Notices

Thread: Jato The Ripper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2021, 07:07 AM   #81
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Jato The Ripper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Another terrible part that I forgot to mention is that I had to quarantine alone in our new house for over 2 months after Sherri had gone into the hospital and after she passed away!!!.
It's certainly no wonder that you repeatedly desired to not wake from sleep for a stretch. It sounds like emotional torture and not exactly a recipe for expedient recovery from an infection. Dude, I can't really express the depth of my condolences for losing your partner. It sounds as though you had a fantastic relationship.
I am not sure how things have been in the US, but local to where I am, our medical system pretty much sucks. This crisis has made all too obvious. We haven't had the capacity to even manage this pandemic. Peoples mental health and and pre-pandemic health struggles have basically been swept under the rug. It has been brutal for so many people.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2021, 10:46 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Tim, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your devastating loss.

All the best to you, my man...

Keep the rubber side down and let the wind take your tears.

F*ck COVID.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:57 AM   #83
Gold Star Baby!

So sorry Tim, truly heartbreaking.

And a hearty F*CK COVID as well.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Sorry for your loss Tim, my sincerest condolences. There's nothing I can say to help better your situation, other than to keep your head up, and keep the memories of Sherri alive. It'll take some time.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:05 PM   #85

Thank you, guys.

I think the COVID response in the US was slow and, even worse, companies were put before the health of citizens. Pretty much any and every manufacturing business that wanted to remain open could do so.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:08 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thank you, guys.

I think the COVID response in the US was slow and, even worse, companies were put before the health of citizens. Pretty much any and every manufacturing business that wanted to remain open could do so.
True. I found it 'interesting' as to what businesses got classified as "necessary". Auto mechanics I could sorta-kinda understand, but not places like Home Depot & Lowe's. How did auto manufacturers get classified as "necessary", while laundromats & weren't?

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:21 AM   #87
RCC Addict

We stayed open thru the whole thing, as did all the cabinet factories, wood mills, n such. We've been wide open at the concrete plant, with people stuck at home doin projects theyve put off. Havent had less than 45-50 hrs a week. The cabinet factories are only runnin at about 50% still yet due to "bein paid more to stay at home". But the unemployment checks got cutoff last week, so people are goina start gettin hungry here soon. Weve needed atleast one more driver, two would b even better. But nobody wants to work smh. COVID really done a number on us here in the states, but i think we'll start recovering from it soon, i hope.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:26 AM   #88
Go Buckeyes!

So sorry to hear this tragic news Tim. Condolences to you and your family.

I remember you were in the process of moving into a new house and I've often wondered how the move went and if all went well. Well this is not the news the none of us expected to hear.

Stay strong! We the RCC family are always here for you!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Man.. I'm sorry for your loss!!
I feel so much when reading this, because I've had a sh***y year healthvise myself, but I've been hospitalised for many weeks and in isolation, so I didnt get to see my wife or noone else than nurses and doctors, but the isolation kept me away from the covid in the public the most critical weeks over here actually.

It's good tho' to read that you feel that riding motorbikes clears your mind at least while riding. If it feels good to share, just keep sharing. It isn't easy to reply in a good way to these situations, but knowing that people reading and caring can be relieving, at least that works for me sometimes.

Stay strong there, buddy. We'll be by your side!
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:09 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

I'm sorry to hear the news Tim. Condolences, and I wish you strength in these rough times.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:03 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Some people die, 99.8% have little worse than the sniffles. It sucks but life ain't all peaches and cream.

I had the 'rona last June. I've had worse colds but the worst part was breathing deeply it felt like I was being kicked in the top of my chest for about a week. Little loss of taste & smell but it came back quickly.

My cousin had a blood clot clog his heart and he died. The 'rona definitely effects people differently.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #92

Thanks again, guys. Everybody keeps telling me time is the only thing that's going to help, but I have to say time has only made me feel worse - much worse. I'm at another low right now so all I can do is see what tomorrow brings.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:21 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Hang in there JTR. Hang in there.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:42 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Default Jato The Ripper?

Quote:
Thanks again, guys. Everybody keeps telling me time is the only thing that's going to help, but I have to say time has only made me feel worse - much worse. I'm at another low right now so all I can do is see what tomorrow brings.

You of all people can beat this.
Use the Grom or anything else to get passionate about. Misery can pass, memories will never stop.
Embrace Sherry and think of what she wanted for you.
Stay tough brother
As I learned from AA
One day at a time.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:20 PM   #95

Thank you guys!
Old 08-21-2021, 10:36 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Hey jato, hows things goin your way? Hope all is startin to get better. We miss seein you around here
Old 08-22-2021, 08:44 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Hey jato, hows things goin your way? Hope all is startin to get better. We miss seein you around here
I'm alive. That's about as positive as I can get right now unless I'm on two wheels. Those machines help immensely for some reason. I haven't touched an RC since about the end of April. Sherri bought me a semi truck kit for Christmas that is still unfinished and I bought another Tamiya kit to try to help me through this hell, but I haven't touched it since starting it. The RC interest is sadly nonexistent right now. I'm just continuing on living because I don't want my family to have to feel the pain that I'm feeling.

How are you doing?

How's everybody doing?
Old 08-23-2021, 02:30 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm alive. That's about as positive as I can get right now unless I'm on two wheels. Those machines help immensely for some reason. I haven't touched an RC since about the end of April. Sherri bought me a semi truck kit for Christmas that is still unfinished and I bought another Tamiya kit to try to help me through this hell, but I haven't touched it since starting it. The RC interest is sadly nonexistent right now. I'm just continuing on living because I don't want my family to have to feel the pain that I'm feeling.

How are you doing?

How's everybody doing?
Its hard im sure brother. Just dont give up, your family n your rc family are here for u. Im sure Sherri is right there with u every day. Things will get better with time. Just stay positive, if riding help comfort u, keep riding n b safe. Just know that if u ever need anything, we're all here for u brother!

On a positive note, things are goin good here. The wife is 14 weeks pregnant with twins. Im so stoked! Shes due feb 28. Bein a dad is soooo awesome! We have 7 now n twins on the way lol. We adopted our 2 oldest boys, i adopted my oldest girl before the wife n i got together, then we adopted her cousins 2 lil girls, n we have a girl n boy together.

Lex says the twins are girls, i say theyre girl n boy. Her aunt called earlier today to check on us n said she dreamed we had a beautiful lil boy n beautiful lil girl that looked alike lol.

Be safe Tim, watch for idiots while riding!

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Jato, sorry to hear man, I know it sucks. In fact it sucking is the only guarantee I can give you for losing someone close. Over time it sucks less, but prior to the sucking less trend, it tends toward sucking more for a while, it will bounce around some days and suck less, but then it goes back up again. As for timelines and when grieving is over, it all depends, too many factors and there are no hard an fast rules. Some days you will feel strong, some days weak. It seems like in general the first year or so floats around in the surreal, I think the hardest part is when it finally becomes real, like really real. To me this is the worst part, but it is when healing starts as well, and we all know that the worst pain can come when the wounds are healing. I know this isn't your belief, but you have my prayers regardless! It's a tough ride, but hang on, you'll grow and heal. She'll always be a part of you!
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Jato, sorry to hear man, I know it sucks. In fact it sucking is the only guarantee I can give you for losing someone close. Over time it sucks less, but prior to the sucking less trend, it tends toward sucking more for a while, it will bounce around some days and suck less, but then it goes back up again. As for timelines and when grieving is over, it all depends, too many factors and there are no hard an fast rules. Some days you will feel strong, some days weak. It seems like in general the first year or so floats around in the surreal, I think the hardest part is when it finally becomes real, like really real. To me this is the worst part, but it is when healing starts as well, and we all know that the worst pain can come when the wounds are healing. I know this isn't your belief, but you have my prayers regardless! It's a tough ride, but hang on, you'll grow and heal. She'll always be a part of you!
Thank you! It does suck. It will always suck. I have a new life. As my grief counselor so intelligently put it, I now have this new passenger to carry through life. I'm just learning to deal with it.

Ride and ride some more is what I have been doing. It's been better therapy than the one on one counseling, partial hospitalization therapy and the psycho meds they originally put me on. Motorcycles have kept me going.

Last weekend I finally got my Buell back. I don't remember if I mentioned that my uncle wrecked it when he was helping us move and riding it from the old house to the new house in January. I guess cold tires and not being used to the power (he rides an early 2000's Street Glide) got the best of him. So I finally got up the ambition to do most of the repair work and my brother in law, who is a certified Harley tech and bike builder, finished it.

Riding the Grom so much I didn't think I missed the power and the thrill of the Buell. Boy was I wrong. Every time since the first test ride after the repairs I've been riding stupidly because I have zero F's to give at this point. Adrenaline is very addicting! But I realized I don't want to unnecessarily put my family through more grief if I were to end up making a mistake and splattering myself on the road. So the beautiful Buell will get sold and I will miss it dearly. I bought it brand new in 2007 right out of college and it was my first real motorcycle. I learned to ride on it. Looking back, I have no idea how I was able to learn on this bike. It has more power than I should have had back then.

So my responsible irresponsible decision was to force myself to slowdown by buying this 2020 Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114 yesterday. This photo was taken about halfway through the return trip to home in PA. You can see my pops and his truck in the background. He bought this truck from his step son and it is a little power monster with a cam and great exhaust. It sounds like a well tuned race car. I just can't get over how much I love the sound of that truck! It makes me giddy!

I started looking at the Honda Rebel 1100, but I simply can't find one of those anywhere as it's a brand new model. So then I started looking at Harleys since they are good looking bikes. I fell in love with the Fat Bob when I saw it and sat on it. A test ride solidified that. And when I saw online that it was offered in Performance Orange, but only in 2020, I knew I had to have one. I'm not a black motorcycle kind of guy. So I found this Fat Bob in Maryland, thanks to my brother in law telling me to check the Chesapeake Harley Davidson dealer. It only had 1,167 miles on it. My dad and I drove down to Maryland with his truck. I intended to put it in the bed of his truck for the ride home because I'm not typically a long distance rider, especially on highways, and because the weather was so uncertain with Hurricane Ida Ho.

Well the weather was acceptable and I was so excited to get on the bike that I rode the 2 hour return trip from Maryland and it was a ton of fun. I didn't get wet until we got into PA. It definitely didn't feel like 2 hours because it's still such a new to me bike and because the bike is so comfortable compared to my Buell and Grom. We took a much more scenic route on the way home to avoid traffic on 476 and 95. Bob, as I call him, still has some power to entertain me and it handles much better than such a heavy bike has any right to so I should be content for a good while. And most of the riding I do these days is either solo or with cruisers so I have no need for the Buell. It's no fun to ride on back roads in 1st or 2nd gear with that bike. It just wants to go faster than cruiser speeds. And the Grom hits the rev limiter in 4th (top gear) at 70 MPH so that's no good for longer rides or highway rides. It's too much of a strain on the engine to drone along at 9,000 RPMs for more than a few minutes at a time. The Grom and Fat Bob are both staying so I have some variety.

Meet Bob - Fat Bob!

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 09-01-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Jato The Ripper? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ripper camo Tamiya Clod Buster 13 01-08-2005 10:51 AM