Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: For What It's Worth On USPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2021, 11:58 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: For What It's Worth On USPS

Anytime I've ordered from Asiatees its taken 6-8 weeks to get something. I don't mind cause I'm not in a hurry to get it anyway.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Ordered from RPP Friday, delivered today to FL. USPS
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #83
RCC Addict

USPS, box was demolished and the contents were gone. In a bag that says “we care” sorry your package got delivered damaged but hope it didn’t inconvenience you. Also this package was shipped Jan 5th, from the east coast. Made it to the west coast in a few days before traveling back to the east coast where it sat for 2.5 weeks before being shipped back and delivered as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Sucks, for what is worth I am going through this same issue. I got a body here in trade, the shipper wrapped it up very nicely but looks like USPS used my box as a stool to check the top shelf.
A-holes !!!!
Just a reminder, might want to take insurance out on the next shipment. I never used to insure anything unless it was a full rig... yea I won't be doing that anymore. Can't trust these clowns.

crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:40 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Wow. That's insane. I'm hoping my PO didn't do that with my printer
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:22 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Sad update on this end. Mid February, Multiple orders from different suppliers are now at the Priority Mail 8 day point and counting. No clue by tracking where they are in the system. They can't use the holidays as an excuse, but I'm sure they have some other ones. I waited to order so there was plenty of time for them catch up. I wonder how long they can get away with crap service before changes are made?
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Waitin on a package from NH. Says est delivery was 2-20. Check tracking, still in NH smh. But i got the one from NY that i ordered at the same time as the one im waitin for. Daggum government crap
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:33 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

This is what I've heard locally.
5-6 weeks and the PO will be caught back up since C19 started.
If other carriers wouldn't dump their excess pkgs on the PO it would be quicker.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
This is what I've heard locally.
5-6 weeks and the PO will be caught back up since C19 started.
If other carriers wouldn't dump their excess pkgs on the PO it would be quicker.
I have heard the same also but I don't buy it. Covid had most retail stores closed March-June 2020 that caused online sales to explode. The Post office delivered on time with only a few day or two delays. Now most retail is open, Covid cases are going down but the Post Office is in some cases are weeks late in delivery. I now have 3 orders that have hit a week late coming from 3 different locations. I don't think the local offices are to blame it is the people working the distribution centers for what ever reasons are now unable to do their job properly.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:22 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Right the carriers are usually not to blame.
When I said other carriers dump pkgs on the po. I meant ups and fedex. USPS delivers the last mile on a lot of ups and fedex pkgs.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:31 AM   #91
Pebble Pounder

I guess I'll add some positivity to this discussion.

The birthday cards my mother mailed to me on Monday got to me on Wednesday.

Last Thursday, I ordered something from WI and it got to me in NH on Sunday.

I hope this rubs off for you all.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Put three checks in the mail on February 2nd to pay bills. None arrived. Now I get to pay late fees on said bills. Yeh for spending money I dont have to cover late fees I shouldn't have.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:55 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Put three checks in the mail on February 2nd to pay bills. None arrived. Now I get to pay late fees on said bills. Yeh for spending money I dont have to cover late fees I shouldn't have.
Same with a twist, a statement for a RV arrived in the mail on Feb. 22nd, sent payment out the 23rd. the bank received it on March 1st, was due on Feb 26th. Ant guess on who's fault it will be with a late fee?
Old 03-11-2021, 03:42 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
Same with a twist, a statement for a RV arrived in the mail on Feb. 22nd, sent payment out the 23rd. the bank received it on March 1st, was due on Feb 26th. Ant guess on who's fault it will be with a late fee?
Ive learned the hard way to pay mine online. Its quicker, easier, n some come out immediatly n others within a day or 2. Got tired of bein late due to usps n havin to pay the late fees
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:35 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Ive learned the hard way to pay mine online. Its quicker, easier, n some come out immediatly n others within a day or 2. Got tired of bein late due to usps n havin to pay the late fees

Just this week, my wife and I are discussing switching to online-pay for several of our more important bills like our mortgage... never received it this month. Same with one of our utility bills. After confirming that they were sent, looks like foul-up was with our local USPS... either delivered to neighbors or just flat out "lost in the mail".
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Default For What It's Worth On USPS

I’m done dealing with FedEx, all this increase in volume is a bear on these companies I know, but I have had 0 issues with ups, no issues with usps personally. But time and time again FedEx let’s me down. So if I have to pay double to have my stuff shipped by another carrier I will.
Latest amain order, requires direct signature. Which I understand, but my FedEx guy isn’t consistent so I left a signed note and asked if that wouldn’t work if they could leave it in my apartments Amazon hub, which gives us a password to access. Nope, I left work 20 min late and missed the guy by 15 min. I’m not going to be around today, when they wanted to reattempt delivery so I switched it to hold for pickup at the local Walgreens, 2 minutes from my house. Now it shows I can’t pick it up until Tuesday.. talk about being infuriated.

Last edited by Fricker08; 04-24-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I’m done dealing with FedEx, all this increase in volume is a bear on these companies I know, but I have had 0 issues with ups, no issues with usps personally. But time and time again FedEx let’s me down. So if I have to pu double to have my stuff shipped by another carrier I will.
Latest amain order, requires direct signature. Which I understand, but my FedEx guy isn’t consistent so I left a signed note and asked if that wouldn’t work if they could leave it in my apartments Amazon hub, which gives us a password to access. Nope, I left work 20 min late and missed the guy by 15 min. I’m not going to be around today, when they wanted to reattempt delivery so I switched it to hold for pickup at the local Walgreens, 2 minutes from my house. Now it shows I can’t pick it up until Tuesday.. talk about being infuriated.

That makes me mad reading this!

I have had the polar opposite experience as you, FedEx is the most reliable, then comes USPS then UPS. The last 2 packages that came via UPS have been beat up pretty good, one of them being my Ender 3 box. Thankfully nothing inside was broken, but it still looked like they punted it all the way across the loading facility.

Side note, my past few Amain orders have automatically selected FedEx for some reason instead of USPS like normally. FedEx normally only gets selected on the bigger packages, but they shipped my new motor by FedEx for free...? Very strange that FedEx was free where USPS was $5 or so.

SCX10ii Yota
TRX-4 Bronco
Old 04-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Man oh Man...... USPS has always been my savior and my rock almost never failing me but in the last year and the beginning of this year it has been terrible!!!!! and last week I had 2 orders coming the same day one from 3 Brothers RC for 140.00$ and I bought a TGH 2.0 Low Trans on here from a really cool guy for 160.00$ and both these packages were scheduled to come on Monday and we so happen to be home that day and we saw the mail lady come by and I went out to the box and nothing there so I checked all the boxes down the street and nothing!!! Checked tracking number and said delivered so I called the local office and as usual they said they would call me back and they did not so Finally I staked out yesterday and intercepted the mail lady and she admitted she mistakenly delivered my packages to the wrong address and I asked why she hasn't delivered them to me with no answer and again today I waited and chatted again with her and asked to please deliver both packages! SO right now im shit out of luck!!! Now on the positive side they do delivery 99% of everything that gets ordered so why am I so frustrated!!!!!
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Man oh Man...... USPS has always been my savior and my rock almost never failing me but in the last year and the beginning of this year it has been terrible!!!!! and last week I had 2 orders coming the same day one from 3 Brothers RC for 140.00$ and I bought a TGH 2.0 Low Trans on here from a really cool guy for 160.00$ and both these packages were scheduled to come on Monday and we so happen to be home that day and we saw the mail lady come by and I went out to the box and nothing there so I checked all the boxes down the street and nothing!!! Checked tracking number and said delivered so I called the local office and as usual they said they would call me back and they did not so Finally I staked out yesterday and intercepted the mail lady and she admitted she mistakenly delivered my packages to the wrong address and I asked why she hasn't delivered them to me with no answer and again today I waited and chatted again with her and asked to please deliver both packages! SO right now im shit out of luck!!! Now on the positive side they do delivery 99% of everything that gets ordered so why am I so frustrated!!!!!

The factor In having 2 P.O. Boxes because your street address isn’t deliverable and if you don’t put In the P.O number exactly like they want it they won’t deliver it. Like c’mon man, if you see the numbers in the second address line(weather it has a pound symbol or not) then you should automatically know that’s a P.O. Box. SMH.

SCX10ii Yota
TRX-4 Bronco
Old 04-24-2021, 11:55 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Honeyman, I’d be livid... especially if the gal admitted fault and has not or can’t correct it. I hope you get your parts, keep us posted

For What It's Worth On USPS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usps silver falcon Chit Chat 10 09-10-2013 04:06 AM
usps badhoopty Chit Chat 20 04-01-2012 01:04 AM
The USPS... OKJeepin Chit Chat 9 03-02-2012 01:35 PM
USPS Help DrunkDriver Chit Chat 5 06-06-2010 08:43 AM
Usps trickedoutTLT06 Chit Chat 6 07-09-2007 08:46 PM