Default Re: Jato The Ripper?

Fine putt!!!

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2021, 06:07 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Tim, the good news...the news I've read so far...is that you ARE moving forward. It's difficult...but, you ARE doing it. You might be doing it slowly, but that's probably the best way. As I've mentioned privately, we all handle grief differently, and we need to move forward at different speeds. You're finding what speed works best for you. We may not have met...and we might never meet (especially since you don't like those long-distance rides, such as would be required to ride to California)...but, I am proud of you, and what you're accomplishing.

As for the Buell, I COMPLETELY understand your not wanting to get rid of it...and, for today completely different reasons. On one hand, it's your 'first bike'. While my first bike wasn't as fast, or as powerful - Honda CM-200T Twinstar - it was so my "first bike". Unlike a person's first car/truck, which is purchased primarily just to "get you around", a first bike is sorta-kinda an 'expression' of who you are...it becomes a "piece/extension of you", and you spend a LOT more time taking care of it. On the other hand, it's a Buell...a lost piece of 'mechanical art'. I remember when Eric sold his company to HD, I thought it was a big mistake, and those in the motorcycle media thought the same. Everyone knew what Harley would eventually do to the company, but no one would say it back then. I also remember when the XB9R 'Firebolt' Wes released...I wanted one, BAD. I even treat rode one (along with the Blast), but it was WAY out of my price range. I ended up with a Suzuki SV650...but, I never stopped wanting an XB9R. Before I could ever afford one, Harley "shut down" Buell...and, with it, my dreams of owning an XB9R. So, knowing/understanding the love of Buells, and knowing the 'love' of a first bike, I (and others) can understand why you wouldn't want to pay with it. On the 'plus' side, if you can get it to a new home where you know the person will take good care of it, that should help eliminate a good part of the 'loss', as you'll know it'll be well taken care of, and will be ridden as it should...into the sunset...and the following sunrise.

Remember, Tim... Live to Ride, Ride to Live. People always think it's just about Harleys, or motorcycles in general...but, it's about SO much more.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 09-02-2021 at 06:27 AM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

Hang in there, man.
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 03:48 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Glad you're moving forward. Counseling is good, but tough, and not all counselor's are work with all people. It's really a relationship and you have to mesh. As for the meds, well, I am not a fan. I don't like to feel not myself, good or bad. The meds to me always create a false state of being for me, so I can completely understand you there. It's good you have some positive outlets for your energy, and very nice on the newest purchase!
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #105

Thank you guys! I'm only moving forward because I HAVE to. I keep waking up despite my wishes not to some nights. I don't know if I said it, but I used to think anxiety and depression were made up "diseases". Then I met Sherri and that poor girl dealt with terrible anxiety at times. I learned that anxiety was something horrible that she dealt with and I was simply unable to I understand, but it was real. I did my best to console her in those moments.

And now I'm depressed myself because of losing Sherri. I obviously can't feel the emotions of others, but I can't imagine a couple being more in love than Sherri and I. People always say you have the memories and sometimes they help, but sometimes it makes it worse because you know there are no new ones to be made. Our new house looks like a college dorm. There's shit everywhere. I still go through weeks, like the past two, where I would prefer to sleep life away because I'm just so upset and lost. The past two days have been better so hopefully I'm on an upswing again. The doctor put me on some mood drug and then when I went into counseling they changed it. That drug was always making me tired so I stopped taking it. I definitely had withdraw from it because I was getting headaches and vertigo. I was so sick for a day or two. But I honestly don't think the drug was helping. I was sick of being tired and I'm one that despite the fact that I'm on probably two dozen life-sustaining pills a day, I try to avoid any other unnecessary drugs including Tylenol.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. I was talking to OSRC and another guy we trail with in our group message. OSRC was showing some of his cool builds and I kinda got the urge to get out again. So we'll see.

In the meantime I've been riding Bob. Although that kinda stopped this week with the way I was feeling. Tonight my Cobra El Diablo slip ons (Made in the USA) were delivered. I put those on right away and of course had to go for a test ride to hear it. I'm still not sold on the looks, but it sounds great! Although I'm not crazy about the look of any of the slip ons or full exhaust systems for the Fat Bob. I have Rinehart slip ons on order, but they were delayed three times already so I got impatient and ordered these Cobras. They were here in 2 days and are about $150 cheaper than the Rineharts. We'll see if I keep the Rineharts on order or cancel them.

JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:35 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

That scooter looks sweet! Sounds are important, Cobra has always made decent stuff.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Bob looks cool. She probably sounds manly. Looks like a bike I’d ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:36 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
What's up everybody? I hope you are all doing well!

Some of you are my friends on Facebook so you have seen what's going on in my life, but I wanted to update the rest of you. As you may have noticed I have been absent from this forum again. I am not sure how much I laid out in this thread before, but my RC's got put away for the most part last year because my girlfriend and I were looking to buy a house and that was my focus. Motorcycles also retook the lead as my favorite hobby. My girlfriend, Sherri, and I settled on our house in January 2021. I am still awaiting the delivery of the rest of the furniture that we ordered in January! The reason I say "I" is because my healthy girlfriend passed away from ****ing COVID on April 15th. That was just a couple of weeks before our 7th anniversary and only a few weeks before my 44th birthday. Today is the 22nd anniversary of my heart transplant and this is another day that I should be celebrating, but that's the last thing on my mind. I'm just trying to survive right now.

Neither of us were anti-vaxxers and we both thought COVID was real. We both took the precautions we were supposed to and I ****ing caught it at work most likely because of being immunosuppressed. I always thought I was the one at risk, but it just goes to show you that you never know. Doctors still don't know why it attacks some people and not the others. As the world reopens, like nothing ever happened, be careful out there!
I just found out about your girlfriend Tim. I am so so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences!

I'm not on here much lately.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:43 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Wow...this thread. And Jato. Someone sent me over here from his build thread. My wife of thirty years is also a 'sherry', but with a y. That completely sucks. I don't know what I would do.
She was diagnosed with lymphoma just over 20 years ago, and thought she would be long gone, surely by now. But no, the rest of the family is gone, but she's still kickin'. Losing your mate has to be the worst thing that could ever happen to anybody.

I've been away from here too. Covid sucks. Kept working - do a lot of government supplying, so never stopped. Didn't do much if any crawling, I wasn't going outdoors for fun wearing a face-diaper. We both got the virus in January, mild for us both, worse for me, but z-pack and steroids kept the pnumonia away, otherwise I'd likely be gone for reals. We are just getting back at it now, PLBF got me re-energized.

I had to sell all my motorcycles for old age. One more crash and I was gonna end up in a wheelchair. Took up e-mountain biking and just love it. I have two years to full retirement age - 66-1/2.

Well, lots of friendly faces and names I recognize. This site is still a far cry better than fakebook - I log in there a couple of times a month to find out what RC events there are. I keep telling them they need to move their activity off that pos platform. Nobody listens.

This place screwed up taking away the like button, otherwise it seems to continue on. You can't just bump somebody for something that's cool, you have to post. Post counts is what they're after, for ad revenue I guess. And there's way too much of that now too. Maybe I'll hang around...maybe I won't. LOL
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:31 AM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post

This place screwed up taking away the like button, otherwise it seems to continue on. You can't just bump somebody for something that's cool, you have to post. Post counts is what they're after, for ad revenue I guess. And there's way too much of that now too. Maybe I'll hang around...maybe I won't. LOL
@Browneye - I hope that you do stick around... I enjoy seeing your posts and hearing your opinion on things... same as I like to reading the input from most others on here. Although I say that as someone that has sincerely fallen off from the forum and the hobby over the last year or so. What a truly different and crazy world that we're a part of now. Never in all my years thought I'd ever live to see such a society as this. All I need now is to get a lobotomy and join facebook and live out the rest of my days with my wife wiping the drool and crust out of my crevices.

So, Tim... I've avoided this thread for several reasons... What you've been through just hits too damn close to home for me and also I think that as my own personal issues mount ( including health issues and increasingly frequent bouts of depression), it's often just too hard and sobering to reach out to others.

Anyway, I know you're not looking for any advice here. Seems that you've got a pretty solid handle on things. But I want to express my admiration for you regarding your honest transparency about what you've been through. That alone shows a great deal of integrity and strength. Takes so much to keep moving fwd when dealing with mental and physical challenges and at least for myself there are many days with the weight of that almost immobilizing rock pressing down on me... it's all I can do to simply lift myself up enough to keep from getting squashed by it. Other days are better but damn it's tough. Sometimes all I can do is count my blessings and try to feel thankful for the things that I DO have in my life.

And now I'm just rambling so just gonna say... you've got support, man. Don't ever forget that and as you know.. one day at a time, brother... one day at a time. Take care, Tim.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:32 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Glad you're moving forward. Counseling is good, but tough, and not all counselor's are work with all people. It's really a relationship and you have to mesh. As for the meds, well, I am not a fan. I don't like to feel not myself, good or bad. The meds to me always create a false state of being for me, so I can completely understand you there. It's good you have some positive outlets for your energy, and very nice on the newest purchase!

Agreed! I've got couple friends and family members on anti-depressants, they are not the same person turned them into kinda boring robot like people who used to be interesting to converse with. There are side effects such as thoughts of suicide....wait I thought they were supposed to make you feel better?!?!?? Talk with a good friend(s), God, meditate, yoga, TaiChi, a good counselor, RCC chat...well don't listen to all of us lol.

Harley bought Buell to kill competition and get there technology/R&D etc., I knew they'd kill it unfortunately. Those pipes look kinda not quite right, but it's all about how they work, pipes for combustion engines gotta have proper length, diameter, shape, cross-over (or Y pipe(s)) as I'm sure you're aware. Ride the ones that have the sound and powerband that you like.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, OMG that's sad, God bless her, send her on her way and God bless you and your family too.

Glad to see you're taking control of your life, keep going forward and things will improve.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #112
RCC Addict

When I lost my sister 6 years ago to breast cancer, What I found was it wasn't a matter of getting over her death but getting through it. I did get through it by staying busy and keeping my mind occupied and not being idle.

I don't know if I will ever get over it, but I did get through it. The pain of it is no longer there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Lost my little sister 7 yrs ago. Miss her tons! She got hit on her crotch rocket, bad deal. Lost my grandpa in '18, congestive heart failure, hed been fightin it awhile. Miss him tremendously. Like MaxD said, never goina get over the loss, but did get thru it. I think about them quite often. Just remember the good times n hold on to them, but dont stop livin for the next day. God has a purpose for all of us n he doesnt put more on us than we can handle
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
She got hit on her crotch rocket
Sorry for your loss, but this line made me LOL.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Sorry for your loss, but this line made me LOL.
Not wanting/trying to "as insult to injury", and the loss is sad...but, at the same time, the exact wording of that sentence is funny.

Now, for the reason I said what I said - through my life, I've found that humor/laughter can, quite often, be the best way to get through pain. When I injur myself, finding something "funny" about it almost always helps me get through it easier, and faster. When there's "exterior pain", such as the loss of my uncle two years ago, focusing of the most humorous things I could remember about him is what for me through that. Every cloud has a silver lining...and laughter is, truly, the "best medicine". No matter how "painful" (physically, emotionally, etc) a situation might be, of you have a way to see something...anything...humorous in it, use it to any advantage you can.

I'm not directing this specifically at Tim, as he & I have already discussed these things in considerable detail...I'm directing it at everyone who suffers pain in the future.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 04:51 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Damn I am extremely sorry for your loss jato. I can’t imagine the pain you are going through. Day by day the pain will get better, eventually you will be able to get back to normal which is what sherri would have wanted. Take as much time as you need, if you need help everyone will be here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 12:26 AM   #117
RCC Addict

DAMN.....I've known you through here like many of y'all,meet a few in person,this hit me.

Of course my condolences!

Glad you're doing better.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Some people die, 99.8% have little worse than the sniffles. It sucks but life ain't all peaches and cream.

I had the 'rona last June. I've had worse colds but the worst part was breathing deeply it felt like I was being kicked in the top of my chest for about a week. Little loss of taste & smell but it came back quickly.

My cousin had a blood clot clog his heart and he died. The 'rona definitely effects people differently.

Yep. Sorry to hear about your uncle.

@Jato, condolences for your girlfriend, natural immunity is the best and you've have the WuhanFlu so you should be ok now. I know one guy who's got the jab plus two boosters and he's had the sickness twice now.

Nice new bike!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 08:59 AM   #119

Thank you to all for the condolences. I don't wish losing your loved one on anybody. Appreciate who you have. I didn't. I lived life for me thinking there was no way that I wouldn't go first and man was I wrong. Sherri was going to be my wife, but life had other cruel and tragic plans.

This past year has been one of the most eventful of my entire life. I started dating a woman late last year and we became official early this year. Brandy makes me happier in a relationship than I have ever been and that is saying something after losing Sherri. Brandy is pretty much everything I said I wouldn't date - a woman with a child, red head, dog lover, PTO mom and a charitable volunteer. Somehow, she is my perfect match. So if you are single, don't rule people out... Funny thing is Brandy thinks blue eyes are creepy and she hates engineers and I check both of those boxes!

I've never been out of the country and Brandy got me to go on a cruise to Bermuda this summer. I freaking loved it and want to go back to Bermuda. My favorite part, of course, was riding scooters around the island since I am a motorcycle nut. I don't recommend it for weak riders though. The drivers there are INSANE.

Then on my mom's birthday in August, I was driving home from Brandy's house and passed out from low sugar. I am diabetic, but it had been controlled until this day. I rolled my Kia Soul and I woke up disoriented to people yelling and my right arm pinned under the car. Wear your seatbelt kids. I only learn the hard way. Don't be like me. I am claustrophobic so I freaked out. While in and out of consciousness and not having clear thinking, I kept working until my arm was free. Not sure if that was the best move because I felt my bones crunch and my arm bend when I pulled it out... My lower right arm had compound fractures of both bones, my right orbital bone was broken, and I had a 5" gash above my left eye. The pain was intense after the adrenaline wore off. This was the first weekend after I started a new job. Thankfully they have been more than accomodating! I now have 3.5mm thick stainless steel plates and a total of over 20 screws on my radius and unla bones. The gash was stitched and the right orbital bone healed on its own. Last Friday, almost 3 months after the accident, the bones have fully healed and the doctor released me from his care. Thankfully this was half the time originally anticipated because the doctor said it would probably take six months given my medical history and the fact that the bones were exposed to the elements. I have been going to occupational therapy to regain flexibility and now that the bones are healed I can work on regaining strength. I need to get ready for motorcycle season. The doctors, surgeon and most family and friends think I am crazy for even considering motorcycles again after what I went through, but I love riding. Even in the ER I remember being doped up on pain killers and continually saying I needed to be able to ride again.

I also recently got the urge to get back into RC. I miss the building and getting out on the trails with OSRC, my dad and some others. I hope to get my girlfriend's 9-year old son into it as well, but I honestly don't see that happening. He is not a car or motorcycle kid. Fingers crossed that I can changed that over time. I put a Traxxas TRX-4M on my Christmas list and now I bought a Vanquish VS4-10 Pro kit.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 09:18 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

DAMN!

Sounds like ya went through an awful lot recently...

Congrats on landing a new person to go through life with, and SURVIVING that accident!

Great to have you back, my man...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Jato The Ripper? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ripper camo Tamiya Clod Buster 13 01-08-2005 10:51 AM