Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Anyone else experiencing problems with 'The Crawl Space' customer service laterly ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Anyone else experiencing problems with 'The Crawl Space' customer service laterly ???

I have purchase from The Crawl Space several times over the past several years, and customer service has always been excellent. Ikaika would always respond quickly...and, while not "overly informative", he always provided the information needed. However, about a month ago, having run into a serious problem with my GameChanger 4.2, and another less-problematic problem, I contacted The Crawl Space

On the 'plus' side, they/he replied back the same day (as, from my previous experience in dealing with Ikaika had been), answering the question related to the lesser problem. However, and unfortunately, there was nothing about the more serious problem...and, when I say "nothing", I mean, it was as if the entire second half of my initial email was ignored. So, I responded back, thanking them/him for the info related to one problem...but, again, inquired about the second, even going so far as to include a photo showing the part in question.

No reply was received...not the same day, or even days later. As such, four days later, I sent another email, inquiring (for a third time) about obtaining a replacement for the part in question (which I am including here)...and, again, no reply. As of today, it has been four weeks since the original contact, yet there has been nothing. I know The Crawl Space is "operating", as there was an event posting recently posted. My question to those reading this is, has anyone else recently had recent (ie. within the past year) problems with The Crawl Space customer service...and, if so, were you able to resolve the problem, and how did you go about resolving the problem?

I don't want to start "bad-mouthing" Ikaika, or The Crawl Space, as he/they have always been great in the past...but, if there's been some sort of 'change' within the past year (approximately the last time I purchased from The Crawl Space), then people should be made aware of said change. To be completely honest, I don't even know if the one email reply I received came from Ikaika, as the email wasn't signed (in emails from the past (ie. more than a year ago), Ikaika would always 'sign' the emails).

If Ikaika is no longer "running the show" at The Crawl Space, and the CS there has gone 'downhill' (as it appears to have done), does anyone have any suggestions for replacing this part? I know I could just go with threaded aluminum or Delrin tubes, and I know the newest version of the GC is the 4.5 (mine is the 4.2)...but, I am really hoping I can just obtain a replacement part. Best suggestions for 'resolving' (ie. obtaining the replacement part), or using 'alternative' parts?

Last edited by Panther6834; 02-19-2023 at 10:02 AM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2023, 11:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone else experiencing problems with 'The Crawl Space' customer service laterly

sounds like a trip to crawlerado is in order or atleast a phone call
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:28 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone else experiencing problems with 'The Crawl Space' customer service laterly

Ikaika sold The Crawl Space probably about a year ago.

I believe High Altitude Performance is handling all the Game Changer parts now. He is the one that actually makes all the chassis pieces.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 05:21 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

I haven't purchased anything from The Crawl Space for some time, but I never faced any issues with its customer service.
AlNor is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone else experiencing problems with 'The Crawl Space' customer service laterly ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Crawl Space "Rock Bull" Unimog. (pic heavy) The Crawl Space Axial SCX-10 49 08-14-2014 09:15 AM
"Shakedown" Comp @ The Crawl Space. Friday, Oct. 14th. The Crawl Space Colorado 16 10-15-2011 03:57 PM
The Crawl Space "Run what you Brung" GTG - Nov 28, 2010 Rckcrwlr Pennsylvania 10 11-28-2010 07:42 PM
W.Pa.C. "The Crawl Space" Winter Series Finals - March 14th Rckcrwlr Competitions 4 03-13-2010 07:33 PM
"The Crawl Space" Indoor Trail and Comp Facility Rckcrwlr Chit Chat 9 11-28-2008 08:40 PM