Notices

Thread: For What It's Worth On USPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: For What It's Worth On USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I think this thread is turning into a beat horse but just wanted to point out to OP that the mail sorting machines that were removed sort letters, bills, things like that. They don't sort packages. The backlog is due to the understaffing and high volume related to a general increase in e-business that was compounded by COVID. Everything works in a slinky effect...to say 'they should have known in June because COVID started in March" is just ridiculous I think.

They will get caught up after the holidays and we will find something else to over-analyze

Thank You..... real facts finally

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I went yesterday, and there was a line out the door but the workers were kicking ass, and I was out the door in about 30 minutes. There was a guy behind me yelling because he had 'been there for an hour'. Typically holidays fun.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Ordered from banggood on Nov 7th and nothing yet. I guess I wi be surprised if it ever shows up.

Sorry son your truck is ... somewhere.
2xDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Latest is an item shipped on December 14th, hasn't left the town it is shipping from since then. Again, UPS and FedEx are still running well, no idea what's up with the slowstal service.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Latest is an item shipped on December 14th, hasn't left the town it is shipping from since then. Again, UPS and FedEx are still running well, no idea what's up with the slowstal service.

USPS tracking is way off this year. Many of my shipments were scanned and not updated until it hit my PO, then all the tracking showed up. I’ve never seen this , but seems consistent this season

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
People can senselessly defend the USPS all they want, but if they can't perform the service they shouldn't be taking the shipper's money, period.

I understand that we are in unprecedented times, but at some point they should admit they can't handle the load and temporarily suspend new services.

Would you accept going to a restaurant and paying for food that was delivered to the wrong table? Or would you accept taking your car in for an oil change only to find out you paid for somebody else's new 10W-30 and Fram filter while your car sat in the parking lot?
Placed an order via ebay on Dec 8th from a shop in Phoenix, 2 hours South of my location

On the 9th I got notification that my parts had shipped and tracking info received.

Not a single update after that point. Tracking was non existent. 3 days after it’s expected delivery date I contacted the seller and they told me the PO is running slow and it’s out of their hands.

2 days later I got a tracking notification update!😲

My parts from Phoenix, 2 hours due South of me has been accepted in HOUSTON FRICKING TEXAS! 😡

Today’s Dec 21st and still no clue as to when or IF I’ll get my parts as they are still in Houston! 🙄

The snowflakes can blame Trump all they want, the PO issues have been ongoing for decades and it boils down to the fact that everything the goobermint runs, is not run well.

Goobermint’ unions, poor management, employee apathy, and piss poor service has been the norm for a very long time.

Time to privatize the PO and stop it being the bottomless pit of good money being thrown away😉
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

weird to see this, never had one issue with time or anything, must be the area..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

I've got 5 orders out (From Ebay) starting on Dec 7. Not one of them have shown a single update. 3 of them don't even show acceptance by the PO yet.

Regular mail is still flowing fine, but the packages are a complete meltdown.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:04 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I’m still waiting on a servo I ordered on the 2nd. Yet the lil novas arrived in 4 business days? I just want to drive my crawler.... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Placed an order via ebay on Dec 8th from a shop in Phoenix, 2 hours South of my location

On the 9th I got notification that my parts had shipped and tracking info received.

Not a single update after that point. Tracking was non existent. 3 days after it’s expected delivery date I contacted the seller and they told me the PO is running slow and it’s out of their hands.

2 days later I got a tracking notification update!

My parts from Phoenix, 2 hours due South of me has been accepted in HOUSTON FRICKING TEXAS!

Today’s Dec 21st and still no clue as to when or IF I’ll get my parts as they are still in Houston!

The snowflakes can blame Trump all they want, the PO issues have been ongoing for decades and it boils down to the fact that everything the goobermint runs, is not run well.

Goobermint’ unions, poor management, employee apathy, and piss poor service has been the norm for a very long time.

Time to privatize the PO and stop it being the bottomless pit of good money being thrown away

The POS USPS hasn’t been profitable in a long time. It has lost $69 BILLION in the past 11 years. How it’s still allowed to operate is beyond me. The main purpose of the USPS is to deliver junk mail anyway. I doubt anybody would miss junk mail. Think of how good the roads would be with an additional $69 billion. Pure insanity. My source link is below.

Only a fool would blame Trump, or any one President, for the failures of the post office.

Source: https://www.gao.gov/key_issues/us_po.../issue_summary
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

The shop received the package I sent them 65 miles away on the 3rd, today the 21st. I have yet to receive the two I am waiting for. I did get two present orders by UPS, one was a day late but no other issues with them.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I shipped a new TRX6 body to San Diego via UPS ground last Thursday with an expected delivery date of tomorrow.

Buyer just messaged me that it had arrived a day early.

Shocking. 🤣
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:28 AM   #54

Another $10 Billion wasted on the USPS. It's in the COVID stimulus bill.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor...stimulus-bill/
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

My Brother in law sent me this from his security camera a few days ago. With package thefts on the rise in our area and this is where they left it.
Yep that's where USPS left his package, right at the sidewalk. As you can see there is not a car blocking the driveway for access to the walkway to the door.

59sled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

I'm not dogging on the whole usps. They do have their plus sides and good employees. But I've never had any good tracking with uses. Any package I've ever had shows its elsewhere and than magically shoesnup on my door when it shows its in another state. Lucky former your post office guys and gals have got my packages right but I've had neighbors have packages shown up at other people's houses including my house as well. Like lots if other things out there it does its good, but also has its bad side as well.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
My Brother in law sent me this from his security camera a few days ago. With package thefts on the rise in our area and this is where they left it.
Yep that's where USPS left his package, right at the sidewalk. As you can see there is not a car blocking the driveway for access to the walkway to the door.

Well isn't that special, help the thieves out so they do not have to walk to far to steal your package.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

How do we know that was a USPS pkg? I'm not saying that it's not but we can't see the label on the pkg? Just a truck sitting by the driveway.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
How do we know that was a USPS pkg? I'm not saying that it's not but we can't see the label on the pkg? Just a truck sitting by the driveway.
The poster stated that it was on a security camera and a USPS Driver left the package there. Must have saw him or her do it in the footage.
Old 12-24-2020, 10:24 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

It's all in the attitude (UPS instead of USPS):

durok is offline   Reply With Quote

For What It's Worth On USPS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usps silver falcon Chit Chat 10 09-10-2013 04:06 AM
usps badhoopty Chit Chat 20 04-01-2012 01:04 AM
The USPS... OKJeepin Chit Chat 9 03-02-2012 01:35 PM
USPS Help DrunkDriver Chit Chat 5 06-06-2010 08:43 AM