Notices

Thread: Jato The Ripper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Jato The Ripper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Facebook is fawking terrible for builds and tech.
Facebook be like:
Question: What driveshafts should I use in my SCX10?
Answer: Here’s a picture of my SCX10 nobody asked to see.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Glad to hear your doing well and staying busy during this crazy year we are having! Completely understand your absence here since you have a ton on you plate!
Fingers crossed that you find the house of your dreams and look forward to your return here with your great build threads that you put together!
Thank you!

Quote:
Glad to hear it. I know several business owners that would love nothing more than to have this place thrive yet again and bring tech and support in general back here immediately. Facebook is fawking terrible for builds and tech.
The archival and search of Facebook is worse than any forum ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Facebook be like:
That's one of the most obnoxious things on Facebook. Is it that mommy and daddy didn't give them enough attention so they have to say "hey look at my shit box"? Sad think is that happens here too and it drives me nuts.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:31 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's one of the most obnoxious things on Facebook. Is it that mommy and daddy didn't give them enough attention so they have to say "hey look at my shit box"? Sad think is that happens here too and it drives me nuts.

This is one of my main issues with society in general, the self-centered, focus on meaningless bs and treating it like it's the most important thing(s) ever.
GorillaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:01 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Facebook be like:
You left off the best part of any FB post

Answer 2: Hey that’s awesome, how do I get more flex?
Answer 3: Ur truck sux
Answer 4: I 3D print jack stands! Only $10/set!
Answer 5: Why you say his truck sux? You sux!
Answer 6: REEFS SERVOS RULE!!!!!!!!
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Of course REEFS RULE!!!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Of course REEFS RULE!!!

Hang up and Drive

In what universe ?
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post

In what universe ?

Facebook Universe of course!!!

Hang up and Drive
Old 12-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
We will see what 2021 brings...

I wasnt on the forum all last week... 2 6-7mm kidney stones hospitalized me for all of last weekend and earlier part of the week... Im still recovering from the stint and lithotripsy that was done.

I just approved 50 new members, the email system is still down...

I do the best I can with what resources I have...I'm just glad I have admin powers otherwise we'd be really ****ed.

Happy Holidays...

Mike

As usual, thanks Mike! Yes the forum needs software update and involved owners who love RC crawlers.

Quote:
Glad to hear it. I know several business owners that would love nothing more than to have this place thrive yet again and bring tech and support in general back here immediately. Facebook is fawking terrible for builds and tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Amen!!!

Put your hands on the ROCK!

Hang up and Drive

Reverend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Got rid of fakebook years ago. To much bullcrap n most people on there think they know it all about everything. Really hope this place picks up again soon. Alot of great info n even better people on here. I havent been postin alot lately, but i do keep a check in to see how things are goin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Anyone seen Dirk Diggler? 😕

Yes, where the heck is that dude??? Used to make me LOL!

Quote:
Facebook be like:

You nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaDad View Post
This is one of my main issues with society in general, the self-centered, focus on meaningless bs and treating it like it's the most important thing(s) ever.

Yep. Unfortunately.

Ernie, those are some fine paintings, looks great!

I've been checking in occasionally, work has gotten busy and more complicated with all the remote users who are new to this way of operating. When I have time, I've been racing slotcars as my main form of entertainment this year.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
We will see what 2021 brings...

I wasnt on the forum all last week... 2 6-7mm kidney stones hospitalized me for all of last weekend and earlier part of the week... Im still recovering from the stint and lithotripsy that was done.

I just approved 50 new members, the email system is still down...

I do the best I can with what resources I have...I'm just glad I have admin powers otherwise we'd be really ****ed.

Happy Holidays...

Mike
Happy holidays Mike, hope you are better.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:47 PM   #70

What's up everybody? I hope you are all doing well!

Some of you are my friends on Facebook so you have seen what's going on in my life, but I wanted to update the rest of you. As you may have noticed I have been absent from this forum again. I am not sure how much I laid out in this thread before, but my RC's got put away for the most part last year because my girlfriend and I were looking to buy a house and that was my focus. Motorcycles also retook the lead as my favorite hobby. My girlfriend, Sherri, and I settled on our house in January 2021. I am still awaiting the delivery of the rest of the furniture that we ordered in January! The reason I say "I" is because my healthy girlfriend passed away from ****ing COVID on April 15th. That was just a couple of weeks before our 7th anniversary and only a few weeks before my 44th birthday. Today is the 22nd anniversary of my heart transplant and this is another day that I should be celebrating, but that's the last thing on my mind. I'm just trying to survive right now.

Neither of us were anti-vaxxers and we both thought COVID was real. We both took the precautions we were supposed to and I ****ing caught it at work most likely because of being immunosuppressed. I always thought I was the one at risk, but it just goes to show you that you never know. Doctors still don't know why it attacks some people and not the others. As the world reopens, like nothing ever happened, be careful out there!
Old 06-27-2021, 03:13 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Man jato, im sorry for your loss brother. This covid crap has been awful. My wife has health issues (heart is a bit weak, seizures, etc) n shes had it. I thank God shes still here. I couldnt imagine how youre feeling or wat youre goin thru rite now. My heart goes out to u n yalls families. Hopefully all your belongings will show up soon. Happy belated bday as well.

I know we dont know each other that well, but u need anything, im here brother!
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:20 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

Devastating news, Jato. You're in our thoughts and prayer. I don't have a lot of expertise to share with you but I've always found hobbies something to combat tough times. Being around others with the same passions can sometime help with the time needed to heal.

Stay strong.......
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:30 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

I wondered Tim.

I’m devastated by that, as you’re sensible. All I can say is stay strong
Hope life changes for the better.

Hang up and Drive
Old 06-27-2021, 06:58 AM   #74
RCC Addict

I'm so sorry for your loss Tim, I've been wondering where you have been, that would affect just about anyone, I myself have endured a lot of losses in the last couple years, I have found my hobbies really help me cope and move onward, it's hard I know but keep pushing on, pain will ease but will never go away but gets better.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #75
Slow is the new Fast

So sorry to hear what you have gone through this past year Tim. I can only imagine how tough things have been for you. It’s a lot.
It’s good to hear you have been enjoying your bikes. Hopefully the rides are helping sooth the soul. Its completely cliche, but I have always loved the free feeling of cruising the open highway.
Selfishly I hope you come back and bullshit On RCC a bit, this place misses your edge.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:14 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Wow, terrible news, so very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #77
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Condolences for your loss. I know words never do the situation justice, but it is all we have to communicate with. Continue to stay strong for yourself and ancestors. It took a hell of a lot of people to create the body you're living in, and you are fortunate to be experiencing life, regardless of how it is currently tasting. It will get better in time sir, and I wish you a healthy recovery.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Tim, I know we've "butted heads" at least a few times (between here & Traxxas forum)...but, honestly, my sorrows are with you. Like many others, to I wish I knew what to say...something to brighten your day, make you at least a lil bit happier, or even just a humourous quip to give you a chuckle. But, I also understand what losing someone close to you means.

Having lost many friends & family (and friends so close, they might as well have been family) over the years, the biggest 'help' I can give is to not keep the feelings bottled up inside. Also, dwelling on "what happened" never helps...remembering "what was", and holding onto it (the good memories, as well as the bad), is what will keep you moving forward.

Do something in her memory...in her honor...that all who knew her will remember. Friends (real-life, and from there forums) are here when you're ready.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear such sad news about your girlfriend Jato, Covid has taken away some close friends from me also, in my country Honduras vaccination is at 7% at least thats what the goverment says, so probably around 2% in reality, anyways be safe all of you.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #80

Thank you everybody! I do appreciate the kind words. Words are, unfortunately, all we humans can offer during times like this. I know most people would change the situation if they could.

My worst fear was realized and I didn't even know it was my worst fear. If you had asked me my worst fear I would have said blindness or paralysis. Never did I think any healthy person in my life that was younger than me would pass before me. In fact, a month or two before Sherri passed we had discussed getting a will together for me and getting things in order to make life easier for her when I passed away. And I was selfishly fine with dying first so I didn't have to deal with the unimaginable pain. But now I am dealing with that very pain and it's not something you can imagine unless you have lost the love of your life! She was also my best friend and soulmate, the latter of which I didn't think existed before Sherri. In a lot of ways Sherri and I are polar opposites, but in ways that it mattered we are exactly alike. I don't have a suicidal bone in my body, but most nights I go to bed hoping I don't wake up. The pain and loneliness are just that bad. What is very odd is that Sherri was terrified of COVID from the beginning and she was anxious to get the vaccination, but she wasn't eligible yet. Dealing with health problems all my life I was more like "Eh I'm at risk, but I'll probably survive this too."

I have butted heads with lots of people on this forum, but it's only over RC's or heated topics like politics and religion. Strong personalities tend to vehemently disagree at times especially if you're as hot headed and stubborn as me. Yeah I can be an asshole. Sorry. I did start trying to change my ways mostly because of Sherri. She needed patience from me and that was something I was working on so hard. I don't hold grudges against anybody here though nor do I usually judge a person's character from a forum. I hold no hard feelings against anybody and my memory is so terrible that I rarely remember what the disputes were about!

Yes, I have been riding a lot to help clear my mind. That is when I actually feel like getting off of the couch and getting out of the house. I never thought depression was a real thing until now. Again, my asshole side was slapped in the face and proven wrong. I have always said that riding motorcycles is mental therapy for me and I need that now more than ever. Sherri despised my motorcycles, because she worried about my safety, but she knew they were important to me so she never asked me to sell them. She did joke about selling them to my friends or cousins, but never made it a real issue. On a motorcycle you really can't focus on your problems or you'll end up off the road. Sure, the horror still creeps into your mind at times, but it's not persistent like when I'm sitting in our home alone. Motorcycling is the original social distancing activity (in my mind anyway) so I'm tinkering with my Grom and racking up the miles on it. I am probably going to sell my Buell, which my uncle dumped in the cold weather on cold tires when riding it for me from the old house to the new one. But it's probably for the best because that motorcycle got me in lots of trouble in the past and once my anger stage of grief comes around I should not have a fast motorcycle anywhere in the house. Time to get a cruiser.

Another terrible part that I forgot to mention is that I had to quarantine alone in our new house for over 2 months after Sherri had gone into the hospital and after she passed away!!! Talk about mental torture! My immunosuppressed body couldn't shake the virus. I was actually hospitalized for 3 days myself with pneumonia after Sherri passed. I will soon get the vaccine, but for "lucky" me it will only be about 50% effective because of my immune suppressants. Doctors still don't want me to live a normal life for fear of getting COVID again. But when I'm feeling motivated, the last thing I want to do now is sit at home and social distance so I'm torn. I couldn't even attend the service for one of my best friend's mother who passed away after a few year battle with cancer. That makes me feel like crap. Then this week my dad's dog died unexpectedly. Yeah 2021 has been a ****ing shit show.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 06-27-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Jato The Ripper? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ripper camo Tamiya Clod Buster 13 01-08-2005 10:51 AM