Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Hillary Clinton..un-friggin'-believeable!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

God forbid anyone take responsibility for their actions.

Good thing we have stupid asses like her around to absolve everyone
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #22
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
If this happens, I'm gonna have to stop making the payments on my house. That money could go to something better.
Huh?......you mean purposely default on your loan obligation?
Jay
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmt View Post
For all you young and even some of you older guys out there, BUY a house, DON'T rent.
Before you make this decision, you need to really review your income status. It is NOT smart to buy a house unless you plan to live there for at least 5 years. If you do not live in a house long enough, you will not build up enough equity and can loose quite a bit of money when you sell.

I just moved for a new job with a massive pay raise and had to sell my house (which I owned for less than a year). The selling price was just a bit over what we sold it for, but the costs to sell were pretty high.

Keep in mind that to sell a house, you will pay about 10% for agent fees and closing costs, etc.

So, while I could afford to sell the house and will make up my loss in a few months, most people cant afford this situation. In this way, I house can be a burden and can force you into situations which are less than optimal.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
Not to get too political, but I'm a republican (gasp!) and I support Bush (sure I'll hear about that one)
x2
musicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I don't feel that you should be able to make a career out of being a politic.

To hell with all of these morons who have been in the game their whole lives. How about we get an average middle class person to run the government.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Before you make this decision, you need to really review your income status. It is NOT smart to buy a house unless you plan to live there for at least 5 years. If you do not live in a house long enough, you will not build up enough equity and can loose quite a bit of money when you sell.

I just moved for a new job with a massive pay raise and had to sell my house (which I owned for less than a year). The selling price was just a bit over what we sold it for, but the costs to sell were pretty high.

Keep in mind that to sell a house, you will pay about 10% for agent fees and closing costs, etc.

So, while I could afford to sell the house and will make up my loss in a few months, most people cant afford this situation. In this way, I house can be a burden and can force you into situations which are less than optimal.

Good point, I didn't think of that since I knew where I was going to live.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
I think creditors are to blame.

Back in the day if you needed a loan you spoke with a a dude at the bank, he looked at your financial status and sat down with you face to face to go over things.

These days all creditors look at is your debt to income ratio...which never reflects your total debt per month.

I worked part time for a buddy of mine that a car dealership...soldiers comprised a vast majority of his buyers.

I was amazed to see that these folks were getting car loans and paying as much as $400 a month for the payment alone (high interest is a killer) then would have to add insurance on top of that.

These kids were bringing in less than $1,000 a month after taxes...several of them still had other bills to contend with.

The bad thing is that, as a business, the concern about whether or not the person can afford the payment doesn't fall in the hands of the salesman, his job is only to get you into a car you can "afford". If the lending companies run a credit check and approve you, that's all the dealership is concerned about. Once you sign and the paperwork is sent to the bank the dealer's work is done.

Same crap with the housing market.

gregrocks, I've found it easier to buy than rent. The longer you rent the longer you pay someone else's mortgage. You don't build equity by renting.
i agree somewhat with what you are saying. i also see creditors as i see car salesmen...snakes. but, the bottom line is people sign on to these loans without doing the homework.

as far as buying my own place, i would love to! you would be insane to buy a home in so-cal right now. and being 40 years old, i certainly know that you don't build equity by renting.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #28
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
i agree somewhat with what you are saying. i also see creditors as i see car salesmen...snakes. but, the bottom line is people sign on to these loans without doing the homework.

as far as buying my own place, i would love to! you would be insane to buy a home in so-cal right now. and being 40 years old, i certainly know that you don't build equity by renting.

You could do like the rest of California, move to Arizona and ruin their housing market.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #29

That's why the wife and I can't afford one quite yet. Soon enough though.
musicmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The selling price was just a bit over what we sold it for, but the costs to sell were pretty high.

SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
You could do like the rest of California, move to Arizona and ruin their housing market.
well, not arizona for me, but a move might be in my near future. perhaps east coast time.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
As they went by they crapped up the Las Vegas market.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
Oops....meant to say that the selling price was a bit higher than what we bought it for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawnmt View Post
Good point, I didn't think of that since I knew where I was going to live.
Yeah, I wasnt expecting to move either, but I was offered an excellent opportunity. I am glad I had the funds to sell my house and not be stuck there...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

The mortgage brokers gave loans to anyone with a heartbeat. If those loans go defunct the brokers should pay 50% the default costs.

Feekin Gordon Gecko greed BS. Should be laws that make grossly improper sales a crime.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roktoy View Post
Huh?......you mean purposely default on your loan obligation?
Jay
i think he was just being sarcastic. making a point about how ridiculous this is.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
they had to go somewere, we ran out of houses in western WA.

Last edited by DUDE; 08-09-2007 at 09:39 PM.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

It's a combination of bad lending programs and the brokers that sell them.

"ah Mr Jones I see you only make $3000 a month. Sure I get you financed for $500,000. We'll do a interest only ARM for 24 months at .5%, your payment is only $900 a month, sound good? Greaaat."

Mr Jones forgot to ask about the 25th payment, and if he did ask..."oh don't worry about that, rates will go way down by then and we can refinance you, nothing to worry about"

The ARM runs 24 payments at .5% then rolls to a 24 month adjustable and his payment triples. I can't get refinanced into a fixed loan because he doesn't make enough money. He then becomes behind on the 25th and 26th payment, killing his credit, now he can't even get another interest only ARM approved.

I would like to research how many foreclosures happen on fixed rate loans compared to ARMs.

Hillary: We voting conservatives need to take a play from the Libs play book on this one. Call this bail out what it is. Giving money to the large corporate bank and lenders, rewarding them for having such low standards when lending money. isn't that what they say Bush is doing for BIG OIL?

I think she will be the next President, too bad really. Any woman who stays with a cheater is a weak B*tch in my book.

I like Fred Thompson, not as Libertarian as i usually like my Republicans, but he is electable. Any guy that fat that can score a hot wife and a TV gig is good in my book.
JohnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #38
RCC Addict

If Hillary becomes president, we will go through another Jimmy Carter era, and trust me your wallet will hurt and jobs will be gone.

Carter was a bleeding heart, all for helping the lazy and the weak, it ruined the US economy bad.

Hillary can't win if the majority won't vote for her, are you a voting citizen??

Last edited by DUDE; 08-09-2007 at 09:46 PM.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #39
Dirt Addict

Location: Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
i think he was just being sarcastic. making a point about how ridiculous this is.
Probably so :-).....just wonder how many people might actually be thinking that way???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
I think she will be the next President, too bad really. Any woman who stays with a cheater is a weak B*tch in my book.
It's all been her plan from when she was in high school or college. She doesn't care as much what Bill does (though she does get pissed) as she does about her goal of being President. She did for Bill and the deal is now he better do for her.

Jay

Last edited by roktoy; 08-12-2007 at 10:26 PM.
roktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
The mortgage brokers gave loans to anyone with a heartbeat. If those loans go defunct the brokers should pay 50% the default costs.

Feekin Gordon Gecko greed BS. Should be laws that make grossly improper sales a crime.
While I agree that the broker and brokerage houses are a little shady, If these idiots buy a house that they can't afford and don't do their homework on something as important as a mortgage then they deserve to be thrown into debtors' prison with forced labor until the note is paid off. Hillary sucks!
Stevemo is offline   Reply With Quote