Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Samsung Android 10" tablet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2022, 11:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Samsung Android 10" tablet.

My tablet just keeps randomly restarting itself and what I've found on the interwebs isn't really helping me. Has anyone here ever experienced this?
offroad1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Samsung Android 10" tablet.

Have you tried factory resetting it yet?

From what I remember, that requires starting from powered off, then hold down the Home button, the Volume Up button, and the Power button all at the same time - then release once you get an image on the screen and follow the prompts after it cycles through the Android update images.

It may need a replacement battery, if it's a model that has one.

Some electronic devices just get to where they begin to overheat at a certain interval and that will trigger a restart.

If yours is to that point, you may be out of luck.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Factory reset should be your LAST RESORT. If suggest first try clearing the tablet's cache. First, shut the tablet down. Then, press & hold the 'volume down' button, and, while holding, press & hold the 'power' button. As the tablet boots, you'll first set the Samsung logo come onscreen for several seconds, and then disappear. A few seconds later, you should see the "Android" image, and a triangle, flash onscreen. Within a few seconds, you should see the "Recovery" menu.

When you see the "Recovery" menu, press the 'volume down' several times, until it reaches "Clear cache" (each press of the 'volume down' button moves the menu selection down one step). Once the selected menu option is "Cost Cache", press & release the 'power' button. On the next screen, press the 'volume down' button one time, to select "yes", then press & release the 'power' button beagain. This will clear the tablets cache, and you will find yourself back at the "Recovery" menu, with the top-listed option ('restart') preselected. Finally, press & release the 'power' button one final time, and this will restart the tablet.

Hopefully, this fixes the problem. If not, my next suggestion would be to call Samsung support.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

Just buy an iPad from Apple and you will never have any problems with that lol
luisharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:54 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisharp View Post
Just buy an iPad from Apple and you will never have any problems with that lol
iPads (technically, all Apple products) have their own unique collection of "problems". I say that NOT to turn this into an Android vs iOS debate, but because, as someone QUITE familiar with technology (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, etc...I've been using computers for over 40 years, and building & providing tech support for over 25 years), I am just stating a truth, as well as a known fact.

And, if you want an Android vs iOS debate, please, take it to a computer-related forum and/or created your own, separate, thread. The Op had an Android-related question, and, thus, he (obviously) wants only Android-related replies...which is exactly what I provided.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote