Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Chris LeDoux Dies at 56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Chris LeDoux Dies at 56

I'm not sure if any of you are country or rodeo fans but today is a sad sad day. One of my heros Chris LeDoux, World Champion bareback rider and country music legend died today. I feel a hole in the world that will never be filled. He was such a great guy.

Here's a link to the story
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/enter...=entertainment
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
I'm not sure if any of you are country or rodeo fans but today is a sad sad day. One of my heros Chris LeDoux, World Champion bareback rider and country music legend died today. I feel a hole in the world that will never be filled. He was such a great guy.

Here's a link to the story
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/enter...=entertainment
damn that sucks i have heard of him,but didnt know much about him. :-( :-(
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Colt Python/SR9c

Yeah heard he was having problems. sucks to hear
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I didnt and still dont like country music that much but yet i still had all his cd's and tapes he will truley be missed.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #5
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by syco133
I didnt and still dont like country music that much but yet i still had all his cd's and tapes he will truley be missed.
live in KY and don't like country :?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I almost hate country music. Just because i live in kentucky doesnt mean i have to like country music.And i am far from a redneck.Thats kinda like saying that because you live in florida you are 70 years old.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats kinda like saying that because you live in florida you are 70 years old.
I KNEW Shag was 70!
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

He was one of my favorites too. One of my favorite songs will always be, "Copenhagen."
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

It really sucks that he died. His songs touched a lot of people.....but his legacy lives on in his songs........
MoabCrawler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

He is and always will be one of a kind. I don't think I have heard a Chris LeDoux song I didn't like. He was quite the story teller!

Tonight I will toast a cold one in his honor!
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Man, I didn't know he was having all those problems. He sure will be missed, but his CD's will be long lived in my truck.

I guess the next thing that will happen is Asleep at the Wheel will break up, or Ray will pass. That guy is full throttle, but toning down.
T-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
PapaGriz Yo

I am so sad to hear that. I have his box set and many of his cd's. I have been a fan for many many years and saw him in concert at the Greely Stampede here in Colorado. He was a man like no other and will be missed.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I am so sad to hear that. I have his box set and many of his cd's. I have been a fan for many many years and saw him in concert at the Greely Stampede here in Colorado. He was a man like no other and will be missed.
Grizz,
I know exactly how you feel. I've be Chris fan since way back in high school and all the way through my college years. I was listening to Chris before that fat ass Garth Brooks ever even mentioned his name in a song. I don't even have his CD's all I have are tapes, they are so old. I went to a rodeo college so you could only imagine how big he was. Yesturday on my way home one of the radio stations played one of Chris' song called "skatter my ashes". The song was so fitting and I almost had to pull over. I have a lot of really good memories that are tied to that man some how or another. He will be truely missed in my world. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one. Peace brothers.

Last edited by Texrok; 03-10-2005 at 12:32 PM.
Texrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #14
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrok
Grizz,
I know exactly how you feel. I've be Chris fan since way back in high school and all the way through my college years. I was listening to Chris before that fat ass Garth Brooks ever even mentioned his name in a song. I don't even have his CD's all I have are tapes, they are so old. I went to a rodeo college so you could only imagine how big he was. Yesturday on my way home one of the radio stations played one of Chris' song called "skatter my ashes". The song was so fitting and I almost had to pull over. I have a lot of really good memories that are tied to that man some how or another. He will be truely missed in my world. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one. Peace brothers.
I got tapes too.

I went to an ag school (Colorado State University), and after getting kicked out spent a few years werking as a salebarn hand, and did a little cowboyin'. All my buddies were die hard rodeo cowboys and they used to tell stories about Chris. Many, many, drunken nights were spent listening to his songs in college and afterwards.
For our weddin my wife and I picked "Look at you girl" to be our song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrok
Grizz,
I was listening to Chris before that fat ass Garth Brooks ever even mentioned his name in a song.
I started listening to Garth only because he mentioned Chris in "Much too Young".
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:40 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I got tapes too.

I went to an ag school (Colorado State University), and after getting kicked out spent a few years werking as a salebarn hand, and did a little cowboyin'. All my buddies were die hard rodeo cowboys and they used to tell stories about Chris. Many, many, drunken nights were spent listening to his songs in college and afterwards.
For our weddin my wife and I picked "Look at you girl" to be our song.

I started listening to Garth only because he mentioned Chris in "Much too Young".
hahahha, That's pretty cool. I grew up on a ranch in West Texas. The only thing I did while I was growing up and all the way through college and even after I graduated was cowboyin'. Worked the local ranches for day wages, you know all that fun stuff. Kinda miss the old days. It sucked when I had to go get a steady job. I went to Sul Ross State University in Alpine TX. People majored in rodeo there. That is where Tuff Hedeman and Cody Lambert went to college. It was cool walking through the ag dept. and looking at the old rodeo team pictures on the walls and seeing those guys in the Sully rodeo team vests.
Me and my buddies had many drunkin' nights chasin' women and raisin' hell to Chris' songs. Damn them good ol' days..hahahahha
Texrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #16
RCC Addict

yah he was a great guy have all his cd's and listen to them all the time he died of cancer i gues that all that chew finaly cot up to him
Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:23 PM   #17
Lifetime Gold Baby!

now garth brooks will be sad.
kingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:47 PM   #18
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I need to change the title of this thread. "If you have a mullet, post here"

badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #19
Lifetime Gold Baby!

or "if you like hitting badgers with your truck post here!"
kingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

my brother got me listening to Chris before there was CDs so I had all his tapes and now CDs, his songs are ones that you actually listened to and not just put on as backround music, his songs told stories of the good times and bad times of being on the rodeo circuit and most of the time with a little bit of humor. my favorite song of his has to be "photo finish".
I'm raising a cold one to the cloud right now to a singing cowboy. my brother lives in Austrailia now and when he gets through with the days work in the bush, he too will be raising a cold one to the sky.

R.I.P. Chris, you know he's taming a bronc right now.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote