Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So when are RCC changes coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: So when are RCC changes coming?

I take the search button with a grain of salt. Honestly, it’s easier for me to type my question or keyword into google and add rccrawler at the end then it brings up a bunch of posts that way. But to each their own. I use Tapatalk 99.9% of the time though so I don’t have too many complaints other than it rarely shows for sale ads as new posts. I have to go in and look for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I say bring back the good old live streams with Jason, Harley and 6 cans of stunt spray.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:06 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I take the search button with a grain of salt. Honestly, it’s easier for me to type my question or keyword into google and add rccrawler at the end then it brings up a bunch of posts that way. But to each their own. I use Tapatalk 99.9% of the time though so I don’t have too many complaints other than it rarely shows for sale ads as new posts. I have to go in and look for myself

my complaint regarding for sale ads is, let's say I log on at 7pm, I look at the sale section and no new ads. Then again at say 9pm. It will show there is an ad from like 3:30. anything worth buying is already sold.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
my complaint regarding for sale ads is, let's say I log on at 7pm, I look at the sale section and no new ads. Then again at say 9pm. It will show there is an ad from like 3:30. anything worth buying is already sold.
Thats the same thing it does to me. Alot of us miss out on any chance of gettin somethin needed. Rather aggrevatin
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post

Yea man, the same thing happens to me. Idk if that timeline is when it was posted or when it was approved. But yea it’s pretty frustrating lol

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

The For Sale posts are timestamped at the actual time that they were posted but don't show up until they are manually approved. If you visit the site between the time an ad is posted and the time it is approved, it will show up as an old post the next time you visit. I agree that this is incredibly frustrating.

To be honest, there isn't any real reason for these posts to have to be manually approved anyway. I am on other forums FAR larger than this and for sale ads are posted immediately. You'll see some spam from time to time, but they get reported and moderators take it down.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:47 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I dont know if this is a fluke or what but I just noticed there is no longer an ad popping up when clicking on new posts (on PC at least). The time limit on searches also seems to be gone.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 02-23-2021 at 06:31 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:12 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I still get the ad on my phone. It only pops up 1 time though, so thats good. Hoping to see good changes soon though...
Old 02-23-2021, 06:36 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

i would love to be able to load pics directly from my phone...but i guess that wont happen any time soon, i dont even know if that is even posssible on this platform.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
i would love to be able to load pics directly from my phone...but i guess that wont happen any time soon, i dont even know if that is even posssible on this platform.

I paid $10 for the Tapatalk premium and can download unlimited photos from my phone/iPad or whatever. Definitely worth it, less than $1 a month to not worry about some sketchy hosting site...no I’m not a Tapatalk salesman lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:04 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Yes all the google ads are VERY annoying. It would drive me away if I was a new user honestly. I understand trying to make some revenue from the site though to help costs.
Honestly Im really surprised how active it still is here on RCC. Certainly isnt how it used to be but I know facebook groups have decimated most forums.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:16 AM   #32
RCC Addict

I dont have fakebook, its nothin but he said she said drama. But even at that, not the best place to try n log a build. It would be nice to see more people here on RCC n new builds. But everybody is wrapped up on fb, the 'i know everything' site lol. N thats exactly y we got rid of it...
Old 02-24-2021, 04:20 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

I don't follow much crawler stuff on FB except my local group. But I don't go here much either because the forum software sucks. Some forums that didn't get stuck in the past century (technologically) are alive and well, eg Arrmaforum. This thing needs a serious overhaul. A change of platform to XenForo or something - which would take a buncha time and money...
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:46 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

and then?............
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Bump....
Old 05-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying to think of all the changes I've seen here since I signed up near its beginning. Granted, I'm not always so observant, but let's see, there was a short lived "like" button, and somewhere along the line the traditional 12 days of Christmas giveaways dissapeared. Other than that, still feels like home.

I despise the book of faces! That is all.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:22 AM   #37
Pebble Pounder

The site certainly feels a little old school, and the various short cut "features" like Todays Posts and New Posts and so on don't really work as expected, at least not all the time, every time. That said it could be much much worse, and from the sound of things in this thread alone I suspect some of the users are a little outdated as well. That's not a dig, I just mean it sounds like some people could benefit from getting to know a more modern browser, maybe some ad blockers, that sort of thing.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Any word on new changes to RCC? Its been awhile since we heard even the slightest bit of news. Thought id check in about it
Old 06-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #39
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Any word on new changes to RCC? Its been awhile since we heard even the slightest bit of news. Thought id check in about it

Nope
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Oh shoot, someone mentioned the like button we had. I actually got an infraction from Badger for abusing the like system. I couldn't help it, I liked everything I read here. There was a lot of really cool stuff going on.
Bring back the hottest wife threads, the awesome contests for earning a star... the good shit. The good old days when being called an asshole was an honor and a privilege.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote

So when are RCC changes coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC Crawl before you walk T-Shirt giveaway! badger Chit Chat 399 01-22-2009 07:14 PM
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC olive drab "army" T-Shirt giveaway! badger General Crawlers 367 01-22-2009 07:01 PM