Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: diesel fuel... lots of diesel fuel.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default diesel fuel... lots of diesel fuel.

my dad and i just finished installing a KSH 45 gallon auxiliary fuel tank in his '03 ford superduty... it now holds 83 gallons of diesel and can drive about 700mi without stopping for fuel. thats towing a 26' toy hauler, with a total combined weight of about 21,000lbs. its pretty slick, we put an electric transfer pump between the aux tank and the stock fuel tank, with the flip of a switch mounted on the dash it transfers fuel into the stock tank. and everything is mounted under the bed so inside the bed all you see is the tank and two hoses going through the bed floor. not too bad on price either, total with pump, hardware, hose, electronics and all was $658..
http://www.kshmarine.com/truck_tanks1.htm
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

Nice. That'll be handy on the long trips camping and riding. I'd hate to see the bill to fill it up though
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
........not too bad on price either, total with pump, hardware, hose, electronics and all was $658..
And about the same to fill um both up!

haha. That would be a nice addition to a hauler. Those setups look pretty slick, can't hardly even tell they are fuel tanks.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Dang,
3.15x83=$261.45 (Kennewick gas price atleast)

For some reason diesel in kennewick is $.14 less then unleaded!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
20K Club

$2.69 here yesterday. Regular is $3.19
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

It's around 2.65-2.70 here as well. Should be around 1.00 IMHO,it's trash fuel for Christ sake. I'm thinking seriously about drilling a well,building a refinery and using the crude oil to make my own
Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

we paid 2.84 for diesel today. empty to full on both tanks would be 235.72... but the stock tank already had 3/4 in it. we spent about $150 on diesel this afternoon. and we think this r/c thing is an expensive hobby, try quads. thats what started all this. with the truck, trailer, 2 quads and fuel and food to go out for a weekend my dad has just over $100k rolling down the road.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
we paid 2.84 for diesel today. empty to full on both tanks would be 235.72... but the stock tank already had 3/4 in it. we spent about $150 on diesel this afternoon. and we think this r/c thing is an expensive hobby, try quads. thats what started all this. with the truck, trailer, 2 quads and fuel and food to go out for a weekend my dad has just over $100k rolling down the road.

Thats a shame ain't it. And think,the bigger part of the cost is due to the cost of the oil prices being jacked up. The price of the fuel ain't the only thing. Tires,parts EVERYTHING is raised because the price of oil goes up. Pretty sad really.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Does the truck lean at all with all the fuel in it? We put aux tanks in two fords and both of them had a little bit of lean to them when the tank was full. cured it with helper bags though....Anything that has to do with the dunes is expensive. Rails, quads, food, beer, race fuel, diesel....the list goes on and on.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Thats a shame ain't it. And think,the bigger part of the cost is due to the cost of the oil prices being jacked up. The price of the fuel ain't the only thing. Tires,parts EVERYTHING is raised because the price of oil goes up. Pretty sad really.
whats really sad is that you guys in the states pay like $3.19/gallon and here in alberta today gas is $1.21/liter in places,,,,and get this,,,most of the oil supplying the country comes from our province!!! i swear,,,independence is alberta's only chance
tony tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
think thats bad how about towing a 10,000lb boat down the road except with the V-10 that thinks gas is water. then factor in the 105 gallon tank on the boat that feeds a 496ho were gas on the water is 3.70 per gallon.

$125k headin up the highway with the tow truck getting 8-10mpg and the boat getting 2-1mpg

LIBERALS SAY FOSSIL FUELS ARE BAD!! I WILL DO MY PART AND BURN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
skidooguymxz550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooguymxz550 View Post
think thats bad how about towing a 10,000lb boat down the road except with the V-10 that thinks gas is water. then factor in the 105 gallon tank on the boat that feeds a 496ho were gas on the water is 3.70 per gallon.

$125k headin up the highway with the tow truck getting 8-10mpg and the boat getting 2-1mpg

LIBERALS SAY FOSSIL FUELS ARE BAD!! I WILL DO MY PART AND BURN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

gasoline is bastard fuel... and boats bore me..

norcal... no it doesnt, the truck had bags on it long before anything else was done. my dad is running out of towing mods to do to that truck.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #13
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
$2.69 here yesterday. Regular is $3.19
Wow,that's better than over here the cheapest diesel is $2.85 and the most expensive is $2.95

Quote:
. I'm thinking seriously about drilling a well,building a refinery and using the crude oil to make my own
Watch out for the Assassins that the oil companies would send if you drill a wellJK. I wish there was a Biodiesel fuel station out here, it would save some $$$ and the exhaust smell like tacos!
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yeah the really sad part is oil only goes up cuz some1 at OPEC wants a new house car etc.

Nice dude. I want one that looks like a toolbox
mudplower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tt View Post
whats really sad is that you guys in the states pay like $3.19/gallon and here in alberta today gas is $1.21/liter in places,,,,and get this,,,most of the oil supplying the country comes from our province!!! i swear,,,independence is alberta's only chance
that would be $4.58 a gallon
crawlerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Pics of your Dads ride Diesel?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote