Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Clod Racers please take a look.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Clod Racers please take a look.

We are setting up a racing and crawling thing for all of Wisconsin and I plan to have a crawler, freestyle and race truck.. I got the Freestyle truck and rock crawler figured out. I just don't know what to go with as far as motors in my race truck. The course is just like a real monster truck course. It is the circle type racing. Where both trucks leave the middle facing the other way and make one lap around the course and so on... I don't know what motors will give me good acceleration but good enough top speed in the straight.. Do you guys have any ideas? Also I got a LRP F1 Super w/ no motor limit and I am running 3300 batt packs.. If anyone has any ideas please let me know... Also if you know a gearing setup that is greatly appreciated to
ScaleCrawlersINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleCrawlersINC
We are setting up a racing and crawling thing for all of Wisconsin and I plan to have a crawler, freestyle and race truck.. I got the Freestyle truck and rock crawler figured out. I just don't know what to go with as far as motors in my race truck. The course is just like a real monster truck course. It is the circle type racing. Where both trucks leave the middle facing the other way and make one lap around the course and so on... I don't know what motors will give me good acceleration but good enough top speed in the straight.. Do you guys have any ideas? Also I got a LRP F1 Super w/ no motor limit and I am running 3300 batt packs.. If anyone has any ideas please let me know... Also if you know a gearing setup that is greatly appreciated to
I have run 15 turn Mods in my Clod before with the stock 13 tooth pinions and it was as fast as my E-maxx in LOW. It also had great acceleration.
I have never tried anything else for speed. Now they all go Veeerrryyy SSSlllooowww with the Lathe motors and modded axles.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Ok, I got 13 T Doubles in right now... w/ 13 Tooth pinions.. Think that is good enough? Top speed probally ain't a real biggie as much as acceleration because the acceleration is the main part cause of the slow down, turn and gas... I am wondering if 13's will do the trick :?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I didn't know LRP made a speed controller that can handle 2 motors.
The speedo you mentioned has a motor limit of 13, unless you are talking about the F1 Pro.

If you plan to run the motors in parallel there is probably a limit to how low you can go.
(example from Super Rooster add @ Tower Hobbies - Series: 10T + 10T = 20T load parallel: 10T + 10T = 5T load)

So if you do have the F1 super and not the F1 Pro then you may be going below your esc's motor limit with two motors.

Just a word of caution for your esc.
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks, I believe its the F1 Pro or whatever... I gotta look, I know it has no motor limit tho
Old 03-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

ScaleCrawlersINC, In case you have not noticed, this is a crawling forum.

Please post all non crawling relating topics in chit chat.

If you feel this is a error, then go to a race forum and post your "race" questions there.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote