Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Non Crawling RC Stuff Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Non Crawling RC Stuff Videos

Here is a video of my new toy. It is a Pro Boat Shockwave 55 gas boat. This thing is awesome. It is over 5 feet long and does over 45mph RTR stock out of the box. The only problem is finding a body of water big enough for it.

CLICK HERE:
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=c907380e.pbr

Last edited by krikir; 07-11-2007 at 04:59 PM.
krikir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

pretty cool, its weird i never thought i would like boats, but after getting one i run it more than my crawler. oh and on a little side note 55" is only 4 foot 7 inches
'83 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
pretty cool, its weird i never thought i would like boats, but after getting one i run it more than my crawler. oh and on a little side note 55" is only 4 foot 7 inches
RC boats are a ton of fun but I don't know if I will run it more than my crawler or my nitros. RC boats (especially this big) are definitely a blast!

Regarding your "side note", I have to correct you: It's the hull alone of the Shockwave 55 that's 55" (4'-7"). The entire boat (with outdrive, rudders, stabilizer, etc.) is just over 5' (61.5" or 5'-1.5" to be exact).

Just a few helpful things for you to consider when typing future comments, take 'em or leave 'em!: 1) Initial words of all sentences are to be capitalized (This is how to do it.), 2) the word "its" in the context where it appears in your first sentence above should be "it's" with an apostrophe for "it is", 3) a few commas are missing, 4) and lastly, "i" isn't a word but "I" is.

Last edited by krikir; 07-11-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikir View Post
RC boats are a ton of fun but I don't know if I will run it more than my crawler or my nitros. RC boats (especially this big) are definitely a blast!

And regarding your side note: The hull of the Shockwave 55 is 55". The entire boat (with outdrive, rudders, etc.) is just over 5 feet (61.5" or 5'-1.5" to be exact).

Just a few helpful things for you to consider when typing future comments, take 'em or leave 'em!: 1) Initial words of all sentences are to be capitalized (This is how to do it.), 2) the word "its" in the context where it appears in your first sentence above should be "it's" with an apostrophe for "it is", 3) a few commas are missing, 4) and lastly, "i" isn't a word but "I" is.
we have another robb on our hands cool boat
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

<== isn't really a stickler for proper grammar...

...just having a little fun with the "oh and on a little side note" thing.

Last edited by krikir; 07-11-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

"I was only kiddink!"
Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #7
~THE SCALE SHOP~

awesome, btw the shockwaves only do about 35 out of the box. get yourself a GPS or radar, thats what we use for our race cats.

cool but i always thought a v-hull would be fun for a basher.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 07-12-2007 at 07:36 AM.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
awesome, btw the shockwaves only do about 35 out of the box. get yourself a GPS or radar, thats what we use for our race cats.

cool but i always thought a v-hull would be fun for a basher.
I think you might be thinking of the Blackjack 55...it is a little slower.

Go here for review by RC Universe (stock Shockwave 55 clocked by the police going over 47 mph) :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=695

Oh, and I do own a GPS but I don't think I want to strap it to my boat and put it on the lake. I'll just take the Pro Boat marketing materials speed write-up, the RC Universe article and the police radar gun test's word for it!

Last edited by krikir; 07-12-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Default Here it is doing 45!

You can tell in this photo, the thing is doing at least 45! I mean just look at their faces in the second photo, they're scared poopless, right?!

Last edited by krikir; 07-12-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

No not by something that is sitting still.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
No not by something that is sitting still.
LOL @ "sitting still"! Just take a good look at that rooster tail coming off the back of this big dog! I am pretty good at Photoshop® (I use it every day) but none was used here. This is an unmanipulated image. This is pure speed!
Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
LOL @ "sitting still"! Just take a good look at that rooster tail coming off the back of this big dog! I am pretty good at Photoshop® (I use it every day) but none was used here. This is an unmanipulated image. This is pure speed!
Ahh I was just messing with ya. If you say its going thats fast then I belive you. Did you paint it or did it come pre done
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
Ahh I was just messing with ya. If you say its going thats fast then I belive you. Did you paint it or did it come pre done
I figured you were just messing with me. It came RTR with the paint as in the photos and video. Since then, I have taken off some of the decals and added some of my own to add some personal touches. I will post some new ones when I take them...probably after this weekend.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I meant to ask before, was your boat one of the lucky ones? Meaning PROBOAT hulls were notorious for chips in the gel coat, and stress cracks where the 2 halves were joined. Is there any on this hull? Oh and if you want another very fun boat, pick up one of their new Mini v's. It's the most fun i have ever had with a boat before.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I meant to ask before, was your boat one of the lucky ones? Meaning PROBOAT hulls were notorious for chips in the gel coat, and stress cracks where the 2 halves were joined. Is there any on this hull? Oh and if you want another very fun boat, pick up one of their new Mini v's. It's the most fun i have ever had with a boat before.
I believe the older Pro Boat Shockwave 55's (the yellow one's) had some problems with the hulls. The new one's (the red, white & black color scheme one's) are packaged better with lots of cushioning and there are fewer problems with cracking during shipping. Mine is perfect and, so far, it runs great! I have two of the Mini V's on order for my boys (ages 6 & 4-1/2), but I am sure I will play with them too!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I believe the older Pro Boat Shockwave 55's (the yellow one's) had some problems with the hulls. The new one's (the red, white & black color scheme one's) are packaged better with lots of cushioning and there are fewer problems with cracking during shipping. Mine is perfect and, so far, it runs great! I have two of the Mini V's on order for my boys (ages 6 & 4-1/2), but I am sure I will play with them too!

They will love them. But one thing you need to check before you put them into the water for first time is the universal joints. Just make sure that they are aligned. Mine weren't so I just figured I'd pass it along.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
They will love them. But one thing you need to check before you put them into the water for first time is the universal joints. Just make sure that they are aligned. Mine weren't so I just figured I'd pass it along.
Thanks for the heads up on the alignment of the UJ's.