Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My Own Version Of Hostler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default My Own Version Of Hostler

I tried to reach RCP Crawler to get permission to copy their Hostler, but since I didn't hear from them, I decided to built my own. I will have pictures here tonight of the initial bending. I have used 3/16" tube, and a simple bender.

The total lenght is at 32 cm, the with is 6 cm, and the skid plate to the top is 5.5 cm. The brazing is not done yet, but I have bend some of the main tubes, will be preparing them for picture tonight, and will post.

It is so much fun if you have a blue print, so you can check for accuracy of your bends. You will see my simple print and the tubes here tonight as I am going to become a supportive memeber so I can post pictures directly.

Hope you like what you see.

First picture is an idea I had in mind, and first attempt bending 1/4" tubes. See my one of a kind bender?

Second and third pictures are the template of my own version of hostler or hustler as you call it. This post has caused a lot of unhappy people which I didn't intend to do, but accept my late apologies.
Attached Images

Last edited by loanshark; 03-27-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: adding pictures
loanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Why don't you call Microsoft while you are at it and ask if you can pirate their software??

mr.maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

They didn't allow me, but I did it anyhow.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It dont matter they cant do anything, as long as you dont resell it and build another and resell it.
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

RCP makes a hostler?
are you coying it for personal use or for profit?
if for profit its probably not a very good idea to start a build thread copying a design from a vendor to sell.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark View Post
I tried to reach RCP Crawler to get permission to copy their Hostler, but since I didn't hear from them, I decided to built my own. I will have pictures here tonight of the initial bending. I have used 3/16" tube, and a simple bender.

The total lenght is at 32 cm, the with is 6 cm, and the skid plate to the top is 5.5 cm. The brazing is not done yet, but I have bend some of the main tubes, will be preparing them for picture tonight, and will post.

It is so much fun if you have a blue print, so you can check for accuracy of your bends. You will see my simple print and the tubes here tonight as I am going to become a supportive memeber so I can post pictures directly.

By the way...it's called the "Hustler"...and it's not made by RCP...it's made by Team Carnage...RCP is merely the distributor of said "Hustler"
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

A) You have never had any problem with e-mails in the past. You also have my phone number which you have used several times.

B) We have no problem with you building a "copy" Hustler as long as it is for yourself. If you sell it you are asking for problems I can assure you.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
By the way...it's called the "Hustler"...and it's not made by RCP...it's made by Team Carnage...RCP is merely the distributor of said "Hustler"
Well he named his the Hostler.

As stated above, if you are not making it to distribute then everything should be hunky dory.

As for the pirateing comment above, if you wanted to sit down and write your own version of windows; you have every right to do so. It is not like he broke into Carnages warehouse and stole a hustler chassis (which is what pirate means; stealing the work of others). And the fact that he had the foresight to ask, all be it the wrong person, but still ask for permission contradicts the "piracy".

I see it as a compliment to the design of the chassis... what is it- Intimation is the greatest form of flattery.

Build away shark.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
Well he named his the Hostler.
Uh, no...he refers to the one on RCP's site as the Hostler and the thread is entitled "My Own Version Of Hostler"...so he is in fact calling the ORIGINAL a "Hostler".

Doesn't really matter...I am just real anal about details is all ...and your right, it's not piracy as long as he doesn't profit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenis boy View Post
but techniqually if one part isnt the same. like a tube bend somewhere it wouldnt be a copy right? so then he could sell them?
Even if he only changed one bar bend or the location of one bar to "make it his own" and then sold it...people would still know the original idea came from Carnage and everybody would still say he stole the design....so no, changing one bar or bend would not make it RIGHT.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenis boy View Post
but techniqually if one part isnt the same. like a tube bend somewhere it wouldnt be a copy right? so then he could sell them?hmm, well post up pics when you can
It is not patented. He can do whatever he want's as long as it does not violate any copyrights. Bottom line here is this. If he is making it for himself fine. If he sells it he is going to have problems. It's that simple.

I can 100% guarantee that whatever he makes will not hold a candle to Aarons fab work.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

well i dont think that he is gonna sell them as he has no vendor star. also have you compared the measurements to the original to see if they are close to or are the same? and also look at a lot of the other tubers that are replicas of others from this site as well as 1:1s. i dont see why this is a problem, its not like he is sitting there with a real one in front of him and making a jig out of it so that he can produce more of them, nor does he claim to make them to sell. from his post i dont believe that he has any intenton of distributing these he just wants one for himself. theres my .02
xjwalt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
RCC Addict

mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

hey, dont try to hustle the hostler.

and remember, duct tape isnt for structural use.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

You are right. I can't compete with Aaron's quality as this is my first tuber that I am making.

As far as spelling, we all make mistakes, so offroader5, please don't start me on my spelling as I get uncomfortable over the subject.

As you all might have guessed, my own version is to compete with RCP Crawler trying to put them out of business. No, this is not my intention, and you know Im just joking.

I am building it for my own use and have no plan on reselling it to anyone. I just like to copy nice ideas.

I emailed Jason, the hall monitor and asked him about letting me use the blue print, and he said he bought his from RCP.

Anyhow, keep the freindly comments coming, and yes, wait to see the pictures first, then judge.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
I joined the Band!

Thank you. You are 100 % right. For personal use only.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Ok, I should have called to ask you in person, but to be honest, I have lost your number. If you don't mind me having it again, please pm to me.

Also, I was wondering if my measurments any close to yours? Do you mind sharing that info with me now?

I will also post the picture of my Falcon as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
A) You have never had any problem with e-mails in the past. You also have my phone number which you have used several times.

B) We have no problem with you building a "copy" Hustler as long as it is for yourself. If you sell it you are asking for problems I can assure you.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I see no problems with you having one for your self. But there are copy right laws that can come in to affect so I would be careful! As for getting blue prints good luck. I am not going to be giving any one prints that took me mounths to get dialed in.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Do you mind sharing that info with me now?
I was with you until this comment...........................now, you are pushing your luck!!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #19
Debunking old stereotypes

Kick@ss rig Aaron
I can't wait for the 2.2 version
Me and how many others.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #20
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post

No he's calling it the Hostler, just like you can get the grocery store version of Dr. Pepper called "Dr. Skipper" or the Mountain Dew version "Mountain Mist".

While the grocery store versions are soft drinks, neither hold a candle to the real versions ;)
jason is offline   Reply With Quote