RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Foreign buyers on eBay... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/80417-foreign-buyers-ebay.html)

radishkid 08-05-2007 09:24 PM

Foreign buyers on eBay...

Nothing again foreign folks in general, but sometimes they can be a royal PITA when it comes to them bidding on and winning eBay auctions. I have listed in my auctions places that I will and will NOT ship to, yet people still bid.

I had Borat's cousin from Turkey buy a pair of X-Mods from me. I was just trying to get rid of them (I would have thrown them out, but decided to list them), they sold for $54, and then the fink complains that his shipping cost too much (at $46 actual) when I charged him $35.

A guy from Germany bought my Revo, shipped with tracking for close to $90 (a huge heavy box) but USPS tracking is apparently only good until it leaves the states. Now he's been 3 weeks without the truck and is asking me for where it is...

5 minutes ago, I have a guy win from Thailand on a vintage Kyosho Rampage Pro, NIB. Shipping is $70 w/o insurance. I can't wait to hear about this one.

Anyone have this kind of luck or is it just me? Rant over.

Usmc8541 08-05-2007 09:29 PM

You need to put WILL NOT SHIP OVERSEAS in huge as$ banners ALL over the page, it usually detures them. Also translate it into multiple languages.LOL

konafreeride11 08-05-2007 09:30 PM

if you have that you wont ship it outside the us, wait till they send payment, send it back to them and second chance the next highest bidder, or you can see where their from before it ends and cancel their bids..

radishkid 08-05-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konafreeride11 (Post 797248)
if you have that you wont ship it outside the us, wait till they send payment, send it back to them and second chance the next highest bidder, or you can see where their from before it ends and cancel their bids..

I have shipping regions specified in my auctions. I also ask that international bidders email me first.

The most frustrating part is that it is usually a snipe.

xjman 08-05-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radishkid (Post 797253)
I have shipping regions specified in my auctions. I also ask that international bidders email me first.

Then you have every rite to deny the sale to them if they are outside your listed shipping areas.

5150 Krawlers 08-05-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radishkid (Post 797253)

x2 I have had the same problems....it is 9 times out of 10 someone from the UK that always snipes my stuff

shutupanddrive 08-06-2007 12:30 AM

You should just put on your auction that the fee for shipping and handling outside the US is $200.
What pisses me off about shipping stuff outside the US is filling out the retarded paperwork at the post office. I just don't bother selling crap outside the US. No more than I sell on Ebay, it's not worth my trouble.

wallaz 08-06-2007 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutupanddrive (Post 797506)
You should just put on your auction that the fee for shipping and handling outside the US is $200.
What pisses me off about shipping stuff outside the US is filling out the retarded paperwork at the post office. I just don't bother selling crap outside the US. No more than I sell on Ebay, it's not worth my trouble.

So it's Johnny foreigners fault that you have a ****ty post office.

I would never bid on stuff abroad, unless they ship overseas.

I have asked a few sellers before and quite a few normally just decline. Not a problem, just keep looking elsewhere.

radishkid 08-06-2007 06:21 AM

Wallaz, the problem for me is not that it is a foreigner, it is that my auctions are usually sniped at the last minute by someone who has not asked me for an international shipping price, and often lives in some obscure part of the world where shipping is unreasonable or unsafe (Germany being an exception in this case).

Thank you from the States for being a bidder who checks before bidding and doesn't end up complaining to the seller about shipping or refusing to pay it for being too high.

Rok_Dok 08-06-2007 06:37 AM

The fact that you post you wont ship out.....but if your international email me first.

TRY sticking to your guns on the post.... NO shipping outside the US PERIOD.

Instead of NO then mabye

Gula 08-06-2007 06:47 AM

shipping to germany usually takes about 30 days at the most.

shutupanddrive 08-06-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallaz (Post 797567)
So it's Johnny foreigners fault that you have a ****ty post office.

Yes. Those were my exact words. :roll: And how do you know Johnny Foreigner? Me and Johnny go back. We roomed together in college. :lol:

The post office thing is just the icing on the cake. For me, it's always some genius in Canada that bids on my "no international buyers" auction. I love it when people knowingly and willingly ignore my auction guidlines. Most of the time I try to research the bidders to see where they live, if they are outside the US I cancel their bids. Nothing personal against "Johnny" I just hate tards who can't read or think they don't have to follow my simple guidlines.

trickedoutTLT06 08-06-2007 12:21 PM

one guy bought some axles from me from paris when I clearly stated I didn't want to ship outside the U.S., so I just sent the money back and hes like WTF :lol:

But I wouldnt mind dealing with Leorosa! he's awesome to deal with

dezfan 08-06-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 (Post 797810)
one guy bought some axles from me from paris when I clearly stated I didn't want to ship outside the U.S., so I just sent the money back and hes like WTF?:lol:

Big deal, you probably sold them to someone else before the auction was even over.:roll:

trickedoutTLT06 08-06-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 797819)
Big deal, you probably sold them to someone else before the auction was even over.:roll:

wasn't an auction ":roll:"

dezfan 08-06-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 (Post 797823)

If that makes you feel better!"thumbsup"

skidooguymxz550 08-06-2007 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 (Post 797810)
one guy bought some axles from me from paris when I clearly stated I didn't want to ship outside the U.S., so I just sent the money back and hes like WTF :lol:

But I wouldnt mind dealing with Leorosa! he's awesome to deal with

and this one time at band camp.........

selling international sucks. have had some bad expierence selling industrial equipment and then they retract there payment. no way to protect against that, besides with other hassles why bother.

the only way me and my dad will sell over seas is with a western union transfer

shutupanddrive 08-07-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 (Post 797823)

Was it for some of these axles you were going to make? :lol:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...=13446&page=10

Big Mike 08-07-2007 06:22 AM

I have to ship to Canada several times a week - and it is a royal pain in the butt. I'm lobbying to raise prices on our products going to Canada just due to having to put out 4 times the effort to ship there. Customs, duty fees, blah blah.
Then there's the part about guys in Canada needing 4 times the customer support for some strange reason. Electricians up there (Ontario specifically) just complicate things 10 fold.
The term "certified electrician" just no longer impresses me. It means nothing anymore. I'm just a pool tech. if you get nit-picky about it, yet I run circles around 3/4's of these guys.
I always state in my few auctions "no shipping outside the continental U.S." I have'nt had any problems yet. But I very rarely sell on Ebay...