Notices

Thread: New boat...is HERE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default New boat...is HERE

Won this bad boy off of ebay last night

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280135535849

I cant wait to get it, should be a good addition. I love my villain and its a fun boat but I want to go faster Ill post up some pics and vid once I get it and get it running.

-Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 07-24-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: grammar
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Cool score dude - I've wanted a boat for years but have just never made the committment.

Definitely post up some vid...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice find. And like most of us you want to go faster too. It looks to be a nice boat. Post a vid and pics after you get it.
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Must be nice Mike.......looks fast has hell.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Nice find, but it need a brushless. The SV27 motor and speed control would probably put that hull to over 45mph
'83 chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by '83 chevy View Post
Nice find, but it need a brushless. The SV27 motor and speed control would probably put that hull to over 45mph
Yea I am thinking of seeing how fast it is with the 10 turn, then I might save up for a nice BL unit
Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You got it! Nice...
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Yea I am thinking of seeing how fast it is with the 10 turn, then I might save up for a nice BL unit
Now that is whare I come in I have the fastest Neu motors in stock and the Barracuda or Hydra Speed controls. But if you want to go cheap the Feigao motors will do about 2/3 the speed at 1/3 the cost. I know the correct one for what ever you want to do. I am pushing 85 to 100MPH now with 18 cells or 6s1p
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
Now that is whare I come in I have the fastest Neu motors in stock and the Barracuda or Hydra Speed controls. But if you want to go cheap the Feigao motors will do about 2/3 the speed at 1/3 the cost. I know the correct one for what ever you want to do. I am pushing 85 to 100MPH now with 18 cells or 6s1p

I was just checking out the V-28 Patriot Randy, that is a great looking boat. That is prolly the way I'll go when I get one, maybe for Christmas.

Sweet boat Mike, I am seriously jealous.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

I was just checking out the V-28 Patriot Randy, that is a great looking boat. That is prolly the way I'll go when I get one, maybe for Christmas.

Sweet boat Mike, I am seriously jealous.
Well this will not help

If I could just drive a crawler as good as a boat I would be up there with you.!:-)

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 07-24-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #11
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Well this will not help

If I could just drive a crawler as good as a boat I would be up there with you.!:-)
Oh dear god, now I REALLY want one!!! Screw Traxxas.

Quote:
I'm quite certain if you were that good you'd be way past me.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

sweet boat!!!! i'm more into offshore but i would like to do a fast hydro someday

heres my challenger

it's powered by a novak hvmaxx on 14 ib4200s runs dam past the capabilitys of the hull in calm water. hulls rated for 45mph but my setup with everything factored in is cabable of the low 60's.

i also just ordered a 26" scat cat from randy

which will be poweredby a sv27 system on 12 cells when she's done and look like this
skidooguymxz550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
You got it! Nice...
Yup I sure did Thanks for the advice, I am sure I will be hitting you and Randy up with some questions once I get it, but from the looks of it, it seems like its good to go

Quote:
I will let ya know Randy , I dunno about doing 85mph or even 100 that may be to fast for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Screw Traxxas.
HEY dont be knocking the traxxas I still have lots of love for my villain, especially when I back it into the lake this weekend with my high lift and new white bone trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooguymxz550 View Post
sweet boat!!!! i'm more into offshore but i would like to do a fast hydro someday

heres my challenger

it's powered by a novak hvmaxx on 14 ib4200s runs dam past the capabilitys of the hull in calm water. hulls rated for 45mph but my setup with everything factored in is cabable of the low 60's.

i also just ordered a 26" scat cat from randy

which will be poweredby a sv27 system on 12 cells when she's done and look like this

Very cool man, I have a lot of fun with my current boat, I like to just cruiser the lake at full speed. Who knows, maybe some day Ill get even more into it. We'll see where this new one takes me

-Mike
Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yup I sure did Thanks for the advice, I am sure I will be hitting you and Randy up with some questions once I get it, but from the looks of it, it seems like its good to go

I will let ya know Randy , I dunno about doing 85mph or even 100 that may be to fast for me

HEY dont be knocking the traxxas I still have lots of love for my villain, especially when I back it into the lake this weekend with my high lift and new white bone trailer

Very cool man, I have a lot of fun with my current boat, I like to just cruiser the lake at full speed. Who knows, maybe some day Ill get even more into it. We'll see where this new one takes me

-Mike

you should get more into it. do up some scale powerboats. with what you do on trucks i'd love to see you do a scale offshore build. would be amazing
skidooguymxz550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #15
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooguymxz550 View Post
you should get more into it. do up some scale powerboats. with what you do on trucks i'd love to see you do a scale offshore build. would be amazing
Hey...Ya never know
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

If you wanna see some nice 1/10th scale boats that would look good behind one of your rigs, ask Randy to post some of the drag boats.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
If you wanna see some nice 1/10th scale boats that would look good behind one of your rigs, ask Randy to post some of the drag boats.
After I get to the shop I will post some pics for you. I pulled your CF drag hydro It is soo sweet. I also did the first join in the mold with the Runner bottom it came out sweet took a lot of mold work to get to that point but it is worth it.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:

-Mike
I was just letting you know what I am capable of putting together(all ranges). We all have to drive in our own ranges. If you were to have too hot of set up and was un able to drive at those speeds and held off on the throttle say 1/2 throttle then you would have a on board fire. Not good, I help people build boats that are designed around growth and with a change of the prop or cells it will go faster and as your ability's improve the boat will grow with you and not have to re buy everything. You might want to start with a 19t motor the 10t is real hot and with the flat bottom and possible wet trim you could heat up the SC and damage it.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #19
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
I was just letting you know what I am capable of putting together(all ranges). We all have to drive in our own ranges. If you were to have too hot of set up and was un able to drive at those speeds and held off on the throttle say 1/2 throttle then you would have a on board fire. Not good, I help people build boats that are designed around growth and with a change of the prop or cells it will go faster and as your ability's improve the boat will grow with you and not have to re buy everything. You might want to start with a 19t motor the 10t is real hot and with the flat bottom and possible wet trim you could heat up the SC and damage it.

O wow, I didnt know the ESC could be damaged that way I guess I have a lot to be learning about this. Thanks for all the tips so far, I will let you guys know when I get it, and I will go from there.

-Mike

**edit**

So with this type of boat, is it ment for just real short runs? Or can I run it untill the 3300 dumps down?

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 07-25-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
RCC Addict

When I was on vaca last year in the Keys I watched these guys run their boats around. Talk about stupid fast!

NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote