Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Who still trusts the plan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2021, 04:49 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Who still trusts the plan?

Now that this discussion has shifted to more serious business... There are a few things in life that I am very particular about (okay, maybe a lot of things) and t.p. is most definitely one of them... Quilted Northern 2 ply in the double roll all the way. Those stupid Mega rolls cause too much drag until you've used them down to about 75%. The 3 ply feels like wiping with a down comforter, the aloe stuff feels like you're just greasing it (have you ever tried to clean peanut butter out of shag carpet?), and 1 ply, who the f*** uses that by choice!?!? I guess 1 ply is good for the 4 corner method (poke your finger through the middle of the square, then use 1 corner to clean your finger... 4 uses PER SQUARE!) but when faced with using 1ply these days, I just take the roll off the spool, pinch the whole thing in half and let the eraser work its magic. Oh how I could go on about this....
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

You know, I honestly can't remember what brand it was now, but Mom used to say that she wouldn't buy it because "It was so rough it would leave splinters on your ass!"
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanotis View Post
Not true! In Austrailia they're concerned enough about some crazy poisonous bug crawling in and sitting out of site on the back of the roll, that they ALWAYS hang the paper over the front. This way you see the creepy crawly as it rolls over the top of the roll. Otherwise, you might know know it's there till it's in close proximity to your neathers!
My most humble apologies. To my recollection, I never actually dropped a duce out in town when I was down under, I always waited until I was back on board the boat. So, I never had firsthand knowledge of how the tickets were hung. I can say the water does swirl the opposite direction down there, which really freaks you out when you are piss drunk. What also freaks you out is being piss drunk while taking the bus back to the boat and the oncoming cars are in the wrong lane.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Well I'm the only one in my house that hangs the paper...so there's that. Too much work for the ladies to handle I guess lol. For that matter I am the only one that refills it, makes sure we have enough backup...if left to their plan it might get sketchy around here.

As much as I dislike being single, the past few months have taught me how much tp women really use. We used to go through a 4pack every week it seemed like. When the great tp shortage hit, I looked in the closet, seen 3 rolls and was like “yeah, I’m good for the year” lol.

Kinda jealous of the 2 current roommates, they can be at a dead sprint in the yard, stop, drop a log, kick grass a few times and they’re back to running. Those furry 4 legged dudes have it made...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #45
RCC Addict

LetterJ, u had me rollin brother! That was hilarious!

Id love to go to australia. Im sure crocodile dundee is a bit off from reality, but made it seem really interesting to wanna go.

I feel u austin. My wife n kids are at the in laws cause of this corona crap, so im at the house alone right now. A roll lasts me forever! We got 2 big packs n 2 4 packs in the cabinet. Theyll last forever or atleast til they get to come home lol. Unfortunantly, the wife n 2 of our kids have had it twice. Ive not had it, thank God!
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
Meh I don't care either. Just illustrating how unimportant I think Qanon is.

I’d rather talk TP myself, and this was more for curiosity. I wouldn’t say it’s unimportant though. They stormed the US Capitol, some people were killed, etc. I don’t have time for social media, other than this and the traxxas forum occasionally.

There are a lot of people hurting, rudderless, and they’ve found common cause. It has the potential to accelerate in ways that could affect us all. Glad to see they haven’t infiltrated the tiny toy truck enthusiasts.

spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
I’d rather talk TP myself, and this was more for curiosity. I wouldn’t say it’s unimportant though. They stormed the US Capitol, some people were killed, etc. I don’t have time for social media, other than this and the traxxas forum occasionally.

There are a lot of people hurting, rudderless, and they’ve found common cause. It has the potential to accelerate in ways that could affect us all. Glad to see they haven’t infiltrated the tiny toy truck enthusiasts.

Meh I've been around a minute and the only difference I see is a social media/Google cocktail of expert ignorance.Americans have always been opinionated self centered finger pointing assholes, nothing new under the sun. Qanon is not the first tinfoil hat group and won't be the last. If you really think this is a bad season for this country you really should read some history books, it's been one race riot/civil war/protest away from the edge since the tea party. Honestly I am impressed we keep it together so well considering.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:52 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post

But seriously... quilted 5 ply angel feather 5000 thread count toilet paper is pointless for me. That fancy stuff gets hung up in there like a sheep squeezing through a doggie door coated in maple syrup. I used to be a die-hard Angel Soft user but early on in the pandemic I realized that wiping my ass with anything is better than wiping my ass with nothing. The only thing that we could find was a cheap-o brand called Hill Country Fare. It's kind of the equivalent of Walmart's Great Value brand. But I'll be damned... It works just fine! And it's a lot cheaper than the other name brand toilet papers. So even now that everything is back in stock, we still use the HCF brand. I have no issues with it at all and on the rare occasion that I do, that's on me for eating too much of something that I shouldn't have.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:56 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

So to sum it up.... No issues with the tissues?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:00 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post

But seriously... quilted 5 ply angel feather 5000 thread count toilet paper is pointless for me. That fancy stuff gets hung up in there like a sheep squeezing through a doggie door coated in maple syrup. I used to be a die-hard Angel Soft user but early on in the pandemic I realized that wiping my ass with anything is better than wiping my ass with nothing. The only thing that we could find was a cheap-o brand called Hill Country Fare. It's kind of the equivalent of Walmart's Great Value brand. But I'll be damned... It works just fine! And it's a lot cheaper than the other name brand toilet papers. So even now that everything is back in stock, we still use the HCF brand. I have no issues with it at all and on the rare occasion that I do, that's on me for eating too much of something that I shouldn't have.
Oh, no, no, no, no...

After years of suffering with half-ply Navy issue TP, I have made the executive decision that it will only be the 6-ply Northern taking care of business.

I do have to credit the Navy on their cost savings and utility as far as TP goes. They really spared no expense when it comes to TP, and I mean no expense at all. The great thing about is if you are cleaning rust off of a steel deck and run out of 200-grit, you just grab a roll of TP and continue working. In fact, it will normally take more rust off than an industrial grinder.

Of course, the same is true for the Navy issued cool-aid, or "bug-juice", as we called it. There is nothing better to clean a shitter than a pack of that stuff, black cherry to be specific. Dump a packet of that stuff in, let it sit for about 20 minutes, giving it a stir to get above the water line, and you have a shitter cleaner and more sterile than an operating room.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:58 AM   #51
RCC Addict

But what I want to know is if Costco in the US sells the TP as up here in Canada.

That Kirkland brand extra wide 2-ply is the stuff that dreams are made of. I think it's because it's made using virgin pulp from the boreal rainforest, environmentally it's about the worst TP that money can buy but in terms of user experience there is no comparison...
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

OK, another serious question that came up via a bar conversation with a TP sales guy; Are you a folder, or a wadder? In other words, do you carefully get your required amount and fold it neatly, or do you just spin the roll like a roulette wheel then make a giant wad out of it?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Oh, no, no, no, no...

After years of suffering with half-ply Navy issue TP, I have made the executive decision that it will only be the 6-ply Northern taking care of business.

I do have to credit the Navy on their cost savings and utility as far as TP goes. They really spared no expense when it comes to TP, and I mean no expense at all. The great thing about is if you are cleaning rust off of a steel deck and run out of 200-grit, you just grab a roll of TP and continue working. In fact, it will normally take more rust off than an industrial grinder.

Of course, the same is true for the Navy issued cool-aid, or "bug-juice", as we called it. There is nothing better to clean a shitter than a pack of that stuff, black cherry to be specific. Dump a packet of that stuff in, let it sit for about 20 minutes, giving it a stir to get above the water line, and you have a shitter cleaner and more sterile than an operating room.

So many beautiful images!
Old 01-19-2021, 12:52 PM   #54

Paper?
dugans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

As far as the toilet paper thing, Lowes and Home Depot always has it, it's called, "A Bag of Rags"
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #56
RCC Addict

I bet that we've all got some pretty vividly nasty stories of less than proud moments. Hell I can think of several right off the top of my head.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:23 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
OK, another serious question that came up via a bar conversation with a TP sales guy; Are you a folder, or a wadder? In other words, do you carefully get your required amount and fold it neatly, or do you just spin the roll like a roulette wheel then make a giant wad out of it?

Definantly a folder. Gotta get your moneys worth out of it. I dont k ow how anybody can wad it up to wipe lol. 1 swipe n u gotta get more...
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugans View Post
Paper?
You use the 3 seashells?
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Fold or go home lol. Wadding it up is both inefficient and leaves room for coverage shortfall. Do not want. I wash my hands just because, not just because if u get my drift
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:53 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
You use the 3 seashells?
Could be corn cobs, used to be that or the not shiny Sears catalog pages, way back when.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Who still trusts the plan? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
so when should we plan the next one ? DeweyCJ5 Nebraska 9 05-31-2014 07:18 AM
Plan B sniper EnRoute Berg 55 11-14-2013 06:27 AM
3d plan coolix General Scale Talk 7 02-26-2012 03:16 PM
Somehow I don't think this was the plan... XSRCdesign Chit Chat 3 11-01-2008 04:44 PM