Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So when are RCC changes coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #101
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: So when are RCC changes coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I'm less concerned with site changes but more concerned about finding ways to re-invigorate the site and bring it back to the thriving hub that it used to be.

Having said that, I'm just as guilty as anyone for not posting more or trying to create engaging content that people want to talk about. I just find that social media has burned me out on everything online and I just can't find the energy to post nowadays. My exhaustion primarily comes from the FB and Reddit crowds that are so bogged down with bad info and anytime you try to help, you get attacked by a bunch of inexperienced (but often well intentioned) people that think they know better and feel the need to increase their ego by attacking yours. I'm even surprised I finished this post, three times I almost deleted it because I just can't be bothered to engage online.
Good on you for trying. It sounds as though you have gotten a lot further with online discourse than I have. I bailed on social media platforms years back. Countless times I have started replies and then just bailed on them altogether. I have come to realize many people post simply to be heard and because they desire to be a voice of authority. I can't be bothered to care about it anymore. The online world is a gong-show, love it or leave it. Personally, I would rather read a book.
I agree however, RCC is one of very few sites I regularly visit. It would be nice if it had a more user friendly interface moderated by some of the hobbies more experienced users
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2021, 05:38 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Im sure someone has already touched on this in this very thread, but... N dont get me wrong, ill gladly support RCC by buyin a star. But if i remember correctly, by buyin a star, it says u can post (i think) unlimited pics. But it takes a 3rd party host to post directly from a cell phone. Which the ones ive found cost around $10 ish. So u pay $20 for a RCC star, then have to pay addl 3rd party to upload pics. N again, ill gladly buy a star, thinkin about goin with the $50 one next time. The thing is, wouldnt it b so much better to upload dirctly to RCC than to have to pay a 3rd party? Tapatalk was free, but they changed awhile back. U can still upload for free, but its limited to 1 pic at a time iirc. Or pay for a sub to upload multiple at one time.

Id love to see RCC updated so that we can upload directly without a 3rd party. N i agree with smog n many others, we need mods that can make those changes n want to make this place thrive again. Not just put it at the back of a shelf n forget about it. Theres tons of info n a whole family of people here. Id hate to see it all go to waste
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:04 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Im sure someone has already touched on this in this very thread, but... N dont get me wrong, ill gladly support RCC by buyin a star. But if i remember correctly, by buyin a star, it says u can post (i think) unlimited pics. But it takes a 3rd party host to post directly from a cell phone. Which the ones ive found cost around $10 ish. So u pay $20 for a RCC star, then have to pay addl 3rd party to upload pics. N again, ill gladly buy a star, thinkin about goin with the $50 one next time. The thing is, wouldnt it b so much better to upload dirctly to RCC than to have to pay a 3rd party? Tapatalk was free, but they changed awhile back. U can still upload for free, but its limited to 1 pic at a time iirc. Or pay for a sub to upload multiple at one time.

Id love to see RCC updated so that we can upload directly without a 3rd party. N i agree with smog n many others, we need mods that can make those changes n want to make this place thrive again. Not just put it at the back of a shelf n forget about it. Theres tons of info n a whole family of people here. Id hate to see it all go to waste

How are you posting? I can add directly from my phone under 5he manage attachments tab, then again I'm using Chrome. Tapacrap, was exactly that even after I paid the upgrade fee. Went back to Chrome and haven't had any problems.

I think this forum, or most forums in general are at the same stage as CDs were when MP3s came to fruition.

Last edited by Gula; 08-01-2021 at 06:09 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:55 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
How are you posting? I can add directly from my phone under 5he manage attachments tab, then again I'm using Chrome. Tapacrap, was exactly that even after I paid the upgrade fee. Went back to Chrome and haven't had any problems.

I think this forum, or most forums in general are at the same stage as CDs were when MP3s came to fruition.
Ive got chrome, but it wont let me upload pics from my phone. I can create links to pics, but thats a pain for everybody else to have to go thru to see pics
Old 04-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

And then?......
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #106
RCC Addict

^^^^I was wondering this vwry thing the other day. Any update to this?
Old 04-01-2022, 05:49 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Use Imgur for picture hosting? its free
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:22 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

so nothing happened...i am grateful for the few mods that are still around trying to their work, but i also feel bad for them as they seem to have been left alone without any support from the higher ups if there are any....
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 01:11 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
so nothing happened...i am grateful for the few mods that are still around trying to their work, but i also feel bad for them as they seem to have been left alone without any support from the higher ups if there are any....
Same. The owners could see 100 people post the same thing that you just did and they wouldn't even lift a finger to make positive changes or become even slightly involved or concerned. Most uncaring and out of touch Admin ever in the history of forums. They should be completely ashamed.

And yep.. Mike was left to almost single-handedly field all questions, site issues, etc... with seemingly little control. He's a level-headed and very competent guy that could've really made this forum so much better but the owners would rather he and the other mods try to keep this place functioning blindfolded with one hand tied behind their backs. It's absolutely inexcusable for Admin to have just thrown literally ANY responsibility to this community in the garbage but yet here we are.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 09:16 AM   #110
Go Buckeyes!

Welp, I've lost the ability to post pictures and I've noticed that my GOLD STAR is no longer under my name. I don't think my yearly membership is up yet, but I guess I need to check. I do now have a green star under my name.

Looks like I'll be using Tapatalk to post pics until this place dies off completly!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 02:50 PM   #111
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Welp, I've lost the ability to post pictures and I've noticed that my GOLD STAR is no longer under my name. I don't think my yearly membership is up yet, but I guess I need to check. I do now have a green star under my name.

Looks like I'll be using Tapatalk to post pics until this place dies off completly!

Looks like its back to me
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 05:48 PM   #112
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Looks like its back to me
Thanks Mike! The magic you cast worked wonders!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote

So when are RCC changes coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC Crawl before you walk T-Shirt giveaway! badger Chit Chat 399 01-22-2009 07:14 PM
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC olive drab "army" T-Shirt giveaway! badger General Crawlers 367 01-22-2009 07:01 PM