I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
wooooosssshhhhh......
No woooshing here.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Ok....back to the original topic of how ugly the JK is.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler View Post
Ok....back to the original topic of how ugly the JK is.
Shave it's butt and drive it backwards??
Old 06-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #65
Adilynsdad too!

Looks like a big ol pile of elephant poo!
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #66
Gold Star Baby Momma!

I have been eyeballing a silver soft top JK down at the local dealership.
How does $22,000 sticker sound? X package auto.
Kevin
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #67
RCC Addict

A D44 axle is traditionally good up to a 35" tire, yes you can run what ever you want depending on how you drive, but anything can happen.

A D60 is the last axle you will ever buy, they are good up to a 44" tire, but again, some situations and driving styles have proven anything can break.

I have personally seen the Dynatrac Pro rock 60's get destroyed running 49" Irocks up here in WA.

and Dirk, don't take it personal on what I said about the new Jeep. The general population love it, and that is what counts when a automotive company puts out a new vehicle.

Here is some info for some others on here asking questions.

The previous D44 on a Rubi, as most know, have the D30 outers which are the C's and the outer unit bearing and steering components. The diff carrier it's self is also different than a standard D44 because of the locker they use.

D30's have been running the 297X U joints, same as a D44, on the outer axle shafts starting with the XJ some time when the 4.0 HO was introduced with a towing package. Then it was carried over to the 4.0 TJ's. I really don't know for sure if it became a standard in the last few years run on the little 2.5 4 cylinder TJ models.

The new Rubi I wouldn't know, I haven't done any investigation on what has changed. I could find out from a friend of mine who has been a long time tech for the Chrysler corporation.

My opinion:

The ultimate Jeep ever made was the 05/06 LJ 6 speed . The only down fall, and it was a biggie, is when DC engineered the frame for the Unlimited.
They added a necessary extra cross member to the frame, but they did not up the gauge on the steel being used. The result is the frame can be bent easily in a minor roll or a minor traffic accident because of the extra torsional load on the frame from being longer. I was a victim of their mess up and I know of a few others. My 05 LJ was in a minor accident with a flop involved and was totaled at 4200 miles.

I want another LJ, but I will plate the frame and add some other things to make the rig live through some wheeling and a flop or two on a 37" tire.

Now somebody can catch any little mistake I posted on the information and flame away. It's the nature of forums these days as usual.

carry on.
D
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I am impressed!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #69
Gold Star Baby Momma!

I've got wood now
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
A D44 axle is traditionally good up to a 35" tire, yes you can run what ever you want depending on how you drive, but anything can happen.

A D60 is the last axle you will ever buy, they are good up to a 44" tire, but again, some situations and driving styles have proven anything can break.

I have personally seen the Dynatrac Pro rock 60's get destroyed running 49" Irocks up here in WA.

and Dirk, don't take it personal on what I said about the new Jeep. The general population love it, and that is what counts when a automotive company puts out a new vehicle.

Here is some info for some others on here asking questions.

The previous D44 on a Rubi, as most know, have the D30 outers which are the C's and the outer unit bearing and steering components. The diff carrier it's self is also different than a standard D44 because of the locker they use.

D30's have been running the 297X U joints, same as a D44, on the outer axle shafts starting with the XJ some time when the 4.0 HO was introduced with a towing package. Then it was carried over to the 4.0 TJ's. I really don't know for sure if it became a standard in the last few years run on the little 2.5 4 cylinder TJ models.

The new Rubi I wouldn't know, I haven't done any investigation on what has changed. I could find out from a friend of mine who has been a long time tech for the Chrysler corporation.

My opinion:

The ultimate Jeep ever made was the 05/06 LJ 6 speed . The only down fall, and it was a biggie, is when DC engineered the frame for the Unlimited.
They added a necessary extra cross member to the frame, but they did not up the gauge on the steel being used. The result is the frame can be bent easily in a minor roll or a minor traffic accident because of the extra torsional load on the frame from being longer. I was a victim of their mess up and I know of a few others. My 05 LJ was in a minor accident with a flop involved and was totaled at 4200 miles.

I want another LJ, but I will plate the frame and add some other things to make the rig live through some wheeling and a flop or two on a 37" tire.

Now somebody can catch any little mistake I posted on the information and flame away. It's the nature of forums these days as usual.

carry on.
D
I didn't take it personally. I just think it is lame when someone says that they won't buy a Jeep because it looks ugly. that's what annoys me more than anything. I think the Forward Cab Pug Jeep is uglier than snot and doesn't wheel worth shiat....but it's cool and I'd buy one in a second....mostly because it's a jeep. You call your self a Jeep traditionalist. I call BS. If you are a Jeep nut, you don't discriminate. And you like and own the LJ.....that's a far cry from tradition. I've seen people snub me in my new JK because they are running a built CJ....then.....a week or two later, they are Jeep waiving at me from their new JK 4 door. Hypocritical jackasses!

As for your LJ comments....yes....I too think the LJ was one of the best ever made. I had a 2000 TJ and my one gripe was that it needed to be longer. It is one awesome rig but also kind of funny looking.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just think it is lame when someone says that they won't buy a Jeep because it looks ugly.
Keeps me from buying a lot of vehicles.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
Keeps me from buying a lot of vehicles.
yeah...but all jeeps are ugly.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah...but all jeeps are ugly.
That new Compass in pink is kind cute!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #74
RCC Addict

I never said I was a purist Dirk, I like what I like, it's all good man.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
ok so when is the wifes getting lifted
Quote:
next month
oh.....really, how much of a lift.....you might want to post pics, might want to do that to the gf too....shes still stock
foodstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodstamp View Post
oh.....really, how much of a lift.....you might want to post pics, might want to do that to the gf too....shes still stock
not sure. prolly 2.5 inches on hers.
Did you read the off-road.com article on the 4 inch long arm? That was the point of this thread.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #77
Adilynsdad too!

Hey big boy, this is your color and the black rims...
Attached Images

braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

So long as it doesn't look like this
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
So long as it doesn't look like this
what are you talking about, i bet that thing is the tits out on the trail!

and lets not forget: Haha! I Love you guys!!!
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Got Rocks? is offline   Reply With Quote