Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So,id like to invest,show me the way!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2022, 12:59 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default So,id like to invest,show me the way!

So I'm coming into some money,and I'd like to invest some if it.

Bitcoin back then 10 years ago, 5 mill now. (I have NO IDEA what I'm talking about,those numbers are exaggeration...lol)

I don't mind waiting years for it to become thousands,or millions(in my dr.evil voice) why it's for my family.

So how does one do it? I'm REALLY naive on this,big time. Should i invest,maybe something else?

I just know if i would've known about investing back then and investing it into apple and others,i would've BEEN A MILLIONAIRE by now! Lolol.

Thanks again guy's.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2022, 12:35 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: So,id like to invest,show me the way!

Depends how much money you're comfortable putting out there, how long you're willing to wait, how much you expect your investment to appreciate, and how much risk you're willing to take (greater risk can equal greater rewards, but you could also end up losing it all.)

If you don't already own your home, I'd have to agree with Ferp and strongly suggest starting there. Depending on how much you are able to put down, you might be able to get your mortgage to be lower than what you'd be paying in rent... that's like turning a profit from day one. As the market fluctuates, your mortgage will stay the same which will continue to put you further ahead of the game as time goes on. Even if the market tanks, you'll never lose over the long run if you just ride it out over next 30 years.

My own home dropped almost 15% in the first year after I purchased it, but it was still cheaper than renting... it's worth over 250% more now just 15 years later. We've always paid a little extra (rounded our payment to the next $100 increment, or throw large lumps at the principal if we came into unanticipated funds from a tax return, OT check, etc.) and 15 years later it's become VERY obvious that those little increases early on made a HUGE dent in what we owe, so much so that we are actually considering buying a *gasp* rental house.

Interest rates are creeping back up, but they are still very low, so money is still relatively cheap to borrow (assuming you're not talking about having enough capital to pay cash for a home) for the balance of a home. Like Ferp said, you don't have to buy an expensive piece of real estate to see a big return, but I'd still say to bite off as much as you can chew. Mobile/modular homes aren't as safe of an investment (lasting value or appreciation) as something site built and can be harder to get a good loan for, but even a condo/apartment appreciates at about the same rate as a single family home, owning any type of home is a better bet than renting. Just be sure to leave yourself a healthy financial "cushion" to protect your investment in the event of an unforeseen situation (loss of job, home in need of major repair, new illness/disability, etc.) There are first time home buyer programs that can get you into a home with as little as 3% down, so depending on the market where you're at, that could mean just a couple thousand dollars to get your foot in the door.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I wish you luck in whatever route you choose.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote

So,id like to invest,show me the way! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith still a good platform to invest in for 2020 dbw Axial Wraith 11 05-08-2020 06:23 PM
CAR SHOW/ HOT ROD SHOW this SUN 19th at FINISHLINE R/C FinishLineRC Colorado 2 09-15-2010 03:37 PM
Show me yours and ill show you mine Crawln1221 General Crawlers 1 08-04-2009 07:14 PM
Show them to me noobs, show me the Emaxxs stock, well close Jeepernick Newbie General 15 01-11-2006 07:52 PM