Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: hobby stores in cali??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default hobby stores in cali??

im goin to visit some inlaws next month and was wondering on some good stores to visit. would be nice if they had some crawler stuff but doesnt matter to me. ( lhs only opens 3 days a week about a total of 20 hrs) the stores would have to be kinda close to where im staying as i dont have too much avail transportation. i goin to be staying in thousand oaks so some stores around there or maybe ventura, simi.

Thanks
mike

btw dont know if i posted this in the correct area. oh and is there anything goin on around there i can go check out ill be up there june 11th to the 25th.

thank you again
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

santa barbra is always a good time. shopping, clubing, bars, college girls, hiking, swimming, camping. its not far from ventura maybe 30 min.
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

cool its a little too far. to use a car i would have to drop my inlaw off at work. so it would be hard 4 me to go to far. if i went to santa barbra i think i would want to see what i could and probably run out of time but well see maybe ill make some time to check it out!!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

hey Mike... get in touch with the So Cal Crawlers... maybe do some rc crawling at our local spots in the valley and surrounding areas...
mikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

ok ill try. do they post here??
Old 06-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Check ot Marty's Hobbies and Hobbbytown in Thousand Oaks. There's also Hobby People in Oxnard which is about a 15 minute drive on the 101 from TO. Here's directions to all:

http://www.martyshobbies.com/contact_us.htm

http://thousandoaksca.hobbytown.com/

http://hobbypeople.net/stores/14/map_cam2.asp

I'm in Simi and these three are the ones I always go to. Marty's has everything out so you can pick your own stuff. Hobbypeople and Hobbytown are behind the counter service. Mart'ys is the best! Hobbypeople 2nd, Hobbytown 3rd.
bluonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Forgot to mention that Hobby People in Camarillo is hosting a parking lot fun day on June 16th. They have someone locally that is making custom ramps and is selling it through them. They had a parking lot demo today and it's open to anyone that wants to just mess around and try them. just bring your gear and tell them what freq. your one and go have fun. I was kind of bumm'ed since I sold all my speedy stuff. In fact I just ordered a Pede from Tower 10 minutes ago since I had a coupon!

June 16th Hobby People, Camarillo CA
bluonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn38 View Post
ok ill try. do they post here??
http://socalrcrc.com/
mikestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:01 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

COOL!! i was goin to hobbytown but never new about the others. been looking online at the yellowpages and there seems to be alot of hobby shops that deal mostly with planes or trains. ill try to make it out on the 16th. thanks for the heads up
Old 06-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

been to hobby town he other day and martys today. martys is way COOL or maybe im just from a small town. heheh. i wanted to buy everything heheh but no $$$. next week im goin to check out hobby ppl. seen an ad in the mag that they have some esc's on sale. man i should have brought my crawler with me. oh well i guess.

thanks for the tips on where to go!!

mike
Old 06-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I used to go to Marty's all the time growing up in Simi. My first RC was from Marty's. Tamiya Sand Scorcher. That was about 23 years ago. I even drove from Saugus to Marty's to get my Savage and then my Mini T.
I would rather drive an hour to help save a Mom and Pop style shop than support some of these big chains with no service.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i agree about saving the lil shops around. my lhs is the only one on the island i live on and i dont want to be waiting for my parts, although i end up waiting ne way cause they are only open thurs to sat afternoons. but i wtill prefer to buy from them unless they dont have it or cant get it. but yeah martys is way cool im goin to go visit then again later in my trip. i really want to get a new onroad car.