Old 02-06-2021, 06:59 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default So when are RCC changes coming?

Really just hoping to see some renewing on here
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: So when are RCC changes coming?

Bring back the days when people made stuff with their hands and it wasn't cool to have plastic printed parts... especially bumpers and sliders.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If we could disable the Google Viginette ads on searches, that would be great. Kicks in a resubmit and makes you wait 60 seconds.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
Bring back the days when people made stuff with their hands and it wasn't cool to have plastic printed parts... especially bumpers and sliders.
Yup,i stiil do so of my own crappy stuff, but if i have the tools and the possibility of building it myself, i'll don it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
If we could disable the Google Viginette ads on searches, that would be great. Kicks in a resubmit and makes you wait 60 seconds.
Yes, that is a major pain in the behind.
Also the possibility to load pictures directly to the site from the cell, tablet or whatever gizmo you are carrying would be great, maybe?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post

Agreed, as a star holder I only have to wait 5 seconds but its still an annoyance as this shouldn't be popping up anyway. Its treating closing an ad like you've searched twice when you havent actually.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Agreed, as a star holder I only have to wait 5 seconds but its still an annoyance as this shouldn't be popping up anyway. Its treating closing an ad like you've searched twice when you havent actually.
Agree, I go to for sale section first now, then hit the new posts button and it still tells me sometimes to wait 15 seconds to do another search! I didn't even search in the first place!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
While 3d printing is neat I don't get the need for every nerd to have a printer to print the same craptastic breakage prone parts over and over. I use a lot of printed stuff but it's all from shapeways so it's totally different than home gamer garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Yup,i stiil do so of my own crappy stuff, but if i have the tools and the possibility of building it myself, i'll don it.

Yes, that is a major pain in the behind.
Also the possibility to load pictures directly to the site from the cell, tablet or whatever gizmo you are carrying would be great, maybe?
Whatever software that Austin used when he made www.irate4x4.com is fantastic on any device and uploads are a cake walk. Seamless and simple too.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:02 PM   #8
RCC Addict

First- Without having a star I don't feel like I can really complain about anything. But... When I log on here and then hit "new posts", immediately a pop-up ad appears in the middle of the screen. I then have to wait a few seconds for the new post page to actually show. I've never had this issue on any other forum and it's a bit irritating. Part of the reason for my aggravation is that there also appears to be a lag or an overlap with these ads... occasionally taking me to the pop-up ad's site rather than the new post page.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I use both Tapatalk and the website. I personally prefer Tapatalk just because of the other forums I’m on all being in the same place and no pop-up adds-but both have there pros and cons. The website definitely has a lot of pop-ups. Even though my Tapatalk notifications are like 2hrs delayed, I still prefer it.

RCC could use an update, but, for me atleast, it comes down to that pop-up add after clicking the “Forum” button.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:37 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post

Download the Tapatalk app for your phone or tablet and you can do this. No need for a third party. It's a beautiful thing.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:55 PM   #11
RCC Addict

If u are typing in rccrawler.com to come to the site, add /forum to it n it brings u straight to the forum, not the home page. When i click on a thread for the first time, i get a pop-up, just click the x n it doesnt happen again. As for the search button, it wont let me use it. I click on the box to type, but as soon as i start to type, it closes. Other than that, i dont have any issues. But if theyre goina update the site, it would be nice to upload directly instead of having to have a host site like tapatalk etc.

Just my $0.02
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:04 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
If u are typing in rccrawler.com to come to the site, add /forum to it n it brings u straight to the forum, not the home page. When i click on a thread for the first time, i get a pop-up, just click the x n it doesnt happen again. As for the search button, it wont let me use it. I click on the box to type, but as soon as i start to type, it closes. Other than that, i dont have any issues. But if theyre goina update the site, it would be nice to upload directly instead of having to have a host site like tapatalk etc.

Just my $0.02

Yup, screw the home page, I always save my links directly to the forums.

Search works fine from a phone etc if you go to advanced search and not quick search.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I was hoping that RCC was going to adsorb scale4x4rc amongst other things.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:30 PM   #14
Donkey Punch Champion!

Draw the crowds back...Get people off faKebook and land here, then buy a supporting star. Tell your friends get them to join. Let's get the money movin and things happen. Pretend this place is GameStop.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:39 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup, lets go back to the ey-olden-times. Forget all of this technology stuff and new tools. Lets go back to when our rigs were hoops and our remotes were the sticks we pushed them with.

And, lets bring back the days when a new kid had to be brave or stupid to post a question because he had a likely chance of getting punched in the face... yup, those were the days...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Draw the crowds back...Get people off faKebook and land here, then buy a supporting star. Tell your friends get them to join. Let's get the money movin and things happen. Pretend this place is GameStop.
100%...

Need to get new blood in here, and get the blood pumping for the people that have been around a while. One way to do that is to encourage vendors to do giveaways again (not that I actually won anything).

Farcebook has its place, it is 100% better than RCC for organizing an event. But it sucks for any kind of archive. Plus, people just don't make an attempt to see if the question has been asked before, like they are the first one who had ever had the thought of putting an aftermarket servo in a Honcho.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:53 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Default So when are RCC changes coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
they are the first one who had ever had the thought of putting an aftermarket servo in a Honcho.
Just like the 1:1 truck FB pages. look on F150 Nation and see how many people are asking “can I fit 35s with a level?”

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 02-07-2021 at 12:07 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:53 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Yup, lets go back to the ey-olden-times. Forget all of this technology stuff and new tools. Lets go back to when our rigs were hoops and our remotes were the sticks we pushed them with.

And, lets bring back the days when a new kid had to be brave or stupid to post a question because he had a likely chance of getting punched in the face... yup, those were the days...!

Those were the days when we had to figure things out using deductive reasoning, troubleshooting skills and common sense. Now most so much knowledge is at everyone's fingertips and the new generations apparently don't know how to search to know anything because they already know everything. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

The old days when we had to search to find knowledge taught us more than asking questions and ignoring the answers ever will. A bit of noob flaming is good for the group as a whole.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:42 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Wen i first got on here, it was alot of reading, n i hate to read (because my 9th grade teacher forced me too). The search button is a magical thing, if u know how to massage it just right. Alos learned quite a bit not only askin qurstions, but trial n error too. But the younger generation would rather someone do it for them. N a lil flaming every now n then never hurt anybody, builds character. But there again, the younger generation cant take a lil flame to thier tail. To sensitive n insecure for that now a days. Theyd never make it with the guys i work with, let alone some of yall here lmbo.

But i agree, they need to come here n get away from fakebook. That place aint nuthin but drama! Me n the wife deleted our accounts yrs ago because of it, n dont miss it wat so ever. Wat i know of it though, i dont see how anybody could have any kind of info logged like we do here.

Long live RCC!!!!!!!
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Well that’s just horse shit thinking 🖕🏻
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

i thought we just went though a major change here at rcc
the google vigonete virus is.easy to get rid off or atleast disable it
i use a firefox addon called ghostery no more adds of any kind on any site
there is saposed to be a way to turn it off i crome too but i never used it
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote

So when are RCC changes coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC Crawl before you walk T-Shirt giveaway! badger Chit Chat 399 01-22-2009 07:14 PM
Happy Birthday RCC - RCC olive drab "army" T-Shirt giveaway! badger General Crawlers 367 01-22-2009 07:01 PM