RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Jato The Ripper? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/622415-jato-ripper.html)

smog 12-10-2020 09:07 PM

Jato The Ripper?

While there has been talk of this place slowly losing contribution, it seems the past number of months have seen this trend continue in pretty dramatic fashion.

Jato, for example has been a fixture on the forums since I first started logging into RC forums. When I began regularly using the URC platform he was already there. That continued here when that place went dark. Recently he began moderating here. Now appears to be completely absent.

Has he and everyone pulled a Jang and moved on to lego or...?

Sniper4370 12-10-2020 09:21 PM

Re: Jato The Ripper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smog (Post 6057311)
While there has been talk of this place slowly losing contribution, it seems the past number of months have seen this trend continue in pretty dramatic fashion.

Jato, for example has been a fixture on the forums since I first started logging into RC forums. When I began regularly using the URC platform he was already there. That continued here when that place went dark. Recently he began moderating here. Now appears to be completely absent.

Has he and everyone pulled a Jang and moved on to lego or...?

Funny you bring this up. I was just thinking of posting about Jato not being around tonight. Noticed it a while back. Hope all is well with him. Seems Topher is the lone mod now.

smog 12-10-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper4370 (Post 6057313)
Funny you bring this up. I was just thinking of posting about Jato not being around tonight. Noticed it a while back. Hope all is well with him. Seems Topher is the lone mod now.

It seems a number of recent regulars have vanished. Frank211 who was posting up all the new and obscure releases has also gone mia. There are many more i could name. Perhaps social media has gobbled them up.

Fricker08 12-10-2020 09:46 PM

It shows jato as being active yesterday, but who knows. Maybe he’s just not as involved as he was before. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smog 12-10-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fricker08 (Post 6057317)
It shows jato as being active yesterday, but who knows. Maybe he’s just not as involved as he was before. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ah, cool. Hope he does.

ScaleLifeNewbie 12-10-2020 11:15 PM

Jato The Ripper?

We have had a few private conversations in the past month or so. I think he’s doing alright. Probably just working, I wouldn’t worry too much. The title of this thread will definitely catch his attention, I’m sure he’ll chime in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikemcE 12-11-2020 04:42 AM

He was stuck at home, with Corona isolation.

Yo JATO!!!!!! White Courtesy Phone!!!

Hang up and Drive

B-MOW71 12-11-2020 06:29 AM

I've wondered the same!

Hey Jato, you out there!

OSRC 12-11-2020 06:32 AM

He's good, out riding his motorcycle. :) Taking a little break from RC.

People come and go on the forum for various reasons. Always have.

Greatscott 12-11-2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 6057354)
Taking a little break from RC.

People do that?

Weird.... :shock:

smog 12-11-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 6057358)
People do that?

Weird.... :shock:

:ror:

Glad to hear he is well and running wild

Where is Frank211?

tjohanne 12-12-2020 10:53 AM

And where's the WHITETRASH guy? I'm willing to pay a bit to have those guys up and running.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Topher Builds 12-12-2020 11:13 AM

Also Walsh, HPD, Durok, Shinchu, Codyboy... lots of people have been absent. Seems like since “the change” a while back that a noticeable amount of the main contributors before then have moved on, likely to face space and instagram.

I do commonly hear about people reading our build threads that don’t post here so please keep sharing, the knowledge and documented builds around here are a treasure.

WHITE-TRASH 12-12-2020 11:14 AM

I'm here, normally roam the tires, general and chit chat section exclusively. I'd probably do more with tech but the way the sections were merged makes it harder to follow what I want so I just do my own thing.

Sniper4370 12-12-2020 12:43 PM

@White-Trash, Glad to see you are still around buddy. I don't post often, not that anyone cares, but I am on everyday. What is this "change" people are referring to? Did I miss something?

WHITE-TRASH 12-12-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper4370 (Post 6057532)
@White-Trash, Glad to see you are still around buddy. I don't post often, not that anyone cares, but I am on everyday. What is this "change" people are referring to? Did I miss something?

When all the axial models were shoved into 1 spot it made it a bit annoying to follow what I was reading. I know it's first world problems at best but having to hit every section to keep up on stuff is annoying.

I've been tinkering on my capra a bit lately so maybe I'll update that soon.

Sniper4370 12-12-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 6057545)
When all the axial models were shoved into 1 spot it made it a bit annoying to follow what I was reading. I know it's first world problems at best but having to hit every section to keep up on stuff is annoying.

I've been tinkering on my capra a bit lately so maybe I'll update that soon.

Ahh.. gotcha! "thumbsup" Yeah, that was/is a bit annoying. Thought maybe everyone went to a different forum or something.

high plains drifter 12-12-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6057522)
Also Walsh, HPD, Durok, Shinchu, Codyboy... lots of people have been absent. Seems like since “the change” a while back that a noticeable amount of the main contributors before then have moved on, likely to face space and instagram.

I do commonly hear about people reading our build threads that don’t post here so please keep sharing, the knowledge and documented builds around here are a treasure.

Always great to see Topher, Durok, Shinchu, and Walsh around here. I still stop by but this year has had me really busy with home-remodeling projects. Plus, losing my job earlier this year has meant quite a reduced amount of disposable income for RC projects. I think a lot of people are reeling from this being such a messed up year in many ways... idk.

But I'll always come here... too old and unpopular for IG and fake-book!

BTW- Shout out to Justin and Ernie too! Hope that everyone has a prosperous incoming 2021. Please stay safe and keep crawlin'!

soze 12-12-2020 04:55 PM

I'm admittedly not as active daily as I used to be, but I eventually do catch up and mass post everything I've been doing. I'm still behind too. This year has been a bit challenging though, but I hope this forum can rebound eventually.

rkj__ 12-12-2020 05:34 PM

I got really busy with a move, so I was not around here much from August through October. Things have settled down for me and now I am excited about RC again, but it does seem like there are just a few less people here to share my excitement with than a few months ago.

Honestly, I am starting to hate this ancient forum software. It’s not great on a phone. I was using Tapatalk, but that app would drain my iPhone battery so fast. My phone was literally warm to the touch. It’s a pain to share photos here. That’s a big deal. Also the fact that this site is less secure than your average XXX site is just a little odd.