BAD 18 43.90%
Don't watch NASCAR 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: NASCAR's Car of Tomorrow(COT)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default NASCAR's Car of Tomorrow(COT)

Whats everyone think about the car of tomorrow.
mudplower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

serch chit chat for this its been brought up

It is a damn spec class i dont car for nascar anymore
they run all the same bodies just diffrent badges witch makes it more intresting becasue it comes down to the better driver but thats it nascar is not what its saposed to be ANYMORE :-(
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

never heard of th COT, also dont ever pay attention to nascar
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I say remove the restrictor plates, run nitro methane and watch some hillbillies’ burn up...

Faster, faster, faster, die, die, die....
Attached Images

mr.maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I don't like the wing but other than that they are ok. Hopefully they will take the wing off and go back to a spoiler. The trucks have the front splitter and a spoiler and you don't even notice that they are different. Its that darn wing that is so weird. They actually look more like stock cars to me now. Maybe it will put things back in the drivers hands and not be so aero dependent. Just my two cents, but I don't really pay attention to NASCAR either. LOL
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The wing has to go...I kind of like that they have went back to the "Brick" style of yester year but, now they realy dont look like street cars. If NASCAR realy wants to make it more competative and more like the street car, make it so the cars have to be identical to the street cousins, same size, exact same shape. Did you notice how minor spins were causing people to go to the garage?
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
The wing has to go...I kind of like that they have went back to the "Brick" style of yester year but, now they realy dont look like street cars. If NASCAR realy wants to make it more competative and more like the street car, make it so the cars have to be identical to the street cousins, same size, exact same shape. Did you notice how minor spins were causing people to go to the garage?
They were having to go to the garage because the way the track is banked that when the car slid down it it would push fenders in.

I like the new style. Gives them a more modern look, especially since they haven't change in quite a few years.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

One step closer to IROC.They should have made the improvements to the existing cars,not build a generic car.Can't say now that a Chevy,Ford,Dodge or Toyota won the race,now its a Chevy,Ford,Dodge or Toyota POWERED car that won the race.
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I turned on the news and saw them talking about the new wings. First thing I said was "Wow thats gay". They look like abunch of ricers now.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

except they're not ricers. I personally like the new design. They're alot closer to the street cars.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I like that they took a lot of the adjustment out of the car, it makes it more of a driver class, more like it used to be where you had to drive the car and not just tweak a bolt here or there, granted the wings are kinda gay looking and the slightest bump puts you in the garage, kinda has a European feel to me.

I still like watching old races with Cale Yarborough and Richard Petty, and of course Dale Sr:-(:-(
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default I was there

Hey guys, I went to Bristol this weekend. The biggest difference I seen was No one seemed to be able to hook up coming off the turns. One improvement I did notice though, was the fact that they could pass on the outside in the turns. Did add an aspect of excitement. I think if they would go back to a spoiler, get rid of the wing. They would be on to something then. We will have to see what they do at a track like Michigan. Should be interesting this weekend as well.
rcnut38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i don't like how the cars look because all it has is the little badge of what the car is powered by and then just sponsers decals. the should also lose the spoiler thing. they should make smoe more "cars" like a camaro and mustand or something. not just some lumina thing that on the road suck balls.
cabsover78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabsover78 View Post
i don't like how the cars look because all it has is the little badge of what the car is powered by and then just sponsers decals. the should also lose the spoiler thing. they should make smoe more "cars" like a camaro and mustand or something. not just some lumina thing that on the road suck balls.

Actually most of the cars aren't powered by Ford Chev Dodge or Toyota.
The engines are all custom built.
They can't use the camaro or any thing like it.
One reason.
Areodynamics
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

...dont watch it.
DJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Several years ago i was into NASCAR pretty good, but as the years go on i just get less and less interested in it. I love watching the old races on ESPN classic where the rules weren't so strict and the cars were different. Its nice to see a NASCAR race where a little contact is allowed. I don't even pay attention to NASCAR anymore, i only watch the touring cars and CORR now.
Racefan1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

The wings, gay or not, are there for a purpose: they are mandated by NASCAR and are given to the teams at the track. They can adjust them once on the car, but need to be removable.

Part of the reason for COT was to reduce production costs. Now no is getting fooled, there are still millions pumped into these teams. But a common template is more to keep teams from building track-specific cars. They can no longer pull the noses over to one side like they used to. They still have badge-specific hoods, noses and side windows. Most cars on the street nowadays you can't tell apart from their profile anyway, so it's no different. They are bigger, safer, cheaper, and the racing will be more competitive. They made the front and rear bumpers the same height so if someone gets rear-ended, it doesn't lift their rear tires off and spin them. The front splitter helps with front downforce issues (wait until Talladega).

I think they look more like a "stock" car than the low slung COY. The thing is, they are here to stay, so we better get used to it.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

well put
Old 03-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I know somebody already said it, but that new wing is too "ricer" for me.:-(
f150dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
wsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnut38 View Post
Hey guys, I went to Bristol this weekend....

I was also at Bristol this past weekend. I liked to the COT - even thoght the Busch series car were running slighty faster times on Saturday. Great weekend!
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote