're fortunate enough to have. Cheers, brother.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
This thread had become a complete waste.

Unsubscribed

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I guess because others disagree with your ideas , it’s a waste because you want that. Life is what you make it, seeing others opposing opinions should allow progress, But many like you don’t see that......
Sometimes on forums it’s better to read than spout off.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I can sometimes get Tunnel Vision on things that I'm passionate about or have certain thoughts on. It's nice to see other points of view. It helps me to look at things from a different perspective from my own. It may not change my mind on certain things, but at least I'm looking at things a little differently, and a little more open-minded.

I think topics like this are good as long as they stay civil and don't get personal. It's good to have a conversation about things sometimes even if we agree to disagree.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
EDIT> Just saw your follow-up reply but I'll still keep my comment up...

Almost every forum has a chat-type subsection for off-topic stuff like this. I won't participate as it's completely pointless... especially at a time like this, when folks are so divided and volatile. But yeah... This is a pretty normal thing on most any forum out there. IMO just steer clear... That's what works for me lol.

Have a great day, sir and I agree... let's keep crawling and enjoying the good things that we're fortunate enough to have. Cheers, brother.
I second that and agree 1000% thanks for the update im not very tech savvy so thanks for the forum advice! BUZZZZZ....... ALOHA......
Old 11-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Polarization isn't new, we're just the ones doing it now. Human nature. The only difference I've seen in my lifetime is that Google has made everyone a climatologist, zoologist, scientist, virologist...lol. Everyone is an expert nowadays depending on what opinion or statistic supports their leaning. Nothing new there, the information is just more readily available. I tend to use it to figure out how to fix my car...
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elRayRay View Post
Was that a B.A. or B.S. degree? Was your wife working/earning at the time? If so, how much did the 2nd income help out?

Transportation and Logistics degree. I am an ex-truck driver that got tired of being away from the family so it seemed a logical choice and has been good to me over the years. I also have a minor degree in International Business.

Wife is self employed in a field closely related to construction so during the period I went to school (starting late 2007) her income was virtually nonexistent due to the housing market collapse.

We were also recently married (second for me) at that point and I just lost my house to a short sale (avoided forclosure) and pretty much everything else due to a nasty divorce from wife #1.

I believe you have 2 choices when faced with adversity, either own it and use your God given abilities to overcome it, or blame others and move into denial/self pity. I chose the first but it took some prodding, I'm not a poster boy for how to do things 'right' by any means. Just blessed.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Sorry for back to back to back posts...

I'll add this thread has been informative until TheMountain and ScaleLifeNoob started going at each other. I told ScaleLife how to avoid that but he's just going to have to learn the hard way I suppose.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Sorry for back to back to back posts...

I'll add this thread has been informative until TheMountain and ScaleLifeNoob started going at each other. I told ScaleLife how to avoid that but he's just going to have to learn the hard way I suppose.
Agreed. And I should've given more credit to those participating in this thread in a civil and relevant manne... not pointless at all thus far. I guess I'm just used to seeing these kinds of threads spiral down pretty quickly in many various forum communities... this year especially.

Y'all take care.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:23 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

If you cant pay your student loan. Shouldn't be Americas problem.

Maybe start a GoFund me then. That way people who feel the same as you will help you out. And the people who don't agree with you can go on their marry way without being taxed more.

Just a thought.

I hate to see anyone fail. But many of us are struggling to keep our own head above water.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

So far, I cannot see any "other side" of this argument. Someone goes into debt over their heads, and now they want someone else to pay for it. If we are going to start down this rabbit hole, and give that I will complete my third degree with no debt, I think this program should pay off my house. I own a lot less on it than the bulk of people owe on their college debt, seems fair.

I'll try this another way...
The main five players in Congress that are pushing this collectively owe over $1,200,000 in student debt. Do you think they might have motives other than helping the American people?

This is not a humanitarian thing, this is not helping out the needy, this is not giving your neighbor a hand up. The vast majority of the people that would benefit from this make a good living, we would be giving a GIANT handout to people who have made an ignorant and foolish financial decision. Don't reward people for being financially foolish, you put them on a pedestal and use them as a cautionary tail.

With that, colleges are terribly corrupt institutions, it really is a shame so much value is placed on the paper they provide. Before we talk about paying for college education the system has to be fixed at state universities. Here is what I would do:
• A degree can only cost as much as a job in that field could earn for its national 3-year starting wage.
--> An IT Admin with a degree can expect a starting wage (nationally) of around $55k, this is as much as a college should be able to charge for the IT Admin degree program.
• Do away with tenure at state universities.
• Colleges have to carry at least 1/3 of the student debt, and would be the last party to get paid (this is putting their money where there mouth is).
• If colleges want to charge more that the 3-year starting average, the college has to cover the debt.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The vast majority of the people that would benefit from this make a good living

Not so sure I agree with this statement. Most I know that struggle with this are just entering the work force, got bad advice, which led to poor financial decisions. It starts early. I have 2 college funds going for both of my girls and I watch them/move things around when they underperform. They are in the 6th and 10th grade and we are already talking to them about financial stewardship. The flip side of this argument that you are turning a blind eye to is that it has become so normal in this country to borrow money that it is almost expected...but it doesn't have to be that way. Again, I think just pointing a finger at the borrower and not questioning the environment that created this catastrophe is cherry picking. Not saying you are doing that at all, just a general observation.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:54 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Here is a nice read for all the ney sayers
https://www.theroot.com/every-argume...lai-1845701465
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Student Debt Forgiveness - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our country in debt? hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 13 08-06-2014 01:40 PM
Paying off a debt.... The Rebuild!!! Chaotic Crawlers EnRoute Berg 33 11-17-2013 12:07 AM
U.S. debt.kleptocracy CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 205 05-20-2012 10:11 AM
Christmas debt... braceysdad Chit Chat 44 12-27-2009 05:37 PM
debt collectors. lmao ctrwannabe Chit Chat 20 11-12-2008 12:19 AM