Notices

Thread: Student Debt Forgiveness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Student Debt Forgiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Because of the American military, most countries in the World don't have to spend that much on their own defense.
That would be awesome if it were true
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2020, 02:38 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
That would be awesome if it were true
How is it not true?

Most NATO countries factor in their American ally for support when planning future military expenditures, these include GB, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Australia, Sweden, and a lot more than I'd care to continue naming.

America's closest neighbors spend close to nothing on their national defense because of the American military.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
How is it not true?

Most NATO countries factor in their American ally for support when planning future military expenditures, these include GB, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Australia, Sweden, and a lot more than I'd care to continue naming.

America's closest neighbors spend close to nothing on their national defense because of the American military.
You of all people would know this. Thank you for your service.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
How is it not true?

You tell em Scott!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
You of all people would know this. Thank you for your service.

Ditto.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:21 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

We won’t mention the “surplus market” I saw an F4 for sale the other day, complete restoration in progress .
Unfortunately due to family needs I’m about 3.5 million short...... Point is the surplus military leftovers have always been used for lower grade military support. I still remember being able to buy surplus motorcycles in drums, packed in petrified cosmoline.

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Because of the American military, most countries in the World don't have to spend that much on their own defense.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But if I could wave my magic wand, NATO countries, like mine, should spend a bit more on defense so that the US could spend a bit less, and use the money elsewhere for public benefit.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How is it not true?

complete and utter BS...where are the facts??
Old 11-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But if I could wave my magic wand, NATO countries, like mine, should spend a bit more on defense so that the US could spend a bit less, and use the money elsewhere for public benefit.

Yeah, that’s really how it should be, but what do I know?

Old 11-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

In public view, But that might require thought on your part.

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post

The amount we spend on our military is obscene, and this is coming from someone who has already had one career in the military, and now in my second career working in military R&D. But, sadly, I can see the necessity and the utility of it. There are those that would do us and our allies harm if given the chance.

In the hands of a saint, that amount of wealth could feed the world many times over. However, few saints walk among us.

Quote:
I was actually starting to gather articles as proof, a surprising number from left-learning sources. But then I remembered, you are The Mountain Troll. Any proof I give will be met with idiocity spewed from a trolling dipshit, and I have already fed the troll too much.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But then I remembered, you are The Mountain Troll. Any proof I give will be met with idiocity spewed from a trolling dipshit, and I have already fed the troll too much.
Accurate

Old 11-20-2020, 08:55 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Accurate

Priceless!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-21-2020, 01:52 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Priceless!!

Hang up and Drive

Lmao, he’s got a point though.

Old 11-21-2020, 07:03 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The amount we spend on our military is obscene,...... I can see the necessity and the utility of it. There are those that would do us and our allies harm if given the chance.
In the hands of a saint, that amount of wealth ...jadajada.. However, few saints walk among us.
.........and I have already fed the troll too much.
Really no surprise by the things you posted ...you realy crack me up all the time some unrelated babble you spit out ..... still looking for the "proof" but I am afraid nothing will come up
Old 11-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Really no surprise by the things you posted ...you realy crack me up all the time some unrelated babble you spit out ..... still looking for the "proof" but I am afraid nothing will come up
Dude, you're clueless about our American military. Do you have to work at being a dick, or does it just come naturally to you?

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Dude, you're clueless about our American military. Do you have to work at being a dick, or does it just come naturally to you?

It’s his specialty

Old 11-21-2020, 11:42 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

More talk about the "other side" of this issue...

Being in R&D, I work with a lot of engineers, some with BS, some with masters, and we have more PhDs than you could shake a stick at (sometimes you want to kit them with the stick, or a rolled up newspaper). A lot of these people have college debt. While most are good people, and I get along with them, I cannot see me, a guy with no college debt, who gets paid a lot less than they do, having to chip in tax money to pay their debt off. If their college debt does get paid off, it seems like they should have to do community service to make up for it.

I work directly with one EE who owes over $60k. Now, I was excited to get an EE in our work center, we are senior technicians who are often called upon to dabble in more than our fair share of engineering (doing a job we are not getting paid for). So, a fresh out of college EE would be a wonderful pet to have in our zoo. This girl (early 30s) got her degree through the University of Idaho (U of I), and does not know the first thing about electronics, nothing. Basic theory, design theory, component theory, basic mode flow, test equipment, troubleshooting, and repair, all a complete mystery to her. She was given six components to solder together on a bread board, it took her four weeks, and we actually soldered half of it for her showing her how to solder. The only thing electronics-related that she shows any aptitude for is surfing the internet, although turning on her computer kicks her ass from time to time. So, I wouldn't call her a graduate of U of I, I would call her an indictment of U of I. And, just between you and I, I think she lied her ass off, I don't think she has a degree at all, just $60k worth of failure. And this here is the kind of person that will get her degree paid off if the lefties get there way. If this retardation happens, it will be a crying shame.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:52 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't think she has a degree at all, just $60k worth of failure. And this here is the kind of person that will get her degree paid off if the lefties get there way. If this retardation happens, it will be a crying shame.
The only problem I see here is that your bosses want to pay 60k a year (which I highly doubt) to a bimbo with zero experience .

Another great(scott) story
Keepit coming
Old 11-22-2020, 06:29 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

The education itself should be free (more or less), so that students don't need to pay that much/take up too big loans in the first place.

The jobs of the future will require a lot of schooling.

Every time we blink an eye, a million Chinese students graduate with a physics' degree from some state funded university.

Then it's not right that we force young people in the Western world into debt. They are the ones who will sustain our lifestyle in the future.

My fear is that in a generation from now, western people will be very good at washing tables, while the Chinese are exploring space all by themselves.

tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Student Debt Forgiveness - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our country in debt? hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 13 08-06-2014 01:40 PM
Paying off a debt.... The Rebuild!!! Chaotic Crawlers EnRoute Berg 33 11-17-2013 12:07 AM
U.S. debt.kleptocracy CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 205 05-20-2012 10:11 AM
Christmas debt... braceysdad Chit Chat 44 12-27-2009 05:37 PM
debt collectors. lmao ctrwannabe Chit Chat 20 11-12-2008 12:19 AM