Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pathetic FedEx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2022, 07:47 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Pathetic FedEx

I think Fed Ex has hit a new low. Ordered a item from a Hobby Shop, same State, 285 miles and 2 highways away. They shipped it out Monday morning, it supposed to be here Saturday! Really 5 days to go 285 miles in state, Fed Ex is pure CRAP. I also ordered a servo the same day, different time, they mailed it was delivered today Mon-Weds first class mail.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2022, 08:08 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pathetic FedEx

They likely sent it to their hub for redistribution, which is likely 1000 miles away. Someone's algorithm says this is more efficient than sending it directly to you.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:22 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I’m with you, FedEx has consistently been the worst experience for me since early days of the pandemic.

My most recent experience resulted in a set of aluminum rails bent beyond use, and snapped in half when attempting to straighten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

I hear ya! I cringe whenever I see a package is being sent to me by way of Fed Ex!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:19 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well when it does arrive, if ever, I wonder the what the condition of the kit will be. There are some local camera captures of Fed Ex drivers tossing packages on porch's, same camera picked up UPS setting packages on the porch.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
"same camera picked up UPS setting packages on the porch."
It's funny you say that! My UPS driver is the nicest driver I've met. He's always in a good mood and his arrival time is nearly always the same each time he drops off packages. When I'm not home, he wraps packages in plastic bags and leaves them where they won't be noticed. I've never had an issue with UPS.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:19 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
It's funny you say that! My UPS driver is the nicest driver I've met. He's always in a good mood and his arrival time is nearly always the same each time he drops off packages. When I'm not home, he wraps packages in plastic bags and leaves them where they won't be noticed. I've never had an issue with UPS.
I know company's use them because they cost less, but then what's the true cost in the long haul after pissing off customers? Hey I like a good price but I still Don't buy the 99 cent a pound hot dogs, I splurge and by the $2 ones.
Old 10-26-2022, 11:02 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
My wife told me yesterday the UPS driver yelled at her to turn her lights on. It was noon, no fog, in our neighborhood with no visibility concerns.

Other than that never had an issue with either company. I had a conversation with our FEDEX driver before when I noticed he was also from Hawaii.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:52 PM   #9

Most of my RockAuto purchases come FedEx. I have apparently been fairly lucky.
Sweetride95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:26 PM   #10
RCC Addict

So far, knock on wood, most of the fedex packages are all good here. They put them on the porch out of sight. Ive had one or two that were a bit crunchy, but nothin damaged otherwise. Ups is good about putting things out of sight as well. As for timely, fedex is usually late in the afternoon, not sure when ups comes thru, im at work most times.

Now im a bit worried about a christmas item i have comin. They shipped it fedex...
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:35 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I've picked up a lot of fedex pkgs delivered to the wrong house.
Very few from ups.
I don't get how fedex works. 1 day 3 fedex ground trucks in 1 small neighborhood with 32 houses in it.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:03 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

My current FedEx driver is a young chippie who showed up here over the summer in a sports bra and gym shorts. Almost makes me want to use FedEx. Almost. I guess uniforms are now optional?

In any case, they never did find my Ryft... I don't even think they tried.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:12 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

I too, had a similar "frustration". Ordered an item from Binghampton and after a week, I was checking the tracking daily. It showed it in the Albany distribution center for 21 days! I could have driven down there and been back for lunch.

I thought it was lost forever. It finally arrived 34 days later. In the meantime, I ordered another of the same item, and had it in 3 days. Now I have 2, which isn't the end of the world, but just more money than I needed to spend.

Never really been a fan of FEDEX.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:41 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Yeah, i was speakin good of fedex for once the other day. Ill b dipped, the package showed up n a txt said veiw pic of delivery. Daggum moron sat it on the front step, in front of the screen door for everybody drivin by to see. Apparently it was way to much effort to open the screen door n sit it on the porch out of site. Glad it was still there when i got home.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:34 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I hate fed ex. I never have good experience with them. The take twice as longer than ups. I have better luck with usps than and that's not saying their great either.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #16
Go Buckeyes!

Here is another reason I "love" Fed Ex! This package arrived last week. This is the exact position I found it in in the grass about 6 inches from my sidewalk. It looks like it got airdropped from an airplane and stuck the landing!

Name:  IMG_0093.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  134.6 KB

And this is my package from Vanquish that arrived today. In the rain and soaking wet. Again from the fabulous Fed Ex! My UPS driver always wraps my packages in plastic bags if it even looks like it may rain.

Name:  IMG_0232.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  180.0 KB
Old 12-25-2022, 07:34 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Well to add insult to injury, just received a RTR from Fed EX from a border State. And it was crushed. The company has sent out a new body and bumpers. They said it is not worth the hassle to deal with Fed Up "Ex".
Old 12-26-2022, 05:21 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Unless the customer tells me I can go thru a gate or open the screen door I set the pkg on the porch or where it has the most coverage from the weather. I view a closed gate or screen door as a locked door. Gates could also mean a dog is present. Not taking that chance either and I love dogs.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:05 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

The FedEx saga continues! I ordered a Trucks Of Fortune from Vanquish. Was supposed to be here Monday, it was sitting in IN. Then Tuesday, it's sitting in OH. Now FedEx is saying Weds delivery, will that happen? Now this all started on shipping day Dec. 27th. How can a shipper operate in such a incompetent way? It is not the delivery drivers fault they can only deliver what gets to them!
Old 01-03-2023, 05:29 PM   #20
RCC Addict

DHL is even worse. Bought one of the Chy-Na LCG Kits from Fleabay. Seller was in us but shipped DHL??????? Damn fools.
Anyways it was in my home town Sunday Evening. No delivery yesterday or today. Check out the tracking and the ****ing thing is back in Detroit as of this afternoon. DHL Sucks Bigger Donkey Dicks than Fed Ex.

Prove me wrong. lol
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Pathetic FedEx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex please hurry up!!!! stroker613 Axial Wraith 0 09-09-2011 08:59 AM
Pathetic Run Times? EEM-CrawlinMachine Electronics 22 02-10-2011 09:20 PM
Pathetic! eron Chit Chat 2 06-24-2009 09:59 PM
*Who's More Pathetic* Giveaway Pimp Cane* run2jeepn General Crawlers 50 02-09-2007 04:38 PM
Winner of who's more Pathetic run2jeepn General Crawlers 30 02-05-2007 09:21 AM