RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   RC4WD - Products and R & D (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/68529-rc4wd-products-r-d.html)

Thorsteenster 04-16-2007 10:38 AM

RC4WD - Products and R & D

First and foremost i want to say this is not to bash or flame RC4WD in any way but rather to make public in a positive way some concerns i, as well as others i'm sure, have with his products, quality and service.
Mike, hands down, no other company is bringing products to market like RC4WD, let alone ones that cater to crawling and trucks in general. i dont know what all testing is involved with products before you ok it for a production run, but for several of your products it dosnt seem to be nearly enough. it would be better to hold off on releasing a product until its known to be rock solid instead of having to give out replacements frequently. this does not build consumer confidence, even though your good with replacing/exchanging/refunds, when a product is purchased it is expected to work in the way it was described/intended. i am of the feeling you should slow down on your new releases and concentrate on getting products rock solid in the first release, ie more field testing. like etype r working with your R2 w/dig, when thats released i am confident it will be fully functional and rock ready.
again, this is not to bash mike or rc4wd nor do i want to see any of it in this thread, i will report it and/or delete this thread. its not for people to volunteer to test products either. i know there are quite a few people tired of getting items that dont work or break soon after getting them, which concerns me for RC4WD's future as i'd love to see them endure and grow with crawling.

badger 04-16-2007 11:11 AM

This would be better suited in a email to RC4WD and not a post here in chit chat where it will most likely turn into a bash fest.

chivas72 04-16-2007 11:34 AM

well many do not like for some reason the beadlocks but i am more than happy with mine. the problems i had i think were more of a lack of experience ( mounting ) than lack of quality

i have already placed my pre-order for the r2 with dig so RC4WD please keep up the good work

Thorsteenster 04-16-2007 11:36 AM

perhaps, but email isnt always very sucessful with mike with the quantity he gets, plus i thought if some of us unite in this and appeal to mike it will make more of a difference than an email. any post bashing or posts i feel are out of line with the purpose of this thread i will report. also, i can delete the 1st post essentially deleting the thread right?

badger 04-16-2007 11:44 AM

If you have a problem with the way RC4WD runs his business then bring it up to RC4WD directly and not on RCC. I don't think it's cool at all for you to post a petition of "how rc4wd should run his business".

Mirage 04-16-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 673163)
If you have a problem with the way RC4WD runs his business then bring it up to RC4WD directly and not on RCC. I don't think it's cool at all for you to post a petition of "how rc4wd should run his business".

Since when is it wrong for someone to give their opinion?

I have to agree with thorsteenster on this subject. However, it seems as though the beadlock issues have been pretty well worked out, but look at everything else. Their drive shafts were recalled due to defects, their portal axles, brusier axles, etc... And not only that, but they are releasing things like many versions of their axles without all the parts, so even if someone buys them, they have to wait for the rest of the parts to come out before they can even begin the build.

Now, Im not flaming, or bashing RC4WD at all, they have alot of great products, many of which I hope to own in the near future, but I for one dont want to be the guinea pig and test these things out, only to find there is a problem, and have to wait another 6 months for them to get around to fixing the problem because they are working on other projects that are going to be just as defective as everything else.

I know they are excited to have new and wonderful products, as is everyone else, but it shouldnt be too much to ask that what you buy is in working, condition, and will stay that way. These things should be able to hold up under normal use, of course their is normal wear and tear and things break, but manufacture defects shouldnt be present in everything they are pushing out the door.

Thorsteenster 04-16-2007 12:03 PM

i never said i have a problem nor is this an attack on a rcc vendor but ask around, there are ALOT of people very disatisfied with his service and quality of product level. no where have i said anything about "how rc4wd should run his business" all i'm saying is you keep consumers happier when the product is right the 1st time. please dont make this out to seem like a how to run your business thread.

Thorsteenster 04-16-2007 12:07 PM

also, i'm not saying that mike dosnt take care of issues as they arrise, he is very good with that, but, people get tired of things not working like they should, sending stuff back, waiting for the revised edition when a little more R & D would keep everybody happy.

Thorsteenster 04-16-2007 12:09 PM

well put mirage, X2. lets just call this an intervention because we all love RC4WD and want to see him improve "thumbsup"

rockwerks 04-16-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thorsteenster (Post 673186)
i never said i have a problem nor is this an attack on a rcc vendor but ask around, there are ALOT of people very disatisfied with his service and quality of product level. no where have i said anything about "how rc4wd should run his business" all i'm saying is you keep consumers happier when the product is right the 1st time. please dont make this out to seem like a how to run your business thread.

The only problem I have with them is the NEVER return an email. I have a big pile of stuff on my work bench for a customer who spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with them, and just wish to talk to someone about whats up and how we can make the stuff work.

lime 04-16-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 673163)

i am not bashing RC4wd but in this case i have to agree with thornsteer.

I purchased some knuckles and axle tubes from them and they are made solid. but after all the issues with them ( not fitting, sending me the wrong parts etc.) it finally took me three months to get all the parts.

now that i have broken a set of hubs screws and spacers I have been mailing them for two months to get replacements with no luck. As a last resort I posted in their email response thread and lo an behold they got back to me an hour later.

i think 5 months was a little too long to wait for this.

I just think that they should field test their parts like everyone else here seems to do before putting them up for sale. I am sure there would be more than enough people willing to step up and do this. I would even be willing to pay for the part and test out the prototype until the final version is ready.

otherwise. keep up the excellent work RC4wd"thumbsup"

FinishLineRC 04-16-2007 12:15 PM

I agree 100% as I sell RC4WD products AND use them so Im not here to bash....I do wish things were easier and I have offered to product test as I have taken back stuff when they are "brand new" product. After the 3rd or 4th revisions all the bugs are worked out but Im stuck dealing with the wish wash of trying to back up what I sell.

Lately I havent been getting emails either....Ive learned to be patient cause the products are good but a little on the short side when it comes to testing them initially in my opinion.

Luckily Mike always backs up what he says....I know this"thumbsup"

toyofast 04-16-2007 12:31 PM

This thread feels like a re-run. I've been reading the same thing for years now..... When RC4wd releases stuff, wait for 6 months after it comes out before you buy.