Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Beware: Blizzard And Plaync Soft...cc Fraud

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation Beware: Blizzard And Plaync Soft...cc Fraud

To all,

Please beware, I want to give a heads up on something that recently happened to me.

It turns out someone, somehow, got my debit/credit number and was making charges to my account. They are mulitple charges all the same day at the same time. Here is how they show up on the statment.

(3) transactions of $19.99 a piece from:

BLIZZARD-ENT ELECUPGRD 800-592-5499 CA

FYI: This company (Blizzard) owns and runs the World Of Warcraft online game community. Do a GOOGLE search on "Blizzard credit card fraud" and you will find a ton of reading material.

Also fraudulant charges:

(3) transactions of $49.99 piece from:

NC SOFT 1 512 2256359 NY

FYI: This company is (PlayNC Soft) looks to be some kind of software support, possibly for gaming systems...? Do a GOOGLE search on PlayNC Soft credit card fraud and you will also find plenty of reading material. You will also find a crossover to the Blizzard company...

Please beware of giving your card to restaurants or businesses that leave your sight with your card in hand or even giving your numbers over the phone. I am speaking from experience, it's a scary feeling when you see charges just popping up on your account like wildfire. They over drew my account and cost me a lot of over draft fees in the process...

This was just a friendly heads-up... we all work hard for what we have. Then all it takes is some scum like this to take it all away.

Thank you for your time,

-MT
SATAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Don'y use a debit card, use a credit card with a low limit so if it does happen it's not a huge loss and won't screw your credit. Another thing I read is ask your CC company for a new number every year.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:00 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's not Blizzard and NCSoft that are the problem.
It's people fraudulently using your information to initiate accounts with these companies.

Basically there is a thriving market for virtual items in the online games.
They have "farmers" who play the game to harvest items for sale.
A lot of the farmers are sponsored by organized crime, and they purchase your credit card numbers to use to pay for their activities.

You can easily get these charges reversed through your bank, and you should also report it to Blizzard and NCSoft.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote